PDA

View Full Version : Root Boiling?

OR Freebird
07-13-2005, 11:00 PM
My friend has heard that if you pull the plant and cleann off the roots, then plunge the root ball into boiling water it forces "the juices" into the buds. Then hang to dry as usual.

Anyone ever hear of this. He's tried it and swears it makes the buds stickier, but I have my doubts.

MrLzyBones
07-14-2005, 04:32 AM
I think I have heard of someone doing with this with cold water with ice cubes to shock. Either way I'm not brave enough to find out....

NoosaHeads
07-14-2005, 04:59 AM
OR Freebird I have heard of it also and I think its a Myth.
I cant see how Once the trichs are ready that Boiling the roots will help.?.

Joel
07-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I think that it is possible but I wouldnt give it a try. Heating up the roots would cause a rush of nutrients towards the bud and the plant, but would definatly kill it i do believe. You wouldnt be able to revege I dont think.

rastabill89
07-14-2005, 08:53 AM
yea man your best bet would be to just forget about it now maybe if u had like 50 plants u could try it but i still wouldnt

snow owl
07-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Freebird, didnt you post a similiar thread about hanging plants with rootball attached like a month ago. There is no such thing as THC drainage or forced pressurization from roots to buds.

notanovice
07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Freebird, didnt you post a similiar thread about hanging plants with rootball attached like a month ago. There is no such thing as THC drainage or forced pressurization from roots to buds.

i agree 100%
it`s a myth
but hey, it`s just my opinion, or is it?

OR Freebird
07-15-2005, 12:16 AM
I know that -- my friend asked me to see what other people had heard about the boiling technique. I agree, nothing can be forced or drained ... not that he believes me, but now I've got your quotes in writing to show him.

I personally don't do anything with the roots (other than cut them off) unless I'm going to re-veg ... and even then I never see the roots. I hate roots. Beets are a root. So are turnips.

NoosaHeads
07-15-2005, 06:44 AM
that reminds me of an old Joke...

Whats the difference between an egg and a beetroot.?.

You can Beat and Egg.
But you Cant beat a Root....:D

anyhandle
07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah this stuff has been floating around for fucking years, ive been told that the its the stress that causes a rush in thc from the heat. Which sounds similar to pumping your plants with light and not watering them for a few days before harvest. I have known all very old schoolers that use to swear by the most hocus pocus fucking methods, like stabbing your plants with nails, driving copper nails into them, swearing at them and beating them until they were nearly dead, and waiting for regrowth. These people would be growing acres of the shit for generations. They always grew the filth, so i say who knows unless you try. and when growing inside who has that luxury? Somebody should run an experiment on something that has been fucked by pollination.

jadeius
07-21-2005, 04:05 PM
well, hot water and steam are not enough to dissolve cannabinoids to separate them from the buds, but the steam from the water could be hot enough to melt the cannabinoids down to a more liquidy consistency, and i imagine this would move them around in the buds and cause them to seem more sticky in places...i think it's probably just a way to get more water in the plant to break down the chlorophyll to make it taste less "green" and plant-like....but i'd soak the buds in cold ice water and dry them out with a fan before i'd get them hot enough to change the consistency of the cannabinoids

HARDDON
07-23-2005, 03:47 AM
swearing at them and beating them until they were nearly dead, and waiting for regrowth..

ROFLMAO

HARDDON
07-23-2005, 03:51 AM
OMG...

This ranks with the shoe post.

This has got to be the funniest shit I have ever read here.

My head is gonna explode from the lafter....

you guys kill me.,,, hahahhahahhaaa

shit another night another spell of belly splitting lafter......

it doesnt get much better than this gang.... :)