PDA

View Full Version : What is scientology?

amsterdam
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
anyone know exactly? :confused:

Funken Monken
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Not exactly, other than it was started vy Elron hubbard, the well known sci-fi writer, and those that practice it have the common trate of being quite wealthy, and extremely secretive

XTC
06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
http://www.whatisscientology.org/

F L E S H
06-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Not exactly, other than it was started vy Elron hubbard, the well known sci-fi writer, and those that practice it have the common trate of being quite wealthy, and extremely secretive
Elron? New character in The Lord of the Rings?

It's L. Ron Hubbard :D

mrdevious
06-10-2005, 07:30 AM
from reading the above link, it sounds like they're trying to improve life in a means 1000 times inferior to the already tried and proven methods of buddhism. In fact, I'd have to say these guys dont' even KNOW about buddhism.

also, isn't scientology the one where you're supposed to depend of god for all your medical needs? James Hetfield (from Metallica) wrote a song called "the god that failed" because his mother died of cancer. she was a scientologist (I believe) and refused treatment, hence dying promptly.

Lulu
06-10-2005, 07:34 AM
"If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." L.Ron Hubbard
I think that about says it all :p

Torog
06-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Howdy amsterdam,

I followed XTC's link,and I didn't see any mention of God or His Son,Jesus Christ,on the front page,..therefore..it's a false path.

Have a good one...

amsterdam
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
as long as that makes them happy.

Funken Monken
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Elron? New character in The Lord of the Rings?

It's L. Ron Hubbard :D

Whoops! My bad......I even read a book of his once!

Euphoric
06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
I think that about says it all :p
hahaha very nice

Edgar
06-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Its a dangerous cult.
But yeah, lulu said it best.

ermitonto
08-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Yet another false religion. Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversy) is a pretty good summary of the controversy around Scientology from a neutral perspective.

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them." ā?? L. Ron Hubbard

F L E S H
08-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Howdy amsterdam,

I followed XTC's link,and I didn't see any mention of God or His Son,Jesus Christ,on the front page,..therefore..it's a false path.

Have a good one...
guess what... yours is false too!

Bazooka Tooth
08-24-2005, 08:20 AM
guess what... yours is false too!
Nice

naturalmystic
08-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Howdy amsterdam,

Have a good one...

Narrow-minded aren't we? Do us all a favor and take your head out of your ass.

Tholiak
08-24-2005, 08:28 PM
Scientology is a Cult..plane and Simple..they are WEIRD People! They believe that millions of years ago a Alien race burried their ded in the volcanos of Earth..and it is the job of every scientology person to free these souls....There is also tons of other weirdness in this cult.

lemonboy
08-24-2005, 08:30 PM
If Katie Holmes is a Scientologist it must be good!

naturalmystic
08-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Shes only scientogist because Tom Cruise is.

Twoshots
08-25-2005, 06:01 PM
Katie Holmes is actually a Catholic.
she stipulated to the Cruise boy that she still wants to practice that and not the Scientology crap.
give people money and they become more gullible....scientology,,My view anyway.

Nullific
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Torog you're a tool.

Speaking of which, fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.

SmokeyPotter
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM
...and Fuck all those gun toting hip ganster wannabes. :D

And I'd like to add that both Scientology and Christianity are false paths. Embrace the one true savior, Flying Spaghetti Monster:

Chuch of Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/)

ermitonto
08-25-2005, 09:47 PM
What's a chuch? And I will never give up my beloved deity, the Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves).

Nullific
08-26-2005, 03:26 AM
No, no you're all wrong, lost misguided souls following false paths. The true American god is Ronald McDonald. Anybody that believes otherwise has a brain disorder.
He's gotta be the real thing, all his temples are open 24 hours with your choice of fry and soft drink.

lemonboy
08-26-2005, 03:35 AM
I think the point is... Tom Cruise sucks.

Nullific
08-26-2005, 03:42 AM
That settles it then.

ermitonto
08-26-2005, 08:10 AM
I think the point is... Tom Cruise sucks.
I think we can all agree on that.

weirdo79
08-27-2005, 12:34 AM
omg ermi we belong to the same church!, The Invisible Pink Unicorn is my saviour too.

Bless all those at EvilBible. (and maynard of course as well ;) ).

Euphoric
12-08-2005, 03:42 PM
i went to the church of scientologys home page (http://www.scientology.org/en_US/religion/index.html)

it seems more spiritually advanced than a lot of other mainstream religons. I'd definately prefer a scientologist over a christian for this simple fact.
Unfortunately, it's not a perfect religon. Not one that I would choose for myself. Look at the web page and you'll be dismayed to see that their church is against all drug use. :mad:
If they can't understand the spiritual importance of drugs how can they be expected to understand the higher planes of existance?
Verdict: Scientology is 90% bullshit (compared to christianity's score of 99% bullshit)

beachguy in thongs
12-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey, Euphoric, as a Confirmed Roman Catholic, what score do you give me?

Not Roman Catholicism, beachguythongism.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
01-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Howdy amsterdam,

Have a good one...
Torog, how dare you.

How fucking dare you.

I'm sick of your "I'm right and you're wrong, thus I am holier than thou" attitude.

Step off your high horse, step off of Jesus's back, and

THINK FOR YOURSELF. Write your own interpretation of the bible, go verse by verse from the King James version, and write down your interpretation of every sentence.

Do that, post one of your favorite pages from your massive book, and then I'll respect you much more, and some more probably will.

By the way, ranting about Jesus this, Jesus that, doesn't count as your own interpretation.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
01-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey, Euphoric, as a Confirmed Roman Catholic, what score do you give me?

Not Roman Catholicism, beachguythongism.
I'm a Confirmed Roman Catholic on paper...

An agnostic spiritualist philosopher elsewhere.

Polymirize
01-10-2006, 04:24 AM
well at least you've got that one religion on paper in case you ever need to fall back on it huh?

eg420ne
01-10-2006, 05:07 AM
You all Should watch South Park for they know all ;) ......

amsterdam
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
So its a total load of shit. I thought so. Poor Katie Holmes.LOL.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
01-24-2006, 01:33 AM
well at least you've got that one religion on paper in case you ever need to fall back on it huh?
Maybe...
I'm a full member of the church, and I don't want to have anything to do with the big deal my family would put me through over it.

So I do it like my dad, he does everything Catholic, but you get him in a spiritual talk...he's definitely not Catholic :confused:

sm0k1t
01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Penguin I think that's a good thing since that might mean he is open minded..wich is a good thing.

more possibilities =)

pabloescobar209
01-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Howdy amsterdam,

Have a good one...
ha, my sig says it all

MoonStarer420
01-26-2006, 12:23 AM
So its a total load of shit. I thought so. Poor Katie Holmes.LOL.

At least she could make the choice to leave him. I feel even worse for the kid they're going to have. He/she is going to have one fucked up life, but that seems to be the norm for most children of celeberties.

mrdevious
01-26-2006, 03:15 AM
I've heard they have some rather wacky history. I vaguely remember, but something around the lines of human beings being put on earth by a spaceship that's an exact replica of 7-47 (or something like it), then blowing us all up with a hydrogen bomb, then (no explanation as to why there's people left) brainwashing the populace with a giant movie..... yeah, I just read it off wikipedia, though the article's changed now so I don't know what the deal is.

intheclouds
01-26-2006, 05:05 AM
THINK FOR YOURSELF. Write your own interpretation of the bible, go verse by verse from the King James version, and write down your interpretation of every sentence.

Do that, post one of your favorite pages from your massive book, and then I'll respect you much more, and some more probably will.

I aint Torog but Here's the one I like.........Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass for the cattle, and herb for the service of man".

Shit man sounds like a winner to me! ROFLMAO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rasta: :rasta: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

siSTARindigo
01-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Scientology has decided that vitamins cure chemical imbalances. Like Tom Cruise with his big opinion about post pardum depression and the fact that vitamins will cure this issue. It is quite obvious that he doesn't have a uterus and couldn't possibly know. Yet somehow mirraculously him, and Mr.Hubbard and whoever else who is also a man thinks this. It is interesting because scientifically, which sounds a lot like scientology, womens hormones change constantly BECAUSE of our uterus alone, which men don't have. PMS, Menopause, pregnacy, childbirth, menstral cycle. These are serious things going inside our body, YEAH they are going to affect ever inch of us. And men just need to accept that it is unknown territory for them and leave it at that. We can go to the moon, but we can't figure out the human brain. For all men, women feel everything you feel 10 fold. Happiness, sadness, every emotion 10 fold. And that is when all our hormones are straight. Anything can throw it off, all i mentioned above plus stress, medication, birth control can really do some crazy shit to womens systems even.

Your supposed to have a quiet birth in Scientology. Obviously Mr.Hubbard has never seen a delivery. Tom Cruise has only adopted. I delived a 10 1/2 lbs 23in child by induction naturally with no pain meds because it was a small hospital and the anethisiologist was "out". This was after being induce twice because my son was getting to big, and he wasn't eve due for another 2 weeks. I don't think there is a person in the world who could do that quietly. I think Tom is going to see a whole new side of Katie in the labor room. She might just tell him to get the fuck out.

Eva

Breukelen advocaat
01-30-2006, 12:42 PM
I think Tom is going to see a whole new side of Katie in the labor room. She might just tell him to get the fuck out. Eva

I wonder if the baby's biological father will be in the delivery room.

P.E.N.G.U.I.N.
02-20-2006, 02:58 AM
I aint Torog but Here's the one I like.........Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass for the cattle, and herb for the service of man".

Shit man sounds like a winner to me! ROFLMAO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rasta: :rasta: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That isn't your interpretation, that's straight out of the King James version.

soxsuk6432
02-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Howdy amsterdam,

Have a good one...
People like you are what makes people assume Christians are ignorant, arogant, assholes... Modern day Christianity is ridiculous. I went to my friends church and they tried telling me I should change my music taste to christian music, and that I shouldn't read books by non christian authors. And they got really mad at me when I told them that the bible they read today is most likely way different than the original bible.

soxsuk6432
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
dident that mormon guy pull a bible out of a hat, thats what south park said.
Are you talking about the episode that South Park made fun of Scientology in??

Staurm
05-14-2007, 10:47 AM

I used to think it was a cross between science and theology, whicih I am very passionately interested in. But apparently it's not. I was once accused of being a scientologist in a discussion on the internet, but wasn't quick enough to defend myself, niavely assuming that is was kind of related to my own views on science and spirituality. I found myself sustaining all manner of insults, and no-ne ever beleived me again that my own personal views had nothing all to do with Ron Hubbards.

I hear a great deal of what I would term "theophobia". Religions of all persuasions these days come under such a brutality of accusations, of brain washing, of being responsible for ALL wars. It seems to be perfectly acceptable to slag off someones faith, but not someones race, for example. It doesn't matter what anyone beleives in, whats impoortant is that it brings a sense of purpose to someone, so long as that purpose is for peaceful gains. Most often it is for this purpose and it really annoys when people bandy that argument around, that religion is the cause of all the problems in the world, yet at the same time ignorance, hatred, science and abuse of scientific power have nothing to do with it. I think religion is a very important part of society, and my own personal spiritual views come from (holistic) science, which is why I used to think I was a scientologist. Let's face it, there are nutters everywhere who attach themselves onto all sorts of things.

So I am going to watch John Sweeney's take on Scientology and its (alleged) allegations that pshychiatry was repsonsible for the holocaust on Panorama tonight (BBC1-UK), with an open mind.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Panorama (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/default.stm)

Check out this clip NOW on youtube of the reporter losing his temper!

YouTube - BBC reporter losing it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqR5NPhtLI)

Staurm
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Haven't watched it yet, coronation street was on. :D

They sure must be evil for John Sweeney to lose his rag like that, and for me to get a bad reputation as one without even being a part of the cult.

Delta9 UK
05-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Interesting show Panorama.

I was approached by a scientologist in Amsterdam last week. There is a big Scientology centre opposite the coffeeshop "Homegrown Fantasy"

Admittedly I was tripping balls on some rather good shrooms (Visit the Magic Mushroom Gallery in Spui - tip) at the time but still - I recognise a Scientologist when I see one:

Scientologist: Do you guys want a free stress test?
Me: Do I get my Thetan level right away?
Scientologist: erm, your what?
Me: I am ripped off my tits on shrooms though, will that ruin the test?
Scientologist: gone...
My Mate: Shit, that was a free stress test it would have been cool, you scared him off by being weird
Me: That was a scientologist
My Mate: What, like that Cat Stevens bloke?
Me: Oh for fucks sake....

I walked past a few times ovr a few days and the stress test guy dodged me every time :stoned:

Staurm
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
LOL so these guys don't worship and indeed might fear the mushroom god then?

delusionsofNORMALity
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
do they pay the proper respect to the great all-knowing tater.

Staurm
05-14-2007, 09:17 PM
The what? The tattie god?

darth stoner
05-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Who is Xenu? (http://www.xenu.net/archive/leaflet/xenuleaf.htm)

that's scientology, lol

peacetrain
05-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Old religious techniques wrapped up in fancy 20th century packaging. The only difference between a cult and a religion is time. I wonder what people thought of each major religion when it was first formed and not so widely accepted.

420ultimatesmokage
05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
scientology is a cult created by a science fiction writer who said and i quote "Iā??d like to start a religion. Thatā??s where the money is.". this group is a cult in every sense of the word. you have to pay to advance, they use brainwashing techniques, try to silence and blackmail those who oppose. don't take my word for it, look it up. they are batshit insane

orange floyd
05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Howdy amsterdam,

Have a good one...

close-minded statement of the day!

mrdevious
05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
close-minded statement of the day!

A very long ago day actually (about a year lol)

Purple Banana
05-17-2007, 02:13 AM
LOL...

Floyd, I haven't seen you on here in a while...

But yeah. I respect Torog's views and all, if he thinks it's the right path for him, great, but it's definately not for me.

I went to a Scientology "Centre," pretentious bullshit spelling, by the way- when people in the US want to seem more hip, artsy, exclusive, or cool, they use British spelling to make them seem more "creative" (nothing against Britons, I like the UK :thumbsup:) and it was complete bull... I went through the whole thing, and all I got was some stupid pencil.

Marijuana connoisseu
05-18-2007, 03:12 AM
I think Torong wins the argument hands down.

Staurm
05-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Who is Torong?

Torong's don't make a right you know! :)

(sorry I couldn't resist)

Orange Goblin
05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Here is all you need to know:
YTMND - Xenu Fights Back (Scientology) (http://xenufights2.ytmnd.com/)
Watch it. Seriously.

delusionsofNORMALity
05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
they are a cult.
look them up on wikipedia
they leech off their members, brainwash them, get them to give up their money, houses and lives
they tried to infiltrate the government....

why does this seem familiar? let's see; brainwashing, money grubbing, power hungry fanatics? anybody seen any of them christians around here lately? damn cults really piss me off.

C-MAC
05-18-2007, 07:22 PM
SCN frowns on narcotics and they run a very good drug rehab program which uses unorthodox mostly non-medical methods. Do a google for both pros and cons.

suhl
05-18-2007, 07:51 PM

:S2:

Delta9 UK
06-12-2007, 10:06 AM
SCN frowns on narcotics and they run a very good drug rehab program which uses unorthodox mostly non-medical methods. Do a google for both pros and cons.

The Nazis also did some great medical research too which I'm sure while some might think of it as "unorthadox" it was also useful for the benefit of humanity... I'm sure you get my point.

Please don't tell me someone from ^SCN^ actually registered to post this.

Thankfully they are a dying breed, the more truth is spread about these criminals the better - hopefully it will just collapse into a big pile of its own bullshit. They inflate their own numbers and attempt to gain power through manipulating people already in power and through threats and their extended network. The organisation is utterly fooked from the inside out.

Hubbard died ripped off his tits on Pharm drugs - some double standard eh?

Batshit insane indeed.....

Delta9 UK
06-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Read all you want :: alt.religion.scientology Webpage Summary (http://www.altreligionscientology.org/#exscn)

Delta9 UK
06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh and "That South Park Episode"

Get it here: http://www.hedning.no/humor/southpark/southpark_S09E12.avi (Right Click - Save Link As...)

It is 175mb though!