PDA

View Full Version : Female therories

Cannabecea III
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey guys

After 6 years of growing and many days of reserch i might have a theory here that might just be true (proven by the single plant i am groing right now and its a confirmation that it is a female).

This si the theory: The plant (i don't know how or what it the chemical formula) might liberate some kind of hormone in the air. This hormone will affect nearby plants telling them that: "Hey guys, im here". This hormone might be the trigger to the sex determination here.

So i tried to prove my theory but there is only one thing to check and it is if the sex is predermined in the DNA of the seed.

So i tried something: I grew one single plant in a shed. I have proper lighning (of course) and watering so nothing here is to be questioned (6 years of experience of growing...is it enought? anyway, we always learn something new even if we think we know everything). So I say to myself: "If the plant doesn't recieve any hormones it wil "think" that she might be alone in a certain area so she says: then ill try to be a receptor to recieve male pollen to increse my chances of pollenisation, because if i don'T "see" any plants nearby maybe there might be a male flowering out there and i might be able to recieve his pollen." So It might be a litle messy the way i exlained it but try to understand a bit.

Its a 50/50 theory: it might be wrong but it can also be true or partially true.

And my theory is getting a litle bit stronger with the time because it have been now 6 plants that i grew alone and they all turned female (the seeds are not 100% feminized and i know how to make the diffrence between a male and a female..also with the smoke :p )

So...what do you think? Is it plausible?

Peace

P.S: It might be complicated tought growing one plant at a time or isolating totally each plant from each other so the practical side of my theory gets a big zero for this and i know that.

P.P.s: This pic is old, i will get new ones shorlty. Its a Power plant.

SyKo
07-10-2005, 03:25 AM
so your saying you think a plant can choose its sex?

its genetics man ,thats like sayin a baby in a womb can turn out to be female given the right conditions.aint no way

you just got lucky with your plants turning female,n they got you so high you came
up with this theory lol

my theory is i talk to my plants n tell them thier gonna be female,that seems to work too lmao

Zandor
07-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Experts agree sex is determined at the RNA level. Yes there is a hormone given off but the hormone is only produced once the sex is determined.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but hey I hope you enjoyed the buzz anyway.

Cannabecea III
07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey

Thank you guys! ANd i as always say: its only a theory, anything can change in it or it can be busted into ruble.

Thank you for you replys :D

anyhandle
07-20-2005, 03:25 PM
i wouldnt write it off mate plenty of animals and plants can change sex. And i dont think people realise with the amount of variation in dope these days we are bound to get something unique. My theory is this i crush female birth control pills (pure female sex hormone) and leave them in the bag with the seeds befor i plant. i have never ever grown a male. i have to look at photos of males to remind myself what they look like while i go threw the paralysing wait of seeing tits or balls. but ive never grown a male with this method and that kind of smashes the predetermination theory in my opinion.

Zandor
07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
i wouldnt write it off mate plenty of animals and plants can change sex. And i dont think people realise with the amount of variation in dope these days we are bound to get something unique. My theory is this i crush female birth control pills (pure female sex hormone) and leave them in the bag with the seeds befor i plant. i have never ever grown a male. i have to look at photos of males to remind myself what they look like while i go threw the paralysing wait of seeing tits or balls. but ive never grown a male with this method and that kind of smashes the predetermination theory in my opinion.
What you are talking about doing does affect the seed at the RNA level.

My self I use sensa soak by plantastic. It's a little hard to get birth control pills for a dude. lol

newgroweroldsmoker
07-21-2005, 12:28 AM

My self I use sensa soak by plantastic. It's a little hard to get birth control pills for a dude. lol

i will try that thing....i am the happy owner of a box of such pills......i will try it on soil next to my hydro unit.....who knows, i might get more females in the end:)

jadeius
07-21-2005, 03:59 PM

well, birth control pills regulate estrogen and progesterone right? well they are human hormones, can they even be the same in plants? i mean, do female marijuana plants use estrogen and progesterone triggers to produce their ovaries and make seeds? i would think it would be a totally different hormone, independant of the reproduction processes known in humans...