PDA

View Full Version : What are Canada's laws compared to the U.S. laws?

Budking
07-06-2005, 12:42 AM
What are the rules on Marijuana in Canada? Like for posession, selling, growing, etc?

Rob G.
07-14-2005, 02:04 AM
i joined this website to find out the same thing....what are the laws..??? :)

mrdevious
07-30-2005, 08:56 PM
*lives in B.C. Canada*

The laws are considerably more lenient here, but we still have lots of work to do! right now we're working on decriminalizing posession or small amounts and person use.

if you're caught smoking weed right now, and have less than an ounce, the cops will probably just ignore it, but if they're assholes they can give you a fine. you can be caught something like 8 times before facing jail time, which is usually a couple months. I'm not sure about multiple offenses after jail time though.

if you're caught growing and dealing, they'll raid your house and destroy everything just like America. you'll go to jail for about 18 months-3 years, if it's a big multi-million dollar operation you'd be looking at bigger time, like 8 years.

however, a criminal record only for posession generally won't bar you from employment (in a legal sense, the employer could always have a bias of course). even for being a cop, as long as you haven't smoked in the past 2 years you can be an officer.

Socially, it's not too bad, improving anyway. People often go down to the beach here in kelowna and smoke in public, nobody really cares, we just makes sure we don't do it near kids. Also, we have some great shops here like "mary janes hemp hollow" and "Wigwam smoke and rock shop" that sell pipes, bongs, incense, rolling papers, vaporizers, books on growing, and probably some stuff under the counter. They don't get shut down, it's all legal since you're allowed to have paraphanelia, though if a cop decided to be an asshole and take your pipe don't count on protesting and getting it back.

Takingsunday21
08-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Here in Ohio if you are caught with less than 100g the cops will either just take it and leave you alone or give you a ticket but no jail time unless you have over 200g. Which is a lot. In Alaska you're allowed to have less than 4oz as long as you keep it in your home, and you can grow up to 25 plants in your home as long as you're not within 500 yards (I think though it may be feet) of a school, and all of that is protected by Alaska right to privacy. Go to Norml.org and then go to the legal section and select Alaska from the drop down menu. You can red all about it there.

MetalLuvinHoney
08-08-2005, 06:22 AM
HAHA the law i have 4 cops livin on my block and me n my buddies free as we are walk down the street with a bong they r to busy where ever and were not the only ones on our block smokin there was a grow-op right across the street from us (they mooved to a bigger place) and everywhere we walk or drive chances r we will see some1 smokin up or sellin, but i supose it might be bad if we were caught with weed (HIGH chance we would have already smoked it) Smoke it up!!!! haha too baked