PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana

onwardthroughthefog
06-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Lots of folks ask if marijuana will help alleviate pain for them. You should know that it does indeed help relieve pain in about 25% of people who try it. It'll get anyone high, but the pain relief is just like with Vicodin, Oxycontin, Percocet, or any other drug. Certain people respond better to one drug over another.

The amount of pain relief is greatly affected by which body part is in pain. If you have foot or lower leg pain, you can get tremendous relieve from smoking or eating marijuana. It also can help with pain in other areas, but it seems to really affect pain sensors in the lower extremities.

I suffer from chronic pain, and have for over 20 years. The pain in my feet, ankles, and lower legs gets to the point where I am almost ready to give up on life sometimes. I have to take as many as a dozen Hydrocodone to get the same relief I get from just smoking half of a joint. Plus with smoking I don't have to end up drooling on myself unconscious on the floor to get the relief the way I do from taking enough prescribed opiate-based meds.

The other major benefit smoking marijuana gives you is that it relaxes your mind and takes your mind off of your pain or ailment. When you live with chronic pain 24 hours a day, to the point that you wake up moaning in pain, just a brief mental break is an incredible relief.

I guarantee you, any and every senator, congressman, or judge who suffered pain the way I and millions of other do, or if they had to watch their own child or spouse suffer in agony, they would go to the ends of the earth to find marijuana to help them deal with the pain. And that doesn't begin to mention all the people who need it to help with nausea caused by disease, chemotherapy, or eating disorders.

I try very hard to find good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt, but in the case of medical marijuana, it makes absolutely no sense in terms of health care to deprive people of it. It should not only be legal for states to allow doctors to prescribe it, the federal government should not allow states to refuse to let people use it.

I used to be one of those close-minded idiots who was opposed to anyone using marijuana as a medicine....until I became someone who got no relief at all from what my doctor could give me. And I tell you this and it's absolute truth......intense pain will make you do anything and everything to lessen it's grip on you.

OR Freebird
06-18-2005, 07:14 AM
This has nothing to do with your post, but like your name. I am still the proud owner of an original Power Hitter with that slogan emblazoned on the front label.

PS Am a Oregon Medical MJ user -- am on lots of meds that make me sick -- worse than what they're helping -- the smoke helps with the nausea and makes me want to eat -- something I don't do enough of.

chefguru
06-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah weed is g ood stuff. Don't be to worried if weed gets banned for medical reasons though, those THC pills should give you almost the exact same relief (some say that they are better ). You ever try them ?

onwardthroughthefog
06-19-2005, 04:50 AM
This has nothing to do with your post, but like your name. I am still the proud owner of an original Power Hitter with that slogan emblazoned on the front label.

PS Am a Oregon Medical MJ user -- am on lots of meds that make me sick -- worse than what they're helping -- the smoke helps with the nausea and makes me want to eat -- something I don't do enough of.

I'm really sorry to hear of your medical problems. All of us who suffer and find any relief at all from this plant can sympathize with you.

I had a power hitter that said the same thing once. Many, many years ago. Wow, I sure wish I had that baby today. It was about 1.5" in diameter, and about 12" long. One big hit from that you could scratch your name off the list for an hour or two for sure!!!

snow owl
06-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah weed is g ood stuff. Don't be to worried if weed gets banned for medical reasons though, those THC pills should give you almost the exact same relief (some say that they are better ). You ever try them ?

Contains SYNTHETIC THC (nature does it best) and THC is only one of 60 cannabinoids in maryJ, which can be beneficial depending on the ailment. Plus the recreation buzz sucks.