PDA

View Full Version : Best soil pestiside?????PLEASE ANSWER ME!!!!

J DOG 6000
06-15-2005, 03:53 PM
need to kill bugs(spidymites,white flys ect... that are in the soil.Also larva in the soil Too.Safest for cannabis but still
works well?been using bio neem oil(not enough)I even sprayed the soil with the neem oil.

SaH
06-15-2005, 05:38 PM
What is Diatomaceous Earth?
It is a non-toxic, safe substance made up from crushed fossils of freshwater organisms and marine life. Crushed to a fine powder and observed through a microscope, the particles resemble bits of broken glass. Deadly to any insect and completely harmless to animals, fish, fowl or food. Most insects have a waxy outer shell covering their bodies, INSECT STOP scratches through this shell causing the insect to dehydrate leading to eventual death.

Also some fly strips would help on the flying bugs....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=diatomaceous+earth&btnG=Search

harmonicminor
06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
yup diatomacious earth is the shit you need.

Joel
07-10-2005, 03:31 AM
always. works like a charm :D

yeskaa
07-14-2005, 02:25 AM
its also used in swimming pool pumps so check your stores pool section

MrLzyBones
07-14-2005, 04:30 AM
The only caution I would use with this is wearing a white throw-away dust mask. If you just say dump it in about a foot or two above the pot it could make throw off a dust cloud.

The particles resemble bits of broken glass.

So I would think a nice inhale of this crap would not be good.

HARDDON
07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Man just get some baby shampoo in a bottle and spray the shit outta the dirt around the plant.

Spray the lower branches and leaves.

Rough up the top two inches of soil, and spray.

Do this two or three times in a row and all bugs will be gone.

Remember a little insect activity is dirt natural and doesnt mean the end of the grow.

the happy chappie
07-22-2005, 08:51 PM
hello mate, if you can control it natrauly then thats gotta be best, depends what insects ay up against, but where there is a bug there will be a natraul preditor, i allway put lady birds on my plants, they seem to love any little bug that climbs up for a feast and they wont hurt your plant either, i also put the bigests spiders i can find in my green house, they dont like the plants becourse of there moisture content but they love to eat any flying things that come near them, dtms earth realy good, and so is baby shampoo, i often use washing up liquid to kill off greenfly on my roses,
peace ........... happy .............