PDA

View Full Version : Calling all adults!

Ousted
07-24-2005, 10:42 AM
So many threads and posts with "Im 15!" "Im 16" "My mom..." "My dad..." "Im grounded..." "Im a virgin!" "What's masturbation?" "At my high school..."

Blech.

Need. Adult. Conversation.

Don't. like. reading. children. posting. about. weed.

K, sorry for the gripe. I hate whining but I really couldn't control myself. I was telling one of the cafe members in PM that the cafe area should be adults only. That would be a nice haven which I would love to retire to at the end of the day. Talk about current events, movies, whatever we feel like while knowing we're all smokers. Im going to start posting interesting articles and such in here to get some good conversation going, and if you guys find anything interesting going on, or want to review good movies you've seen, whatever its all good, please please post! And check this forum as often as you can! We are all wasting our $20. I dont want to waste my $20. :(

IrieAllie
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I am here, and I agree 100%. Nothing like hopping on here, to see "how to you french kiss?" "How long does it take to come?"

Yeah, I like some big people conversation too :) Being home with a 6 year old and 4 year old gives me all the little people talk I need in a day. I'll be the first to admit, I CAN be entertained at times...but I like to smarten up the conversation too! LOL

So we shall begin with some interesting banter now? Okay....I am going to find this article I just read this morning... :)

DonnieDarko
07-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm sure the youngsters have the same complaint about us OLD people. LOL .... I do agree with y'all, trying to maintain an adult life (raise kids, develop job/career, and health) and enjoy our personal freedoms is much more complicated than anyone can imagine.

Of course, at 48, if I can get a new technique on how to French Kiss from a 14 year old, EVEN BETTER.

You guys keep me laughing !!!

Zandor
07-26-2005, 04:16 PM
You could post in the feed back forum and ask for Ron to make a forum for Older members (like us), not that you can keep the kiddies from there but it's a place to start. The cultivation area is not bad but we still have plenty of kiddies there too. They are not as bad as the Lounge but they are still there.

Think up a good name for the forum and a sub title ( the part that goes under the name)
That's just an Idea.

maryjanemama
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
The best part about being a Cafe Member is that most of us paid with a credit card, that's key. Most teens do not have credit carts, yet, and aren't about to ask their parents to use their's for joining a Cannabis site. All except for Ghost, but, I don't consider him a teen since he's more mature than I am.

Some of the threads by the kids are pretty funny, especially when they ask what we think they should name their bongs. Seriously, people name their bongs? Since when? Did I miss that phase or what? Or am I just showing my age?

The sexuality forum is almost scary....no wonder there are so many STDs and teen pregnancies, some of these kids do not even know the basics of the birds and the bees. Arg. Anyway, I am going to post a link over there in a few to help them out, I guess it's the least I can do. :rolleyes:

On a less serious note, when did I become an adult? How did this happen? Did you know Pearl Jam is now considered classic rock? Wtf? Who slipped a roofie in my Mt. Dew? I woke up this morning and suddenly three kids appeared and they were all calling me mommy....haha. :p

mlleyeuxbleus
07-26-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm a grown-up, lol! :) I agree with mjm, the lack of basic sexual knowledge is SCARY...no wonder, yikes.

I have no kids, yet. I'm actually getting ready to take custody of my 15 yr. old cousin; driving up to Maine to pick her up in about 10 days. Looking forward to it, but also a little bit terrified... going from single girl to instant mom of a teen, wtf am I thinking?? My mom keeps telling me I need to watch the movie Raising Helen. So anyway, can't relate to the mommy thing this instant, but have a feeling I will be jonesing for some grown-up time soon enough. :)

Dude, is Pearl Jam seriously considered classic rock???

Ousted
07-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Zandor, thats a really good idea, however as of right now I dont feel comfortable making such a request as Im still n00b-ular. (<see that? cross between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and geek speak, Im so awesome. :P )
PLus I would rather not make a request with all those kiddies eyes watching me. (c-o-w-a-r-d, I can even spell it, haha) Maybe in the future if activity doesnt increase too much then I will suggest the idea in hopes that the adults members would be more likely to join if they too are tired of the kiddie talk.

Pearl Jam is classic rock? Scary. I loved my flannels with my broomstick skirts, Mossimo tees and Doc Martins. But I guess it has been a while...15 years? whoo. Kurt Cobain killed himself 11 years ago. Definitely doesnt seem that long.

maryjanemama
07-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Pearl Jam is classic rock? Scary. I loved my flannels with my broomstick skirts, Mossimo tees and Doc Martins. But I guess it has been a while...15 years? whoo. Kurt Cobain killed himself 11 years ago. Definitely doesnt seem that long.
Pearl Jam's first 2 cds, Ten and Verses are considered classic rock at the 2 stations in the area that actually play Pearl Jam....but, once you go past Vitalogy most people don't recognize any of the songs anyway. They will call it a "flashback" (for the love of God, that was not that long ago!!).

Personally, I didn't get too shook up over Kurt. It was a tragedy, but, who couldn't see it coming? Anytime I ever saw his interviews, he always looked like a trainwreck and seemed very depressed. But I guess we'd all be that way if we were waking up to Courtney Love everyday. :rolleyes: Does anyone remember when he showed up on Headbanger's Ball wearing one of Courtney's dresses? He was laughing then, that's the only time I can think of when I saw him alive when he looked like he was genuinely having a good time being a rock star.

DonnieDarko
07-27-2005, 10:52 AM
What I can't believe is that real classic rock concerts (Stones, Springsteen, Eagles, Floyd .... ) are filling stadiums and commanding top dollar ticket prices.

maryjanemama
07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
What I can't believe is that real classic rock concerts (Stones, Springsteen, Eagles, Floyd .... ) are filling stadiums and commanding top dollar ticket prices.
Yes, sometimes I think the saying it's better to burn out than to fade away is true. I hear Robert Plant's new cd is sad, sad, sad....I don't know if he's planning to tour.... I saw the Stones on TV in a commercial. As if that right there is not disgrace enough, Mick is onstage singing "Satisfaction" and it is awful. Poor Mick. I think some people just go to these types of shows because they know these guys may not be around for too much longer. They're willing to pay $150 or whatever because they never know when they'll turn on the news and hear that Keith Richards is dead.

DonnieDarko
07-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes, sometimes I think the saying it's better to burn out than to fade away is true. I hear Robert Plant's new cd is sad, sad, sad....I don't know if he's planning to tour.... I saw the Stones on TV in a commercial. As if that right there is not disgrace enough, Mick is onstage singing "Satisfaction" and it is awful. Poor Mick. I think some people just go to these types of shows because they know these guys may not be around for too much longer. They're willing to pay $150 or whatever because they never know when they'll turn on the news and hear that Keith Richards is dead.

Selling out songs on TV commercials is the worst. These guys made their money and fame on songs that had real meaning, and now they sell them out. "Start Me Up" (Stones), "Dream On" (Aerosmith) are just a couple of examples of sell-out TV commercials. And don't get me started on BB King being the poster guy for Burger King.

papaw
08-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I think Ousted makes a really good point with this thread. It is nice to see intelligent conversation on this site. I'm not trying to insult any younger members or say that they have nothing worthwhile to add. Anyone who takes a look at any of my posts can see that just because you're an adult it does not mean that you have anything worthwhile to share. It is always fun to smoke up and just talk fluff, but it is also nice to share your thoughts during lucid moments. Anyway, I enjoy thought provoking conversation, (even if my thoughts aren't quite as deep as everyone else's) and would like to give kudos to Ousted because he has shared some really great ideas and debates with us, and I look forward to seeing more from him/her. But I still love to see what the kids come up with, and they certainly contribute more than their fair share of intelligent and well thought out ideas.

DonnieDarko
08-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Agree, I really like what the Cafe Lounge has evolved into .... intelligent and mature conversation.

And we also have some laughs !!!

IrieAllie
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
It seems to me that our little cafe group is growing in size lately!!!! Or is it just me? Yes, I think it's great to talk in a civilized manner with other like minded folks--regardless of age. I also enjoy reading some of the goofy posts out there, but can you imagine posting info about sex toys, etc OUT THERE???? It would have turned into a freak show. I am not knocking the younger folk for their "giddy" attitude towards all things sex and relationships. When you don't have the experience of relationships, sex, and all the stuff that goes along with it, you really can't have a civilized conversation about it, now, can you? I like the direction that our little group is going...fun, intriguing conversation....all with wit, humor and intelligence. Yay for us!

Ousted
08-23-2005, 10:33 PM
and would like to give kudos to Ousted because he has shared some really great ideas and debates with us, and I look forward to seeing more from him/her.

*blush* :o Thank you for your kind words, papaw.
Welcome to the cafe! :D

Ousted
08-23-2005, 10:33 PM
I like the direction that our little group is going...fun, intriguing conversation....all with wit, humor and intelligence. Yay for us!

Yeah, we're all pretty darn great! :p

kuulbns
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Ahhhh! It feels like I can relax in here and not have to walk on eggshells because there might be an impressionable young person about, lol. I enjoy reading all of the cafe posts, I'm glad I joined. I look forward to reading the new posts.

DonnieDarko
08-24-2005, 12:27 AM
I thought that the "Tips for Taking off Bras" thread was informative :D :D :D

papaw
08-24-2005, 03:56 AM
I thought that the "Tips for Taking off Bras" thread was informative :D :D :D
I actually responded to that one. God, I really feel like a fucking dork now.

DonnieDarko
08-24-2005, 07:17 PM
I actually responded to that one. God, I really feel like a fucking dork now.

Dude,

Your post was the best .... I've done that move once or twice, and I'm gonna bring it back. You are not a dork, papaw.

LOL, I also find myself trying to answer the sex stuff seriously, only to later realize who the likely audience is ... but WTF ....

ineedskillz
08-28-2005, 12:01 PM
So many threads and posts with "Im 15!" "Im 16" "My mom..." "My dad..." "Im grounded..." "Im a virgin!" "What's masturbation?" "At my high school..."

Blech.

(

This is why i stoped posting here.But it's nice to see the people i remember.

GHoSToKeR
08-28-2005, 10:03 PM
It seems to me that our little cafe group is growing in size lately!!!! Or is it just me? Yes, I think it's great to talk in a civilized manner with other like minded folks--regardless of age. I also enjoy reading some of the goofy posts out there, but can you imagine posting info about sex toys, etc OUT THERE???? It would have turned into a freak show. I am not knocking the younger folk for their "giddy" attitude towards all things sex and relationships. When you don't have the experience of relationships, sex, and all the stuff that goes along with it, you really can't have a civilized conversation about it, now, can you?
Hey man, that's not true... I'm only 18 (so am less experienced than alot people who are older than me, when it comes to both sex and relationships) but can still have a serious conversation about sex without giggling or being stupid...

P.S. - Hehe.. you said growing. Hehehe :p

NowhereMan
08-28-2005, 10:30 PM
i think im lost

but thats ok
what was the question
or was they one?

likemclever
08-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Gost....you are the exception to the rule. Someone even said that somewhere in this thread.

IrieAllie
08-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey man, that's not true... I'm only 18 (so am less experienced than alot people who are older than me, when it comes to both sex and relationships) but can still have a serious conversation about sex without giggling or being stupid...

P.S. - Hehe.. you said growing. Hehehe :p

I digress :) There are ALWAYS exceptions, don't get me wrong! And it is WONDERFUL to chat with someone who is younger, but doesn't imitate Beavis and Butthead....errr, uh, or things like that. I need TP for my bunghole! ROFL And I am 35!!!

Melton420
11-10-2005, 05:46 AM
well im 23 and i have a 3 and a 1 1/2 old, and i thought that when they get older it would be awckward, but after you start changing diapers and stuff, NOTHING becomes awckward!!! lol

IrieAllie
11-10-2005, 12:21 PM
well im 23 and i have a 3 and a 1 1/2 old, and i thought that when they get older it would be awckward, but after you start changing diapers and stuff, NOTHING becomes awckward!!! lol

You got that right. I can't believe how much I missed this place--well, moreso the Cafe Lounge. I laid low for some time...the novelty of 15 year olds sharing their vast expertise of blowjobs and french kissing wore off. I think I'll stick to the cafe for the most part--there are some great folks in here ;)

lostinTO
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Well as you can probably see, I don't post much. Probably due to the fact that so many of the posts just seem so immature, as you have all stated - but for some reason I read them anyway - kindof like a bad car accident - just can't seem to turn away!
But I'm glad I became a Cafe Member since this seems like a very good alternative.
BTW - I think I must be the oldest lady on the board - at 51. :dance:

IrieAllie
11-10-2005, 09:03 PM
TO (and I hope to GOD I am not talking to Terrell Owens...LMAO)....you are only as old as you feel. By which method...I am going on 17 (okay, 35, but who the hell is counting, right????). Age isn't anything but a number, baby...ROCK ON!

DonnieDarko
11-11-2005, 08:20 PM
TO (and I hope to GOD I am not talking to Terrell Owens...LMAO)....you are only as old as you feel. By which method...I am going on 17 (okay, 35, but who the hell is counting, right????). Age isn't anything but a number, baby...ROCK ON!

Age is just a number ?? .... a BIG Freakin number for some of us .... My body isn't getting stronger with age nor do I have more energy, and I don't wanna even start talking about erections :confused: :confused: I'm 48, I look 58 and I sometimes feel 68.

But seriously, I am enjoying the aging process .... I wouldn't trade the knowledge and wisdom that I've attained through life for a brand new body. I wouldn't trade the satisfaction of raising two daughters from birth to adulthood for anything. I've been married to the same woman for 26 years, We've survived some tough times, and enjoyed many, many happy times.

There is still a young person living inside of me, and I'm not afraid to let him out.

budsbuddy
11-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree about age. Your as old as you feel. I am almost 50 and if I do not look in a mirror I still can't believe it.
What is a bitch thogh is very few of my friends get high so copping is a drag some times. Around where I live it seems like the young people have the conections and they don't trust old farts. Well I seem to be slowly getting a list together. Hopefuly I will soon be in green heaven:rasta::stoned::smokin:

dogg
01-10-2006, 12:57 AM

Blech.

Don't. like. reading. children. posting. about. weed.

K, sorry for the gripe. I hate whining but I really couldn't control myself. I was telling one of the cafe members in PM that the cafe area should be adults only. That would be a nice haven which I would love to retire to at the end of the day. Talk about current events, movies, whatever we feel like while knowing we're all smokers. Im going to start posting interesting articles and such in here to get some good conversation going, and if you guys find anything interesting going on, or want to review good movies you've seen, whatever its all good, please please post! And check this forum as often as you can! We are all wasting our $20. I dont want to waste my $20. :(
Agreeable. What happen to this thread?