PDA

View Full Version : growing tricks

masterkush300
05-16-2004, 11:57 PM
anyone has some tricks, to grow bigger plants, more buds, keep deer and slugs away...
i just got one of my nice sativa eaten by a slug, at the top, and now it doesn't grow anymore, should i try to take a cutting friom it?

Dragonslayer4200
05-20-2004, 02:02 AM
yea or i would try and see if it buds out if it isnt already man

nubie420
05-22-2004, 02:24 AM
heres some tips; get some black gold mix it with peat moss about 4parts black gold and 1part peat moss, put the mix in a container with good drainage (try putting gravel at the bottom of big containers) only one plant per container,, fertilize with some fish emulsion(itâ??s cheap) when your doin veggetive, then use 3 cups of hot water and mix in 4 tbsp of dry bat guano, put it all together and blend vugerouslyin a blender for about 3-5 minutes then quikly pour it into a contianer that can hold at least three gallons of water and fill the container up with water, close it up and set it aside intel your ready to bud, then shake up your guano tea real good and water your plant with it generously every four waterings up till two weeks before bud at wich point it sould get ONLY PURE WATER
you want to let the plant grow until you have hairs that start to get curl ON THE BOTTOM BUDS any earlier and you buds will taste premature and be harsh, the buds on the tops will start to curl before the ones on the bottom so be patient and let it grow as long as there are hairs that havent curled up yet.

high4twentydays
05-22-2004, 02:15 PM
The easiest way to keep dear away is to piss in a bottle and pour it around your plant (10-15 feet away). Another thing I tried that seemed to work was to cut shavings from a bar of dial soap (unscented). This tends to keep them away well also. Just make sure you don't put it too close to your plants as it will harm them. Good luck man.

Threedog
05-30-2004, 12:09 PM
You might try Slug and Snail Bait. Haven't tried it on pot plants, but works on killing the little bastards when they go for my strawberry plants. Just sprinkle it on the soil surrounding the plant.