PDA

View Full Version : Willow Tree Water

frosty1
07-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Willow tree water is good for rooting clones (take some small branches off a willow tree, cut up and set in water for 24 hrs) and i was wondering if it could be frozen for later use and still work? :confused:

frosty1
07-04-2005, 12:02 AM
and another question: If you cut off the top half of the plant, can you clone it making it 2 different plants?

Zandor
07-04-2005, 03:27 PM
and another question: If you cut off the top half of the plant, can you clone it making it 2 different plants?
I have heard about willow water but I have no experience with it.

If you crop the top of the plant you will grow a clone, not a different plant.

anyhandle
07-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes you can clone it but if you are gowing to cut it its better to do it after about the 5th set of leaves up the stem, with two or three above it. As topping the plant will cause two heads to grow and if you do it to late you make your plant to top heavy and when they bud they will snap.

Zandor
07-21-2005, 12:03 AM
That's the idea for the buds to get big and heavy. The plant will not grow as tall and will instead grow outwards. I have that problem of the buds getting to big and fat. Yes it can and will break the steam off. That's why you use string and tie them to the roof. Or you use a tomato cage and support them that way. Or you use stakes to support them.

Anyway you look at it it's a good thing the buds get big and heavy.

If you grow them right the main stock is about 3-4" girth or larger anyway.

frosty1
07-21-2005, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=Zandor]I have that problem of the buds getting to big and fat.[QUOTE]

buds getting too big and fat? problem? i would think that to be a good thing. unless they get so big the plant cant support them anymore. and is there anything you dont know Zandor?