PDA

View Full Version : Dormant mother?

lynsky
06-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't know if anyone could help me with this but I am interested in keeping one of my clones indoors to be a mother next spring. I have no idea of light cycle, pruning or watering needs. Anybody out there done it? Thanks for any input.

foggylondontown
08-22-2005, 04:56 AM
all you need to do is keep the plant in 24/0 lighting conditions. water regularly. you shouldnt have to prune it unless it gets too bushy.

twoguysupnorth
05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
just keep it in vegative state untill next yr, you wouldnt have to keep it on 24, 16 would be enough and might keep it a more manageable size if you werent going to be taking clones untill spring.

stinkyattic
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
If you want it to be truly dormant, 16 or 24 hours of light is fine, but the intensity of the light should be less than if you were trying ot grow or induce the plant to make cloneable shoots... do not overwater!!! This is the best way to kill a mother plant. The soil mix should be very very light and airy, lots of perlite, so she can dry out fairly well between waterings and not rot. And don't feed her too much... just a little every so often... VERY weak complete fert unless you are actually seeing deficiency signs.