PDA

View Full Version : Newbie,need advice

Omerta
04-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Im growing my own weed right now.
nothing special but maybe the crapy kind.
Well anyways im gonna grow two named Tom and Jerry
I put four seeds in one little plant pot so far.when it get's bigger im gonna transplant it.Well i just got dirt outside(which was bad idea)well i got soil now.
i put the seeds spread out.Well i thought if i put four seeds it will be a bigger thicker plant i guess i might be wrong.you guys are the brains of this stuff.
I got this halagon light it's two lights.size of a flashlight reproduces a little heat.Im going to grow it in this little closet

Also i have some question's
*how much bud can you get off of one plant?
*how long does it take the plant to grow?
*are those good enough lights
*how can i trust marijuana sites like right after i get the money out of my plants im planning to get White Widow.
*how many seeds do you plant 1 or 5?
*after the plant is harvest,and taking the bud off.Can you make money off the leaves of boiling them in water and getting all the THC?

Razer
04-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Welcome newbie. Although that adjective is redundant considering your inqueries. No offense meant. Please notice my tagline "Educate yourself...." You will find a book invaluable in your quest. I am about to give you solid, yet brief and general advice. But you won't be able to tell if it's any good. I see crap on the site posted daily. Many just have different experiences and objectives and many do give sound advice. But, if you don't invest time and a few bucks into a couple of books.... well, you get the point.

1) To many variables to come close to giving an estimate dry weight. Do you have greenthumbs? Are you gonna try to skimp on other things like you did with the light? Do you have enviroment control like air intake and exhaust? Temp. control? Humidity? It's endless. Buy a book, read it, do what it says!

2) Plants vary in length of time to mature. Generally (see I told you), Sativas take longer than Indicas. Most growers I know like a strain that flowers for 60 days. Vegitation can be from a couple weeks to 2-3 months depending on how tall you want the end result to be.

3) Halogens Suck! Cost way way to much per lumen and have wrong spectrum, not to mention the heat. Pratically wothless, as are incandescents.

4) Can you trust marijuana sites? Presumably to buy seeds. What's at risk? A few bucks. Try cheap seeds first to lower your risk, and when you have experience and some money and trust, buy better seeds. I have ordered from Emeryseeds.com and gotten my order every time.

5) 1 seed per container. How do you think 5 fir trees do planted close together. They need light and air flow to penetrate their canopy just like weed does. Over-crowding is detrimental.

6) Making money off weed is Illegal. But, if you are intent on it, the only leaves worth anything have visible crystal (trichromes) on them. The rest are crap. You can process the trichromes to make honey oil or hash. Although I doubt you could manage it on a scale to make it economically viable for your time and effort. All the same, hash tastes sweeeeeet and it or honey oil will bomb your skull.

Did I mention, buy a book. Peace newbie :cool:

Niftyfifty
05-01-2004, 12:59 AM
I'd like to say that was a beautiful response. I just want to add that I'm one of those who sees the people that could be considered one that skimps because of their impatience and stupidity and only end up with a whole bunch of failed attempts. I know alot of these people. I think I'm gonna go buy a book... is there one called "Grow Marijuana, As Cheap and Fast As I Can" ? (who wants that crap to smoke?) My question to you is : What books do you suggest? :confused: Others are welcome to share their responses to this question also. And maybe some proof lol. :D

Omerta
05-01-2004, 01:35 AM
well I changed my light system,also last year i was about to grow some just didnt have time and the money but now i do learned all about growing weed from this site.
Like training it to make it short and have more buds,how to get rid of the smell like using charcal or izonor,put reflecting source on the walls so the plant will get more light.lights like Halgon and black light suck Well i knew that but all my friends told my that they work im getting all these story's.But halgon is all i have but then i sold them for 40 bucks and gonna buy florecent lights.Then i was screw the clost too small,im gonna grow it my room.Instead of putting 4 seeds all together im gonna 8 plants and train them.make them small and have alot buds.Later on im gonna hydroponic's.THen is true that you can at least a ounce or more ounces on one plant if you grow right?I was gonna get a book,then i said nah why should i buy one when i get all my info from this bad ass site.

smokeydabear
05-01-2004, 05:08 AM
this web site is good but a book is better.
i ordered one today and I cant wait for it to get here.

smokeydabear
05-01-2004, 05:13 AM
it sounds like your not far behind me. im still a newbee and I be trying to grow for about two years, and I dont have time for trial & error anymore it sets you back you need facts.
good luck

smokeydabear
05-01-2004, 05:15 AM
but this is a kicka** website!!