PDA

View Full Version : Soil

friendwithweed
05-18-2004, 03:34 AM
hello
i'm in a perdiciment(sp) at the end of this week i'm puttin my plants out door due to the fact of may 24.i went to my site to day to start diggin up the soiil and i have found that its mostly clay..
So my question is...
Will my plants grow in the clay?
Will the roots be able to push through the thick clay?

david420
05-18-2004, 04:51 AM
NO!! U NEED SOIL!!!!!.. cant u keep ur plants in pots with soil in them?

david420
05-18-2004, 04:51 AM
if u put ur plants in clay.. they'll die.. and u'll be sad.. lol how big r they?

friendwithweed
05-18-2004, 03:51 PM
i'm startin them off inside 2 of them are ruffly 3-4 inches high i plan to lay down some soil but i was just wondering if the roots will go through it after they go past the soil
and put them in pots? i wanna grow them full size by the end of the year won't the roots grow too big for a pot?

Dragonslayer4200
05-20-2004, 02:12 AM
it depends on how big the pot your planting them in if it would be like a bucket then the roots would be fine but in a small pot they eather wont grow big or will start to get root rot.

nubie420
05-22-2004, 01:42 AM
get a ten gallon drum you'll do fine in that, you roots will have more room than they actualy need. but all and all the answer is yes the clay will kill your plants, either dig a REALLY BIG hole or use a contianer, if the clay dosn't kill em it'l make your buds tase "dirty" i had the same clayish problem with a sativa plant i was raising near a riverbed and it lived but the bud literaly tasted like dirt and a plant from the same seedstock grown in my potting mix tasted great.the soil by the riverbed was a a light red clay (grandcanyon-ish) and all i did to the plant was fertilize it normaly and tied it to stakes when it got about 17ft tall...turned out all the riverbed weed was good for in the end was making hash oil!