PDA

View Full Version : Can combinding 2 herbs together be poisonous???

Randycigar
07-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I combinded Chamomile Flower, Hibiscus Flower, and nutmeg together??? Actully the to flowers was actully a tea that had them in it that's soposed to make you kinda sleep and relaxed.. but anyways.. yea, and there was about ½ tablespoon of nutmeg.. and I took'm all, do you think anything could go wrong.. or is it just another pannic attack???

Beeblebrox.420
07-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Any time you mix substances which have a pharmacological effect on the body, there exists some risk of complications and deleterious side effects. Seeing as the teas you mention have been sold and used for decades all over the world with no reports of bad effects or interactions that I'm aware of probably means you don't have much to worry about. On the other hand, the nutmeg when consumed in the quantities necessary for a psychotropic effect appears to have at least the potential of hepatoxicity - liver damage - over the long term. I don't think a single dose will have much of a damaging effect, but if you feel symptoms that worry you, you should at least seek some sort of qualified medical help. Every person reacts differently to different chemicals, and it is impossible to say with absolute certainty that some combination or other of substances is completely safe.

Deborah
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Maybe instead of doing it before you know you should look it up ...Google the information or get a book.

Randycigar
07-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey.. well thanks guys, but I'm on lunch and everything is fine.. just made me really woozy feeling and kinda tired.. like a tons but thanks again.. I think it was all just a pannic attack.. lol oh and last time when I was try'n to spell.. I forgot so that was somethin else it did to me.. bye