PDA

View Full Version : An easy way to monitor the temperature of your cabinet.

Zandor
07-19-2005, 11:54 PM
It starts with a Cable TV ground block. You cut off the mounted F-81 fitting with a hacksaw. Replace the small screw with a knob of the same size (10-32 on some)

Zandor
07-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Next you take 1/8" by 48" steel rod and bend the angle you need

Zandor
07-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Now you pick up a small hollow nylon that is just smaller then the 1/8? steel rod. Heat the end of the rod with a lighter. Push the steel rod into the nylon the heat will melt the nylon and make it hold on the end of the rod. Use a small screw to attach the outdoor probe of the temperature. You don??t want the temperature probe to be in contact with the steel rod that would give inaccurate readings.

Zandor
07-20-2005, 12:22 AM
You can move the probe up and down as needed to keep the temperature probe at the average height of the canopy.

The indoor/outdoor digital thermometer??s are about 10-15 bucks.

sheist
07-20-2005, 04:24 AM
i wonder how much you grow on average, to kno all this.. u must make a killing...

newgroweroldsmoker
07-20-2005, 11:35 AM
hmmmmm nice thing to have, i was thinking to get a wireless meteo-station for 40-50 bucks, this gadget reads min/max for humidity and temperature and comes in two pieces, one in the grow room and one wherever i am in the house.....i had a link somewhere but i lost it, there are many brands around though....

NGOS:)

Zandor
07-20-2005, 02:57 PM
hmmmmm nice thing to have, i was thinking to get a wireless meteo-station for 40-50 bucks, this gadget reads min/max for humidity and temperature and comes in two pieces, one in the grow room and one wherever i am in the house.....i had a link somewhere but i lost it, there are many brands around though....

When I built and started using my probe those were not available on the market. I picked up a few last year but to keep them in the same place they cast a shadow on top of the plants and blocked the light. That thing was huge!

When they come out with a small probe that would be killer and the way to go. What setup did you buy? I'm still looking for one with a small probe.

Shiest- - If I ever sold any I would make a lot of money but for me I supply a group of other medical users who can't grow on their own. Money does not change hands, it's a labor of love and friendship.

newgroweroldsmoker
07-20-2005, 09:28 PM
have a look what i'm talking about :

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20699&item=5988320114&rd=1

i know it's a foreign language but i'm sure you get the idea.....do you think it's any good to buy it?

Zandor
07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
You would need to mount it at the height of the canopy and be able to move it up and down for real time readings.

newgroweroldsmoker
07-20-2005, 11:49 PM
yes, i agree....i plan to mount it on one leg of the grow room next to the plants...would not be difficult to move it up and down....

Zandor
07-21-2005, 12:19 AM
great idea