PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

naturalmystic
07-22-2005, 11:06 PM
plato said a long time ago, that the people of Atlantis "Arrogantly brought about their own destruction." When I heard that, I thought to myself "Alright, so did Sodom and Gomorrah". Can anyone tell me of any recorded history of a civilization dying out because of their arrogance. This might be an importatant theme. Wether it be in other religions, myths, ect.

mrdevious
07-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Probably just a story made to pass on some moral about not being an arogant ass and the such.

DisposableTeens56
07-24-2005, 06:52 AM
the story of atalantis is based off of this greek city thats was destoryed by a sunamy

mrdevious
07-29-2005, 05:32 AM
For those ignorant schmo's such as myself, what is sunamy?

naturalmystic
07-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I guess i'm an ignorant schmo too.

F L E S H
07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I think he means tsunami, not 'sunamy'...

And Atlantis is an allegory, it's a mythological story, it didn't really happen.

Twoshots
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Hehe Read this..http://www.atlan.org/faq/

DisposableTeens56
07-29-2005, 07:16 PM

And Atlantis is an allegory, it's a mythological story, it didn't really happen.

thats it lol thanks

mrdevious
07-29-2005, 10:54 PM

ah, thanks for clearing that up FLESH :) .

though I don't think any tsunami would have hit, I haven't heard of any Mediterranian country being hit by one.

F L E S H
07-30-2005, 03:20 AM
ah, thanks for clearing that up FLESH :) .

though I don't think any tsunami would have hit, I haven't heard of any Mediterranian country being hit by one.
But according to some 'scientists', Atlantis was actually in Indonesia and India, so we're still cool :cool:

mrdevious
07-30-2005, 04:49 AM
But according to some 'scientists', Atlantis was actually in Indonesia and India, so we're still cool :cool:

that's cool, I didn't know that, thanks FLESH .

on another interesting side note, apparently the ancient romans knew about Cannabis and it's effects, but asside from medical oils, was not used recreationally. how this didn't go into popular use is beyond me.

A Foo Says
07-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Atlantis could be in a few locations, bahamas, indo-china, Med. sea, etc.

If the guy that said 'sunamy' meant the one in Med. sea, there was an actual island of Minoa that was destroyed when a neighboring island had a massive volcano eruption that sent huge waves and ash and destroyed Minoa, which was recently discovered and thought to be the fabled Atlantis.

There's a bunch of man-made structures similiar to ancient bronze-age architecture underwater near the Bahamas, that's also another spot where it could be.

Another theory is that it's under Antarctica, that it's so old, after it was destroyed by its self, the continental drift took it under antarctica.

F L E S H
07-30-2005, 04:41 PM
that's cool, I didn't know that, thanks FLESH .

on another interesting side note, apparently the ancient romans knew about Cannabis and it's effects, but asside from medical oils, was not used recreationally. how this didn't go into popular use is beyond me.
I think a lot of people knew about cannabis for a long long time, but as you said it was used medicinally or in rituals, never recreationally

koshea
07-30-2005, 11:22 PM
i just watched a special on the history channel about sodom and gomorra or whatever, its pretty crazy how they were just all immoral and crazy sex/drug fiends then gods vengance burnd down their cities from fire in the sky and now archeologists are finding 2 twin cities near the exact location gien in the bible of the cities, and there is a layer of ash over both showing they were both burned, crazy shit

NOTEHOOK
07-31-2005, 05:01 AM
volcano and meteor shower at the same time! SCIENCE PREVAILS!!!!

koshea
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
lol, isnt it insane that all of these extremley insane weather things occured in the same time period?

naturalmystic
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Atlantis could be in a few locations, bahamas, indo-china, Med. sea, etc.

If the guy that said 'sunamy' meant the one in Med. sea, there was an actual island of Minoa that was destroyed when a neighboring island had a massive volcano eruption that sent huge waves and ash and destroyed Minoa, which was recently discovered and thought to be the fabled Atlantis.

There's a bunch of man-made structures similiar to ancient bronze-age architecture underwater near the Bahamas, that's also another spot where it could be.

Another theory is that it's under Antarctica, that it's so old, after it was destroyed by its self, the continental drift took it under antarctica.

Yeah, some scientists actually think that Atlantis was an "isnald nation", meaning they controlled many islands throughout the oceans.

mrdevious
08-01-2005, 06:49 AM
it's nowhere near Antarctica though, and continental drift doesn't move something that drastically over only a few thousand years, it takes millions.

F L E S H
08-01-2005, 04:40 PM
i just watched a special on the history channel about sodom and gomorra or whatever, its pretty crazy how they were just all immoral and crazy sex/drug fiends then gods vengance burnd down their cities from fire in the sky and now archeologists are finding 2 twin cities near the exact location gien in the bible of the cities, and there is a layer of ash over both showing they were both burned, crazy shit
Why wouldn't they exist? Bible stories are based on true events, without a doubt (except, of course, for the creation part :D )

weirdo79
08-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Personally I'd just like to know the date and timezone (and of course country) that history show was shown on. Just because it's been established for many years where the location of Sodom and Gomorrah were. But, hey don't take my word for it.....Ask an archeologist they often operate out of those wonderful stone buildings called museum's ;). Apparently it wasnt flaming column's but a moving of a trade route that brought down the fabled cities....(also according to any other writing non biblical on the subject the aforementioned cities were not dens of debauchery)....but hey considering the "evidence" purported by most apologists to disprove the vast majority of archeological facts ie: all other civilizations being wrong (their recordings) but the bible is right....it's not all that surprising is it..?

Euphoric
01-15-2006, 02:34 PM
whoa..i just had this insane thing happen to my brain. There I was just sleeping off a very light DXM trip from the night before. I was somewhere strange between the dream world and this one as i woke up for the first few seconds. Then i sneezed violently.
As i sneezed i had a suddenly clear "vision" of Atlantis near the golden gate bridge.

WTF.

doing some research on it when i woke up..finding a theme park in the area that looked exactly like what i saw. why am i spontaneously sneezing theme parks (or is there more to it?anythings possible)

the cityscape looked almost exactly like this
http://www.seaworld.com/seaworld/ca/ar_atlantis.aspx

interesting reference for atlantis
http://www.metastudies.com/msite/content/view/28/30/

harmonicminor
01-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Atlantis, if it existed could very well be under Antartica. But not because of continental drift but due to the Earth's axis shifting. They were very advanced people and had airships that flew with power derived from a giant crystal that was on the ground. This giant crystal gave off very high vibrations which eventually caused volcanoes and earthquakes that led to the destruction of Atlantis. I have read Edgar Cayce books on Atlantis and he was perhaps the most gifted prophet of all time.

harmonicminor
01-15-2006, 04:21 PM
btw the Earth's axis has shifted recently also but not much but it is detectable.

RastaKaze
01-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Atlantis, if it existed could very well be under Antartica. But not because of continental drift but due to the Earth's axis shifting. They were very advanced people and had airships that flew with power derived from a giant crystal that was on the ground. This giant crystal gave off very high vibrations which eventually caused volcanoes and earthquakes that led to the destruction of Atlantis. I have read Edgar Cayce books on Atlantis and he was perhaps the most gifted prophet of all time.

Yeah, seriously Edgar Cayce is the man. I assume you've read "Atlantis at the time of the first destruction" and "Atlantis in the time of Amelius?" Amazing stuff really, the atlantians mastered this worlds forces in ways that today would seem unimaginable...

beachguy in thongs
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
What's up with Twoshots' site? No one thinks Atlantis was off China, when the Ice Age melted only the mountains were left, forming Indonesia?

It talks of how it's impossible for Atlantis to exist in the Carribean, et al.

24) Q: Who are you, anyway?

A: I am a professional scientist with a Doctoral Degree, a graduate in Electronics Engineering, and a Professor of Nuclear Physics at the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. For over 27 years I have been studying the Occult, and particularly the problem of Atlantis. Much to my surprise - for I set out to refute such theories - I discovered that the Lost Continent indeed existed, and was in reality far more advanced than ever dreamed by anyone. If you want, you can peruse my Curriculum Vitae.

harmonicminor
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
they did just find some sort of ancient ruins off Indonesia didnt they???
the Bermuda Triangle is another possibility

Stoner Shadow Wolf
01-16-2006, 02:12 AM
i've always been fond of the island off of spain, just outside the mediterranian sea, in the atlantic ocean.

and according to Gordon Scallion, a proclaimed clairvoyant, the island of atlantis will rise out of the ocean, as well as other contenants flooding, europe disappearing, and other islands appearing in the pacific...