PDA

View Full Version : Facing Marijuana Trial

hydro cannibal
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
:mad:

I got busted for 2 grams in February of this year by a Texas state trooper while driving home from a friends house. Were taking this case to trial by jury by my request cuz I really really dont want to face deferred adjudication and do probation and get a UA, im hoping that somehow we can get this case off or if i do get slammed i will only have to do a minimal amount of days in jail. unfortunatly my attourny said that the maximum could be up to six months if they wanted to hit me the hardest. But...i dont know, learning about these risks if i go to trial has made me kind of worried. Im non-violent, hard working individual, trying to make a living, and i dont believe I should have to serve jail time or do probation and pay them ass-loads of money. I mean, what is the deal with these laws today, the money-greedy dogs in our government and companies that keep pot illegal can all kiss my ass.

I live in austin, tx tho, which is kind of known to be a liberal city, and theres a lot of talk of pot active in politics and stuff like that, so, im not sure wether i should take my chances with a "jury of my peers" or suck it up, quit smoking for a year, and kiss their asses and do probation.

Sorry for the rants im just kind of pissed off at the moment.
*puff* im sorry for yellin ;)

hydro cannibal
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
has anybody else faced trial for a pot case?

mcozzy1
08-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Yeah, the laws do suck. It it were me, I do the probation and fines. Jail really sucks. Especially for a non-violent hard working dude. I'd rather kiss ass for a year than take it up the ass for 6 months.

bhallg2k
08-01-2005, 06:15 AM
At least it was two grams making it only a misdemeanor, not that it's any consolation. If my memory serves me correctly, with no prior felony convictions, Texas judges are required by law to hand out probation and order drug treatment. With a prior record, I think it's 180 days in jail and a fine. Those are fucked up mandatory minimums.

Best of luck to you though. Don't let the man get you down.

MeatRulz
08-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Cops suck

NOTEHOOK
08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
180 days in jail for weed? joke

Da1lungwonder
08-01-2005, 06:15 PM
If this were me in this situation:
I would prolly take a little stint in jail IF:
i didnt have a family
Wouldnt loose my job
was sure enuff in my fighting skills to defend myself if the time arose

I would do probation IF"
the opposite of #1 above
The opposite of #2 above
Didnt feel like fighting anyway...

Now this is if the 180day sentence was implied.. if its just a few days..10-15, maybe 30 then id do the jail time, have it over and done with, and could still smoke after the fact cuzz i wouldnt have to drop piss for probation...

Miss Green
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this nonsense I mean seriously for 2 fucking grams man that is totally shocking!Down here you wouldnt get that at all for starters if it's your first time they give you a warning and if your an offender they summons you straight away on the spot but not jail time bloody hell (and it depends on which state you live in and your age.) Well I just hope that your court case goes really well and that you don't go to jail.Good Luck with it all. :) :eek: