PDA

View Full Version : clipping

NODIE
06-16-2005, 12:02 AM
the other day my cousin came over and was telling me about clipping the bigger leaves off my plant and just leaving the buds that are growing. he said that now they are clipped the water would all be consentrated on the buds making my harvest alot more potent. :confused: its kinda late now to ask if this is true but i was just worried about the ladies.

SaH
06-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Maybe a few of the bottom yellow and brown leafs. But these leafs soak up that light...

Zandor
06-16-2005, 03:21 PM
NODIE: That's not true. The plant to regulate the internal temperature of the nutrient uptake will grow the large fan leaves. MJ will grow best with in narrow, given temperature range so if the grow room suffers from high temperatures for a period of time then you will get larger fan leaves to compensate. With cooler temperatures the fan leaves do not need to be as large and if you can keep the temperature swing within 5° (+/-) of 75°f over 24 hours and through the entire grow cycle you will have leaves that are all about the same size.

Fan leaves do serve a good purpose so leave them alone. Tuck them under but do not cut them, you could raise the internal temperature of the plant and send it into shock.