PDA

View Full Version : New grower question

mack43
05-18-2004, 06:54 PM
I am a new grower and plan to germinate indoors to ultimately grow outdoors. I have a few questions:

1. Can one plant a seedling in Late June in Tennessee? What problems might I incur?

2. I have a good field location but am worried about bugs, rodents, etc. And making too many trips to the cite for proper care.

3. I plan 10 seeds...is that enough to have some positive gain? Or do I need more seeds? I dont need a robust harvest just something to nice enjoy.

And finally, do I need indoor lighting and how long do I wait to plant outdoors?

Any thoughts?

Mack

friendwithweed
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
well i can help answer some of your questions
2. where abouts is ur site is it safe? do u think ppl will come looking around there ?
if not then put up a little fence around ur plants and go to the garden store and get some insect repalent that won't harm your plants (if u have to ask say ur growing tomatoes)
3. depends on where u got these seeds if u bought them then they should be fine but if u've had them for a long time then some might not work and some might be male
and about ur lighting just put thm under some floros and let them grow to a good hieght of around maybe 10 inches....ionno tho i'm gunna put mine out by the end of the week and mine are 5 or so inches
can't help yea with ur area question cuz i live in canada

nubie420
05-22-2004, 02:52 AM
sounds like you'v never grown before...check it ten seeds could give you up to 8 female plants and depending on strian and seed quality and also depending on strian could grow anywear from 2ft to 25ft tall so you may have to tie the plants down or not depending on the pots genetics. however you do it, dig a big hole to plant it in and fill the hole with 70% black gold potting soil, 20%peat moss, 5% vermiculite...good luck :rolleyes:

high4twentydays
05-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Check it out man.

Start the seedling indoors. Make sure you have an oscillating fan in the box though. This will help her stem strengthen so she can withstand the breeze.

Also, put the light on a cycle of 18 hours on, 6 hours off. If you do her 24, she'll go into shock when you move her outdoors.

Make sure she's at least 6" tall when you put her outdoors too. Try to get 2-3 nodes going. It'll help in the longrun.

You can get a decent amount of females from 10 seeds.

Make sure you also fill the holes you dig with a good soil...none with ferts. It'll give your plant nute burn.

Good luck man, and PM me if you have any questions.

Peace.

ineedskillz
05-31-2004, 02:07 PM
[B]although i am new to indorr growing i have been doing out for a few years.Up here in northern ontairio the soil is realy sandy so i add some pro mix to it. i also use mothballs around the site. This might sound a little grose but human piss works real good to keep animal's away from your crop.don't piss directly on the plant's but around the perimeter of your grow.

05-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey whatsup? I have never grown weed before so i have a few questions i was wondering if you guys could answer? I live in Canada so it gets pretty cold here and after germination, people say to put the plants on a window to grow them bigger before putting them outside but i will get caught if i do that, so can i just put them right outside? Also when should i start furtalizing them and how much space should i give each plant?
I hope you can answer my questions, thanks a lot!

sawleaf
06-01-2004, 01:43 AM
BASIC GROW INFO!

http://www.buydutchseeds.com/growingguide.php