PDA

View Full Version : is it legal to be high??

Cartman
06-28-2005, 11:18 PM
hi all this is my first post ever, ya im a noob. ive been high twice and i love it, but anyways, my friend and i were talking and he said its illegal to possess marijuana and marijuana ?parifenalia? not sure how to spell that but like pipes bongs etc.. and we were wondering if so thatmeone out there might be able to answer our question if it is illegal to be high in america, colorado specifically
thanks

Gothen
06-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Yes. There is a law called under the influence of a controlled substance. If you're stoned, you're breaking the law. ^_^

BTW, welcome to the boards!

nomadherbman
06-29-2005, 05:13 AM
is it legal to be a retard...ha sorry i felt compelled to say that

brownbunk
07-04-2005, 10:55 AM
no man its not just to be high

DonnieDarko
07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
You can always be charged with disorderly conduct if you're rowdy. If your driving, you can get charged with impaired driving. If you're just high, I'm not sure how you can be arrested, but each state may be different.

OR Freebird
07-04-2005, 07:10 PM
It's 100% legal to be high (as long as you can maintain your social equilibrium). It's illegal to do or posses anything to induce that state.

andruejaysin
07-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Actually, it depends on where you live. Where I live it is illegal to be intoxicated in public (on anything) but unless you cause trouble it's very unlikely you'd be charged. Just a fine, anyway. Where you live, I don't have any idea anywhere else. Ask a local lawyer.

Nullific
07-23-2005, 05:22 AM
State laws probably vary. On Cops once there was this dude at a motel and he told the police that he had been up for 10 days on a cocaine binge, he didn't have any drugs or paraphenelia on him though so they just told him to leave.

Fattie
07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
they wouldnt have any way to arrest you, they would probably slap that on you if you got arrested for posession and they knew you were high. Even then.... very unlikely. Me and my friends go everywhere when we are high, because thats the best thing to do.

brrg744
07-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Its illiegal "under the influance of a controlled substance". They most likely wont do anything if ur just walking but if u get arrested with weed or ur in a car thats another story

SENSESFAIL
07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Cops cant say anything about someone with red eyes and all giggly, because for one, you dont have nothing on you, and two they dont want to waste there time on tests, its illegal to have it, but not to have it in your system.

Fattie
07-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Its very illegal to have it in your system, its very illegal to be under the influence, its very unlikely that they care :)

mrdevious
07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
lol, I hope you see the irony of taking the name "Cartman" on a marijuana message board. ;)

(cartman hates pot smoking hippies, and pot smokers in general)

vermillion
08-14-2005, 05:39 AM
well it is, but theres no way that they can prove it, they need to piss test u or sumthin, and they cant just be takin pple off the streets for suspected intoxication

Tholiak
09-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Ignore the morons on this board....being under the influence (stoned) outside of your house, you can be arrested for it. Under the influence of a controlled substance comes to mind..and if you were driving...mark up a DUI against you also. Just dont be retard and drive stoned..you put yourself at risk..and others.

endo..jay
09-06-2005, 05:08 AM
i was high as fuck when i was arrested the cop knew it and he only charged me with possesion

Gothen
09-08-2005, 12:42 AM
BTW, there is something called a field sobriety test that cops can do. They did it on me and my friends about a month or so ago. Basically, they just have you look up at the flashlight and have you follow it for a couple seconds. They'll check out your color, your dilation, etc etc.

SENSESFAIL
09-08-2005, 05:11 AM
but you could also be on a pill from a doc. and make you seem high. and if you get cought bein high then your stupid (no offense) just use eye drops and dont act retarted. remember its a enhancment plant.

ermitonto
09-08-2005, 06:25 AM
No, I do not believe you can be arrested just for being under the influence of a substance. For example, say you consumed some perfectly legal Dutch mushrooms at the airport in Amsterdam, and immediately got on a flight to the US. By the time you got here, you'd still be tripping and there would be nothing anybody could do about it.

sToNeDpEnGuIn420
09-09-2005, 05:32 AM
No, I do not believe you can be arrested just for being under the influence of a substance. For example, say you consumed some perfectly legal Dutch mushrooms at the airport in Amsterdam, and immediately got on a flight to the US. By the time you got here, you'd still be tripping and there would be nothing anybody could do about it.
Holy shit, tripping on an airplane would freak me the fuck out.

bobthemagicdragon12
09-10-2005, 04:51 AM
ok so that post was by me, it was a long time ago on a friends name while my one of my first times high, smoking anyways, but ya ive done a bit of research then and NORML.com lists all the laws in colorado and none of them include under the influence, i know ur all thinkin ya so its for every state, but it is listed i think in minnesota, so that makes me think they dont care, we do have like the lowest fine for posession and we r gettin close to legalization at least medically here in the springs, so ya i think that for here in CO they arent gonna care unless u get a cop who hasnt had his doughnut yet or is in a very pissy mood.

Dae Styles
09-27-2005, 03:43 AM
here in PA if they catch you w/ weed in your system there really isnt a damn thing they can do about it, unless the cops catch you in the act..

endo..jay
09-27-2005, 06:59 PM
ok so that post was by me, it was a long time ago on a friends name while my one of my first times high, smoking anyways, but ya ive done a bit of research then and NORML.com lists all the laws in colorado and none of them include under the influence, i know ur all thinkin ya so its for every state, but it is listed i think in minnesota, so that makes me think they dont care, we do have like the lowest fine for posession and we r gettin close to legalization at least medically here in the springs, so ya i think that for here in CO they arent gonna care unless u get a cop who hasnt had his doughnut yet or is in a very pissy mood.

the only way a cop can get you in any state is under the broad charge of disorderly person or maybe public intoxication both hard to get unless you act like a complete fuck-tard..if u so choose u can talk to a cop high the most he can do is search you

Gorilla Corey
10-01-2005, 05:09 PM
they (the man) now have quick saliva swap tests that they use for quick results. Then you get arrested.

KoRnStaR
10-05-2005, 03:25 AM
They can't do anything for your eyes being red.

As long as it's not on you, no big deal.

chonged
10-08-2005, 01:51 PM
in the US Supreme Court - State of New York v Some Junky 1968 (cant remember name..been long time since at law school), it was held unconstitutional to prosecute some1 who was addicted to drugs

Gothen
10-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah, so they're addicted to drugs. That's not breaking any laws. What IS breaking the law is buying those drugs, or possessing those drugs, or being under the influence of those drugs.

clembob101
10-13-2005, 09:13 PM
unless you live in sweden , there the cops can pick you off the street if they think your under the influence , give you a blood test and charge you with what ever they find.
now thats fucked up

hipEstoner
10-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Holy shit, tripping on an airplane would freak me the fuck out.
blablaebalac dochaie bendnsaoa

themuffinman6
10-14-2005, 05:15 AM
And if a pig walked up to me askin me all kinds of shit it would scare me straight. Had it happen.

KoRnStaR
10-17-2005, 12:19 PM
And if a pig walked up to me askin me all kinds of shit it would scare me straight. Had it happen.

What a wild transfer that is. Almost like a double take.