PDA

View Full Version : Damn, my husband...

IrieAllie
06-28-2005, 01:08 PM
You know, I got some great stuff...and my husband is a pretty straight-laced, responsible guy. By no means stuffy, but he's definitely the thinker and common-sense one in the marriage (what can I say...I'm a Gemini!!). So, when he smokes, it's hysterical. He starts trying to write these shit-ass songs, and rambles on and stuff--we have a blast. Now he won't smoke with me anymore--except on rare occasions. And he just gives me this "look" when I smoke--you know, that "shame on you" look...which is COMPLETELY magnified when I'm high. Problem is, I ENJOY smoking....I relax, forget about all the daily crap, and sleep like a baby. But he acts like I am just the biggest bitch for doing it around him--he says "It's no fun when you're stoned and I'm not..." So SMOKE, right? Hell no, he just guilts me out about it. I could just smoke when he's not around, but he's just so much fun when he smokes. There's nothing better than watching him loosen up and have a good time, so I have to wonder why the hell he won't do it. To me, it's a freaking PLANT that has these wonderful properties and makes you feel great. I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with it--if alcohol is legal--and it alters your personality (not always for the better, unlike weed), what's the harm? I need to get him loosened up here....any suggestions???? By the way, his company is implementing their drug-testing policy this fall, so his time is running out....

maryjanemama
06-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Oy, is he an Earth sign? Mine's a Capricorn and I'm a Sagittarius and we agree on NOTHING. Mr. Mary goes through phases like this, as well, right now he's on a non smoking kick. He feels that should apply to me, too.... I feel he should kiss my ass, toke, and relax (for once in his life!!).

Do you have any girlfriends you can smoke with instead? I'm happy to smoke by myself, but, that's just me. Mr. Mary never smokes and hangs out, he smokes and goes back to work or reads books about tractors. :rolleyes: Too bad you weren't still in PA, Irie, we could smoke up together, and leave the anal men to their own devices.

Lulu
06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh not both you too aswell :eek:

very Aquarius(air) married to an extreme Virgo(earth) I know exactly what
you're both talking about - unfortunately :(

It's the look....like he was speaking to an unruly, not too bright child that
drives me mental :rolleyes:

IrieAllie
06-28-2005, 02:25 PM
MJ,

We were just in PA over the weekend...we've decided that we need to move back! We've done the moving thing--5 states in 5 years--and I am DONE. Get me back to PA, and I'm not leaving! So, I am sure that answers the questions about having girlfriends to smoke with--we never live anywhere long enough to know people! All my friends that I've had since forever are pretty much still in PA. The ONLY one of them tha would smoke with me lives in Jersey :( Growing up, I always had more guy friends than girl friends--so I've got my "select" group of long-time friends, who I get to see a few times a year....bummer!

Mr. Allie is a Leo--so he's bossy, difficult, has to have control of everything. Still trying to figure out how in the hell we ended up together! I am a live in the moment, fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal--hate PLANS...just like to go with the flow. With all the really bad stuff that i used to do, he should be thrilled that I am quite happy smoking up on the deck, and laughing my ass off. (I LOVE to laugh so hard, I feel like I am going to pee my pants!!!! LOL).

So I guess you can relate to my dilemma--"If I don't want to do it, no one should...." I freaking HATE that attitude. I hate any kind of negative attitude....don't like people trying to bring me down, and that's what he's doing...bastard!!!!

IrieAllie
06-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh Lulu, you too???????? Yes, that LOOK. I hate that look. Every time he does it, I feel like a 5 year old that just got caught scribbling on the walls. Problem is, when I'm stoned, I just start in on him..."You need to lighten up, you freaking hillbilly." LOL He's a farm boy...so I always seem to bring up the hillbilly thing when he gives me attitude! Don't get me wrong, my goal is to buy a huge chunk of land, build my dream house, get a few horses, and live happy ever after....but the fact remains...I am married to a hillbilly. LOL

I mean, we've been together for 13 years....yet these attitude binges he goes on never cease to piss me off! What I need is to have my girls here--send Mr. Allie and the kids away, and just hang on the deck for a weekend, drinking margaritas and getting stoned. Just can't get any better!!!!

The Student
06-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Hello,

Don't let these confused men discourage any of you ganga goddesses!

My lady and I have been living together for 6 yrs now. In all that time she has taken one hit of herb.

She has never said one thing to me about my smoking, and in the last year growing.

Smoking is certainly not her gig, but she knows that I love it and that is that.

I am not sure about our signs or anything, I am a Leo and her birthday is the 18th of November.

Take care

Peace

Lulu
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Hello,

Don't let these confused men discourage any of you ganga goddesses!

My lady and I have been living together for 6 yrs now. In all that time she has taken one hit of herb.

She has never said one thing to me about my smoking, and in the last year growing.

Smoking is certainly not her gig, but she knows that I love it and that is that.

I am not sure about our signs or anything, I am a Leo and her birthday is the 18th of November.

Take care

Peace

http://www.starlightastrology.com/lovers.htm

Look it up ;)

Breukelen advocaat
06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
The sign I was born under? ROOM FOR RENT

IrieAllie
06-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, surprisingly we are VERY compatible....which is interesting, because I got him stoned just last night! LOL Made me just as happy as anything....but who knows when that'll happen again! Thanks for letting me vent, guys and dolls....

purpledrummer1
07-02-2005, 08:18 AM
You know, I got some great stuff...and my husband is a pretty straight-laced, responsible guy. By no means stuffy, but he's definitely the thinker and common-sense one in the marriage (what can I say...I'm a Gemini!!). So, when he smokes, it's hysterical. He starts trying to write these shit-ass songs, and rambles on and stuff--we have a blast. Now he won't smoke with me anymore--except on rare occasions. And he just gives me this "look" when I smoke--you know, that "shame on you" look...which is COMPLETELY magnified when I'm high. Problem is, I ENJOY smoking....I relax, forget about all the daily crap, and sleep like a baby. But he acts like I am just the biggest bitch for doing it around him--he says "It's no fun when you're stoned and I'm not..." So SMOKE, right? Hell no, he just guilts me out about it. I could just smoke when he's not around, but he's just so much fun when he smokes. There's nothing better than watching him loosen up and have a good time, so I have to wonder why the hell he won't do it. To me, it's a freaking PLANT that has these wonderful properties and makes you feel great. I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with it--if alcohol is legal--and it alters your personality (not always for the better, unlike weed), what's the harm? I need to get him loosened up here....any suggestions???? By the way, his company is implementing their drug-testing policy this fall, so his time is running out....
Have you expressed your feelings to him about this? Is he approachable?

Jeez, that guilt thing must be a total high killer. My husband smokes like a chimney. We have good times together when we're both blazin. My only little complaint is that he TALKS and talks. Annoying. But he can't help it. lol. dumbass.

IrieAllie
07-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, he's apprachable, I suppose. More like if I have something to say, I'll say it (and he'll let me!). I think his problem comes from the fact that he's going to have to quit (due to new drug testing policy at work)...whereas I have my own business (no worries for me!). So for me to sit and smoke when he can't (I think) is the problem for him (like "If I can't, then you can't").

maryjanemama
07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
IA , It guess it's undertsandable considering his job situation. I guess. :rolleyes: The way things are going these days we'll get piss tested before we can shop in the grocery store!! Maybe we should be happy that our hubbies have good jobs and are willing to work hard. I have a friend who's hub would rather sit on the couch than look for a job. He's not disabled or anything, either, he's LAZY.

When you move back to PA, Allie, we'll get together and smoke until we can't move!! Call a babysitter, Allie and Mary are gonna get wrecked. :D

IrieAllie
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
See, MJM, THAT'S what I'm talking about! Disabling ourselves for the cause :)

GHoSToKeR
07-11-2005, 10:12 PM
He feels that should apply to me, too.... I feel he should kiss my ass
Haha! This is why we love ya, MJM! :)

Ousted
07-13-2005, 01:48 AM
My honey gives me that look often, but only when he's not partaking. He doesn't like that I do it everyday. However he's more fond of alcohol so when he gets judgemental on me I always ask him how he feels the next morning after drinking, and remind him how great I feel after a night of fun. He always thinks he's got one over on me cuz drinking is LEGAL, but I have to remind him that one's a poison, and one's an herb, and you know that for sure the morning after. Whether its legal or not doesn't change that fact.

But I know if I had to quit smoking for whatever reason and my honey did it front of me knowing that I want to do it, but I CAN'T, I'd probably be pretty resentful of him for being so insensitive. So, maybe just be a little more understanding that he's not quitting because he's "above it", he's quitting for a good reason, and probably doesn't want that downplayed as unimportant or silly by his partner. I'm not saying to quit smoking, but maybe do it outside where factors like the smell and the visual aren't right in front of his nose mocking him, you know? He probably has to give the eye or show disapproval of some sort to be able to carry out his decision not to smoke more easily.

Anyway, best of luck! :)

IrieAllie
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Point taken :) Thing is, even if he COULD, he wouldn't smoke regularly. I mean, maybe once a weekend, if that. I like a few puffs daily...just to get my creative juices flowing....weekends, a bit more. He doesn't like getting the munchies (unlike ME--who is TOTALLY into Wonka Cakes right now! LOL), so he doesn't like to smoke that often, regardless. I don't see MJ as this "DRUG" that does "things" to you. Back in the day, I was a bit too into the white, and got totally screwed up on the stuff (early 20's, before marriage and kids). Stopped being "enjoyable and recreational", and became an obsession. Stopped cold turkey, haven't touched it in over 10 years. So, if I was sitting around daily doing LINES, yeah, that's overboard. MJ keeps me "level" (if that makes any sense), and just makes me feel GOOD and still in control(unlike many hard drugs). I mean, it's okay for people to go on Wellbutrin, Paxil, etc. but God forbid a few puffs of a completely natural herb be an "okay" thing to do. He was raised that pot was for losers, etc...even though he's had it, I still think that mentality creeps in on him now and again. Regardless, I'm not stopping. And also, I do go outside and don't do it in front of him. And YES, beer is the first thing he goes for when he gets home. Not that I care....I just find it amazing when people think alcohol is okay because it's legal...but bud will kill you (or whatever other ridiculous ideas about MJ people have floating around in their heads!). Okay...vent is done. Thanks :)

kb70
07-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Sheeit..Dr Funkenstien here..I am so down with the vitamin P ..I guess I am lucky Mrs Funkenstien chills with it too..

it ain't nuthin but a party..what's wrong with the big chill?

Beat's the hell out of anti dep...booze you name it.

So many diimensions and so easy to control your groovin depth..

I love it to kick up the creativity to another level..

ain't nothing like doin it in 3-d eitha!

Ousted
07-14-2005, 06:10 AM
Irie - Unfortunately a lot of people have a negative view of marijuana and smokers, usually equated with being dirty. But as the years go on people seem to be getting more and more informed that it's damn near harmless, and a waste of our tax dollars to continue on with the drug war, especially when it comes to something as silly as pot. Im guessing about 20 more years and marijuana might *possibly* be legally available, then everyone will be laughing in 50 years that bud was ever illegal or controversial. I hope, anyway...It's a nice thought, right? :p

DonnieDarko
07-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Irie - Unfortunately a lot of people have a negative view of marijuana and smokers, usually equated with being dirty. But as the years go on people seem to be getting more and more informed that it's damn near harmless, and a waste of our tax dollars to continue on with the drug war, especially when it comes to something as silly as pot. Im guessing about 20 more years and marijuana might *possibly* be legally available, then everyone will be laughing in 50 years that bud was ever illegal or controversial. I hope, anyway...It's a nice thought, right? :p

Not sure if I have 20 more years to wait :confused: I think that our ticket to decriminalization (at least in the US) is it's medical use. When grandmothers with cancer start getting access to MJ for treatment, and the benefits can be proven, we can start diminish the evil-ization of weed.

IrieAllie
07-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, let's see....I am 35 now...so yeah--I think I should be around in 20 years! You have to wonder, though, how similar our thinking is to those who were against prohibition. Look at whiskey during prohibition--I assume that pot has a similar angle, and maybe someday we will be lucky enough to be free with our weed!!!

"Whiskey was available by prescription from medical doctors. The labels clearly warned that it was strictly for medicinal purposes and any other uses were illegal, but even so doctors freely wrote prescriptions and druggists filled them without question, and the number of "patients" soared. Authorities never tried to restrict this practice, which was the way many people got their booze: Over a million gallons were consumed per year through freely given prescriptions."