PDA

View Full Version : Need Movie Help

DonnieDarko
07-24-2005, 12:08 PM
OK, the summer movies are out, and I've got some choices ..... Let me know if you've seen any of the movies below and provide a thumbs up/down recc if you have any opins.

1) Charlie and Chocolate Factory
2) War of the worlds
3) Batman Begins
4) The Devil's Rejects

Feel free to comment on other movies in the theater if you wish, these are just the ones on my list to see. As you can see, I am falling behind.

Ousted
07-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I talk to clients all day about movies, always asking them whats good, and so far people are LOVING Charlie and the Cholcolate Factory, and I havent heard one negative about Batman Begins since it opened, all have loved it.
People seem to either love or kinda like War of the Worlds...my hubby LOVED it. Supposed to have great special effects, but supposedly some parts are disappointing.

I wish I could give you first-hand recommendations, but I usually wait until they are released on DVD. :(

IrieAllie
07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is the one I want to see. Here's the quote from one of the teachers at my kids' school "Wow. That movie was something. I don't know what kind of drugs they were on when they made it, but I think you need to be on them to get into it." So that's my next flick of choice :) Hitting the drive-in and watching Charlie! I already love the original....and my little ones are huge fans of Willy Wonka too.

Batman Begins is good--I've seen a shitty pirated copy of it. LOL Not like the other ones though, but good.

Much like Ousted, I have no "real" first hand experience....maybe I should get out more????? LOL

Ousted
07-27-2005, 01:45 AM
"Wow. That movie was something. I don't know what kind of drugs they were on when they made it, but I think you need to be on them to get into it."

Thats a glowing review if Ive ever heard one. :p

So what movie did you end up seeing DD?

DonnieDarko
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I haven't gotten out yet .... probably not till the weekend. I'm leaning toward Charlie, expecially if I'm a little toasted. Thanks for the feedback thus far ....

The drive-in sounds cool, I only have one in my area (3 screens) but every inch is packed so there's not alot of privacy.

DonnieDarko
08-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I finally did get to see "Charlie". It is a well-made movie, lots of trippy effects and music to get into. I was just a little disappointed that it wasn't darker, as I was expecting it from Tim Burton. Not to spoil anything, but the scene with the squirrels was very cool.

Ousted
08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I think I'll go see that today. :)