PDA

View Full Version : 1st Grow / 1st Box / Need Comments & Advice Please

Texastweeked
07-23-2005, 04:34 PM
After 25 years of smoking dirt & others comm. crap, decided to try it on my own, built this conniseurs cabinet, and through trial and error and a lot of help so far from "notanovice" on this site, have managed to get this far. Mum area seems to be doing extremely well, flower room was until 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago, 3rd mum was put inot flower, and can't pin point problem with her. Pic of bubbler for the flower room is included, but decided to put flower area through a test run first, have now managed to stabalize heat and air exchange, lighting height, etc. Now just issues with possible N def, Zinc def, or too much water (RO @ 6.5) ??? Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Too many pics to add to one post, will add on next.

Thanks Folks

Texastweeked
07-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Heres the rest, Mum 1, 1st Top Planted for Cloning, Pic of Clone 1 (2weeks), Pic of Clone, 3 1/2 weeks. Comments / Suggestions?!

Thanks Again!!

latewood
07-23-2005, 05:19 PM
I think your looking good...you said "Now just issues with possible N def, Zinc def, or too much water (RO @ 6.5) ???"...too much water and they droop like there wore out...what have you done so far as fertilizer/nutrients, and you're not far off, could be a little of what you said IMHO.
What is all that pvc? water, air, cooling?
<<<later>>>

luckydan
07-24-2005, 10:15 AM
They look prety good to me also ,Over watering will couse burning on the leaf margin.Only thing i can say is that they look a little light in colour.Like u said they maybe i bit deficient in N .Add more nitrogen that will green them up a bit..

Texastweeked
07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
The pic of the one top is the one that seems to be doing ok...got in a hurry posting last & left these out...Feeding Schultz Orchid Grow (00-00-00) All plants have been on Pure RO until the Clone and the 3rd Plant put into 12/12 then switched to nutes. The MUMS Plants 1 & 2 in previous threads, have remained on RO or RO with Hydrogen Peroxide occassionaly, they are still looking extremely healthy. This box design uses a 265cfm fan, and uses negative pressure to pull air through the box. Lower left chamber is the MUM or veg chamber, (3) 1" PVC intakes through side of box, then a 2" PVC set that is air intake to the Flower area, designed for SCROG to keep air under the canopy, then is drawn through the upper 2" PVC set through the cooling hood, into the utility area (ballasts, timers, fan, etc.) to help in cooling the electrical components. Then vented to the outside through 4" flex duct. These pics of the box make it difficult to see some of the items mentioned. Also the Bubbler is not being used at the moment becuase I intended for this to be a test run and was having success with the ones in soil. Never could get the clones to root in bubbler, although I just suceeded in making that happen (will post pics later), will also post better pics of box. The plant in this thread is the one that is in the process of dying unless I can fid her. Have flushed, then pure RO for a week, now back on 1/2 strength nutes to see what happens. Using HPS 150w, Temps at 75 +/- dark 12, mid 80's light 12...just added extra 2" PVC cool air intake, direct out of box air now mixed with flow through air and waiting for accurate temp readings. Let me know and thanks for all of ya'lls input.
WELL Having problems uploading pics again, am posting Links to other threads I have that include the pics and descr. of all.

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=17788

http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=24541

Thanks Again

Texastweeked
08-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, I had this problem with the previous Mum put into flower, with the leaves yellowing, harvested all of what was in the flower chamber, and moved the other two mums into 12/12 two (2) days ago. These plants looked GREAT!!! Schultz Liquid Plant food and Superthrive being used. After two days in 12/12 they are beginning to yellow at the new growth from the inside out (stem to tip) Veins are remaining green so far. I am using 150w HPS in a cooling hood as stated before, could the light be causing these issues, or the diff in nutrients being used by the plant, and would it effect them in this short period of time?!.....Added drip system to my bubbler that I have been having issues with and it is now the holder of two fine clones that are doing great so far. Thanks for the help on that situation. On the two that are yellowing, does it sound like Iron def?? if so would ironite be the thing to use?!

Thanks Again for the help

Zandor
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Well, I had this problem with the previous Mum put into flower, with the leaves yellowing, harvested all of what was in the flower chamber, and moved the other two mums into 12/12 two (2) days ago. These plants looked GREAT!!! Schultz Liquid Plant food and Superthrive being used. After two days in 12/12 they are beginning to yellow at the new growth from the inside out (stem to tip) Veins are remaining green so far. I am using 150w HPS in a cooling hood as stated before, could the light be causing these issues, or the diff in nutrients being used by the plant, and would it effect them in this short period of time?!.....Added drip system to my bubbler that I have been having issues with and it is now the holder of two fine clones that are doing great so far. Thanks for the help on that situation. On the two that are yellowing, does it sound like Iron def?? if so would ironite be the thing to use?!

Thanks Again for the helpFirst I donā??t think you are using a full NPK fertilizer. Superthrive is a root booster and not really a nutrient supplement. If you are in the flower cycle the nutrients change. Shultz cactus formula is closer to this type of plant if that's all you can get. You may want to get some good nutrients, GH and Advanced both make one bottle nutrients for grow and flower cycle.

What Ph are you running?

Texastweeked
08-24-2005, 02:44 PM
You really do not know how much I appreciate your help...I didn't get anywhere near the yield I should have ended up with, due to the nute problem(s), yellowing leaves, etc. I do not want the same issues occurring with this batch of girls....Understand, they are being grown in soil again, so that I can't kill them or hurt them quite as fast. Will let the bubbler babies do thier thing, and see how the system works. Is there any products that I might be able to pick up at Home Depot or Lowes, etc. that will work to keep them healthy, until I can order the GH and wait for it to arrive??
Thanks Again for the Help.

Zandor
08-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I think Shultz Cactus nutrients are close, that should be easy to find.

This is where I get some of my supplies. fyi
http://www.discount-hydro.com/nutrients.asp

Texastweeked
08-26-2005, 03:57 PM
OK, Here's a little more info, if it will help you help me.....I have modified the Original Bubbler Design to incorporate a drip type system. Now have bubbler and constant flow of water. Clones were rooted (white bumps showing) and moved into 4" pots (that I made in to net pots), medium is Lava Rock, cleaned and sterilized. Excuse the crude lids, but couldn't find any other until last night. RO Water, Schultz Liquid Food, Superthrive at approx. 1/2-2/3 recommended strength, 24/0 Light as in pic, 75-82 deg. Clones were put into pots 4 days ago, exta healthy, firm dark green leaves, until 2 days ago, then started to push out new growth condierably lighter green to yellow with tips looking brown...pics....I have ordered GH Flora Nova Nutrients, Grow & Bloom 2 bottle set, should arrive next day or so. Will change water and start that nute regimen as soon as arrives, should these clones do ok till then, not enough nute or too much?, Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated again. As soon as I can get teh bubbler to work, it will go back into the cabinet, under 150w HPS.
Thanks Again for Your Time and Patience

Zandor
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM
good idea on the covers. Once you get the new nutrients you should be fine.
You do have a good Ph & TDS pen right?

Texastweeked
08-27-2005, 04:42 PM
To answer your question Zandor...No I do Not have one....YET!! But...Since you asked that question, I can only assume that I will need one, so I will begin that hunt today. Also, the bubbler babies are not so jueno today. Seem to be stunted or held back...hard to explain, never the less, I checked the water in the tub and it seems really hot....pump heating it up possibly? What is a good avg. temp to try to maintain and how do I do so? Not any major slime build up this time, although there is a little of something on the inner sides of the tub, on the pump casing, tubing etc, that feels slick, but does not remain on my fingers once I remove them from the water???? I am beginning to feel like an idiot with this whole hydro ordeal, but trial and error is where knowledge comes from, I will just keep asking questions if you don't mind to terribly much. Thanks again for the help. Peace !!

Zandor
08-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes you do need them. In Hydroponic more so then dirt farming you need to watch the Ph closely. You only really set the TDS when you change or mix nutrients and that should be every 7-10 day's. The Ph needs to be adjusted every day or sometimes twice a day to keep it in balance. Ph problems are some of the first to show up in Hydro.

Do you clean and wash your reservoir in-between water changes? You should you know.

Hey it's only a plant so have fun with it growing it and then smoking it. :)