PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME MY GANJA'S DYING!!

robinhood
05-04-2004, 02:58 PM
im a new boy to growing and i have a couple of plants (northern lights). im growing them indoors in soil, no lights and theyre a bit over a month old. one of them seems to have got some weird orangey-yellow spots on one of the leaves. anyone know what this might be? also what d'you reckon roughly the right age of a plant you should start flowering them?
thanx for the help!
Robin Hood

Razer
05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
It could be a rust colored mold. If you have hi humidity you are susceptible. Get air flowing, intake and exhaust if possible. Remove affected leaves from the room. Dipose of them, obviosly, just not in a garbage can left in the room.

Possibly Potassium deficiency. Older leaves would develop rust colored blotches. But other leaves' margins would turn rusty brown, dry, and curl upward. This is a killer to overall bud production. Fertlize with complete N-P-K complement for flowering.

robinhood
05-04-2004, 05:30 PM
thanx very much man! any help on the right time to flower the little beauties?

Razer
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Depends on several factors friend. They usually will grow 2-3x as large after flowering period commences. Depends also on your objective. My friend grows many plants that are 12 inches at harvest. Fat, fat, fat colas. I veg mine at 12" and end up at 32" at harvest. I am going to start going earlier though, because I like the compact results between his and mine. I will probably shoot for a happy medium though of 18" next round, so I will change light cycle at 6". If you are growing only a couple though, I would probably let them get bigger. Not to big though, light is exponentialy less efficient the further away it gets. That is why the buds at the bottom of a plant are less dense and small.