PDA

View Full Version : How do i become a rasta

livelearngrow
06-26-2005, 06:36 PM
can somone inform me the ways to become a rasta

naturalmystic
06-26-2005, 06:55 PM
...How do you become a christian? How do you become a jew? How do you become a hindi?

Fuck man, it's a religion. Read up on it. You obviously know how to use the internet.

livelearngrow
06-26-2005, 07:01 PM
If you didnt want to help then you didnt have to reply

greatgreen
06-26-2005, 08:09 PM
rastafari is more of a way of life and philosophy than a religion. you should read up on it. i mean what do 8u really know about it?

rastabill89
06-26-2005, 09:12 PM
yo livelearngrow whats your screen name i will talk to you about rastafari

naturalmystic
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
You want some help bro? Here ya go....

http://www.bobmarley.com/life/rastafari/.....everything you want to know..and more.

naturalmystic
06-26-2005, 09:28 PM
http://www.bobmarley.com/life/rastafari/

link screwed up!

livelearngrow
06-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Hey bill ill just Find you on chat one day and will talk

naturalmystic
06-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Yo bill, where in Hampshire are you from? I used to live in Exeter. Wierdest place i've ever been.

Euphoric
06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
hmm..

*Ganja (Marijuana) is considered the "wisdom weed" by Rastafarians, as its use helps one to gain wisdom. Rastafarians use it as a part of a religious rite and as a means of getting closer to their inner spiritual self, Jah (God) and Creation.

*Dreadlocks are a common characteristic among Rastaâ??s, symbolizing deep devotion to the Holy God. Another reason that Rastaâ??s wear dreadlocks is that locks are a semi-permanent symbol signifying their devotion to Jah(god). Dreadlocks take time to grow, and person can't just change their hairstyle without shaving all of their hair. Therefore, itâ??s a symbol of a commitment.

* One of the more obvious symbols of the Rastafarians are colors. These are red, gold, and green. These colors were taken from the Garvey movement. The color red stands for the Church Triumphant, which is the church of the Rastas. It also symbolizes the blood that martyrs have shed in the history of the Rastas. The yellow represents the wealth of the homeland. Green represents the beauty and vegetation of Ethiopia, the Promised Land. Sometimes Black is used to represent the color of Africans, to whom 98% of the Jamaicans are descended.

makor01
06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
wow

ashantiwa
06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Rasta or Rastafari originated as a Black Power movement within the Caribbean. The teachings of the Rastafari were constructed originally out of a desire for black people to seek upliftment and to reclaim our own sense of what is beautiful. It seeks to a restore the relationship between man and nature.The wearing of locks as spart of our religion is a symbol of acceptance of the natural. There are many people worldwide who adopt some kind of locked hair for spiritual reasons and locks or dreadlocks are also referred to by many names. Rastas have always and still do consider it our calling to expose the corruption of the colonial system that governed the Caribbean and to continue to speak out against injustice in every form. Bob Marley spread the message worldwide. Rasta is about black upliftment as opposed to black supremacy. We do not object to other races locking their hair, but for us it is a natural process which cannot be reversed by brushing. Locks wearing is a commitment. Growing your locks will be your first test in patience. We as Rastafari try to promote peace within our societies by overcoming psychological slavery i.e. all of the stereotypical ideas used to keep us fighting and killing each other. There is no one path to Rastafari and there are many denominations within the Rastafari just as how there are different denominations within christianity. There are Nyabinghi, Boboshanti, Twelve tribes of Israel. All are Rastafari, but the Nyabinghi are a priestly order who are strict vegetarians and are expected to be the most discliplined within the Rastafari. The Nyabinghi do not touch any form of 'flesh' and refer to it as 'deadah'.
There is plenty of knowledge so feel free to question me. Anything to do with the Caribbean or Rastafari

rastabill89
06-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Yo bill, where in Hampshire are you from? I used to live in Exeter. Wierdest place i've ever been.

Nashua NH its on the borderline of NH and Mass

VoodooChild
06-30-2005, 10:28 PM
girls becoming rastafarian , strange in the culture? i find the rasta religon to be so spiritually enlightening and so ......::sigh:: just how everyone should be. i have been workin on locks for a while i think the determination and patience to have them is beautiful

ashantiwa
07-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Girls becoming rasta is not strange. H.I.M Emperor Selassie I described African women as the foundation of the nation. He gave a speech in 1960 that gave 'nuff respect' to women and specifically African women. If you have the patience to grow your locks you are well on your way. The way of the true Rasta is a life based on promoting peace and forging links with the Creator . In the Caribbean, women have always been described as 'the backbone of the Nation and we tend to be very independent women. A true Rastman respects women and you will find him referring to his wife as his Queen. A true Rastaman upholds himself as a King among men and does not fall prey to lust (except to lust after his Queen).

ashantiwa
07-02-2005, 12:51 AM
can somone inform me the ways to become a rasta
You can go to www.Rastafari.org for information. You will meet Rastafari from all over the world. This seems to be a more up to date site with many questions answered. Hope it helps :)

mrdevious
07-02-2005, 02:27 AM
This world needs some Buddhastafarians :D

livelearngrow
07-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Thanks everyone

alhilali
03-03-2008, 07:58 PM
think about do your rilly beleive in jah , are you going to eat ital foods( basicaly a vegetarian) do you want dread locks or is all you wnat is an excuse to smoke weed? i can geuss wy you want to become a rastafarian, you dont realy beleive in it

Acouwaila
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
lol, buddhisms cooler man

only reason rastafarians made their religion is so they could justify smoking pot

psteve
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
only reason rastafarians made their religion is so they could justify smoking potYour beliefs are false.

stinkyattic
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
only reason rastafarians made their religion is so they could justify smoking potNice. Very nice. That's quite an ignorant statement... you should spend some time learning before you insult another culture.

SFGurrilla
03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
think about do your rilly beleive in jah , are you going to eat ital foods( basicaly a vegetarian) do you want dread locks or is all you wnat is an excuse to smoke weed? i can geuss wy you want to become a rastafarian, you dont realy beleive in it

You need to understand a persons reasoning before you negatively attack someones wishes. You have no idea what or how the other person thinks. Maybe you should read up on the philosophy and culture of the Rastafari.

Breukelen advocaat
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Their beliefs are just as crazy as any other religion. Most Rastafarians believe that their messiah, Ethiopian dictator Haile Selassie, is still alive. Selassie was born in 1892, and died in 1975. Selassie, a devout Christian, was opposed to the Rastafarian belief that he was a messiah.

Acouwaila
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Nice. Very nice. That's quite an ignorant statement... you should spend some time learning before you insult another culture.

sorry, Maybe I should read up on THEIR beliefs and ideas, and theories, and what THEIR God is like. Im sorry, but No one on this planet knows if smoking pot is right or wrong.

They pay respect to nature by smoking weed. They pay respect to nature with dreadlocks....Im sorry, burning a plant doesnt pay respect to nature. Its not like they are right. A faith is a faith. If they had a true faith in something, they wouldn't need to PAY respect to nature. They would realize they are of nature. Now, this movement is one of the closest to hitting home. But its still far away. I understand the pain and suffering they went through with slavery, and how they will rejoice and smoke weed and celebrate their new found freedom. But, no one is right in this world. Like I said, I know they didn't start it just to justify smoking pot. But I think by including pot into their religion, they've kinda crossed the line. Sorry, but life isnt about smoking pot, and no kind of pot smoking ritual will ever get anyone to understand anything as long as they are still LOOKING for something. All weed does is make you process everything you think slowly. Therefore when you think of religion, and truth, you think in depth. Thats possible WITHOUT pot too...Im sure you know this

Their religion, or movement has good intentions, and the fact its based on love for all living things, and peace, is very good. And its very helpful to the world. Its all happening though. There is no goal to reach, the time is now, and will always be now. Can they realize this? Do you think that rastafarians understand the beauty of a grain of sand, or understand that their thoughts and words are all just a part of the make up of the bigger picture? Sure, its great to celebrate and smoke da weed mon but is da mon on dee oder side of da earth ok?

I read that every rastafarian must find the truth for himself. thats the flaw in their religion. Nothing will be found thats not already here. Every person living on earth RIGHT NOW, has a false sense of reality....a fucking pair of funny goggles on their eyes constantly. Even me. Im a hypocrit. When Rastafarians discover buddhism, they will know the way. Its just that buddhism means the ultimate sacrafice. And who can live without smoking pot and chillin to reggae all day. Id love to chill on the water and enjoy life because I understand its all beautiful and everythings ALL GOOD. But wheres the compassion. This life is about SELF SACRAFICE. But before you can sacrafice yourself to help others, you've got to find the correct way. No ones got the correct way. No one. But when one decides to wear the robe and starts practicing zazen everyday, with the goal of no goal...the goal of peace. The goal of selflessness....and oh it sounds so depressing that the world isnt about YOU. Anyways, thats when the journey to reality starts.
Damn, im sorry, its just I dont think smoking pot really helps anything in any way what so ever. If you want to get rid of your problems, you find the root...theres always a root. Rastas use weed to do it, and say its respect to nature....if they truely think they are paying respect to natures gift by smoking weed, then where is the appreciation for the grain of sand? Why cant they pay respect by dropping a rock into a pond, or pay respect by helping others. See what I mean?

Acouwaila
03-06-2008, 04:11 PM
oh and i dont appreciate recieving a warning for a joke. Im not THAT stupid. Please dont assume so.

and If they can practice their false beliefs and religion freely, then even if I did mean that...why cant I practice MY false belief freely? Because it INSULTS someone? Fuck insults man....they mean nothing

Dont ever assume you are right about something, thats the biggest mistake any human could ever make

psteve
03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Why cant they pay respect by dropping a rock into a pond, or pay respect by helping others. See what I mean?Why can't you just respect others?
You are not god.
Grow up.

stinkyattic
03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm not going to argue with you. Please read the contents of the box right above the top of the threads shown on this page. Given your history, a warning was in order. I suggest you drop it.