PDA

View Full Version : new grower questions

Threedog
05-15-2004, 11:01 AM
The plant I started seems stunted in growth. At 4 weeks is only 1.5 inches tall. I have it in a 6" pot. I keep it under 4 48" fluoro's at night and move them outside in direct sunlight during the day.

I believe I didn't put the germinated seed deep enough in the soil when planting. I think I only planted 1/4" deep. The main stem from the soil is very thin and seems to have trouble supporting the plant.

I know I probably am not giving much info here, but any ideas you can give me will help. Thanks

Tech
05-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Strange , sounds like not enough light with a streching plant but if you have 4 4ft flouros that should be fine.
Yeh just prop it up till the stem is strong or mound a little soil up around the stem for a bit more support.

Disco....

bonbon
05-17-2004, 06:27 AM
a seedling is sensitive to sudden enviromental changes and shock(light,temp...)dwarfism is not reversable,you might have to start over,you can have a nice grow from start to harvest with the lighting you have,no need to move it around,just keep the light close and use a fan....bonbon