PDA

View Full Version : Allow moving of mis-posted thread

OR Freebird
07-04-2005, 07:07 PM
When you jump around the boards, sometimes I forget where I am when inspiration hits and I write up a post.

It would be nice to have added to the edit feature a drop down menu allowing you to change the board to which a message is posted. :confused:

GHoSToKeR
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Try using the User CP. When you post as much stupid bullshit as I do, the User CP helps you keep track. Also, try tweaking your personal preferences to suit your needs; it makes everything much easier when you have it set how you want. :)

Edit: I had a look in the FAQ for help using the User CP but as far as I can tell there aren't any.. Sorry.

Beeblebrox.420
07-04-2005, 07:14 PM
It's not possible to allow users to move threads under the current version of vB, without some modifications to the forum scripts - something which Ron is reluctant to do, however. In the meantime, discussions are underway to allow ordinary mods to move threads; Ron is the only one with that ability, at the moment.

In the meantime, it's not asking too much, IMO, to request that people try to be aware of what forum they are in when posting and to read any applicable sticky threads prior to posting. We understand that things happen, but we ask your cooperation to keep mis-posted threads to a minimum and make our jobs easier.