NowhereMan
04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
there may well be a god and devil fighting for my soul
but what i dont get is
if it is mine
why do they get it when i die,
why cant i keep it
why must i go to heaven or hell for acts ive done as a man
when im no longer a man but a ...spirit/energy?
givin' i dont think much of it these days but i have in the past.

to those that believe NOthing could be more Real
To those that dont Nothing can seem more False

to those in the middle.Nothing can make any sense

thats my state of mind on religion
they all the same.
it is just a state of mind

Razer
04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
It depends on which construct you subscribe too. From a biblical point of view, you are not your own.

In context speaking of believers;
1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. NAS ver.

As a matter of perspective, you owe your very next breathe to Him. Everything belongs to Him. I am reminded painfully often that the great majority here do not see the world from this point of view. Nevertheless, it is the reality that Scripture portrays.

As to the spirit/energy take on things, the Christian's very hope is that they will personally be resurected as Christ was.

1 Corinthians 15:16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. NAS ver.

Can field inqueries from this perspective. I think I will just pass on the personal attacks this time though. :cool:

NowhereMan
04-27-2004, 04:43 AM
i aint got nothing agianst them
,,,,some my family are in fact bible-istic-people
just saying i dont know what is Real,and whats wishes,and i have questions about it
i guess we all have questions but some are 'Profound ' i think the right word
peace

Razer
04-27-2004, 01:06 PM
What a coincidence. Many in my family are not believers. We must be living in anti-parallel worlds.

No problem not knowing though, there is still much I don't understand. But I like a maxim I heard once about Scripture. The main things are the plain things. In other words, the Bible is not such a mystery. It is understandable. It is God's personal revelation to us. He says He will help you understand it when you sincerely seek Him (in particular, as opposed to any general supposed deity.) But Scripture nails the point on the head when it says that it is a matter of the heart only that keeps us from Him. :cool:

Adlan
04-27-2004, 07:09 PM
God can only be reached through your self,people can help you, the torah can help you, but ultimatly only u can help u.

joker121
04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
u said it Adlan, spirituality is up to the individual.

NowhereMan
04-28-2004, 03:30 PM
ok.
i like all views
but still it ones STATE OF MIND

i mean a blind man see;s
just not with his eyes
peace

Razer
04-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Disclaimer - All views expressed under Razer are his soul beliefs (pun intended). No other person is responsble for views displayed in my posts.

Truly, truly, truly I say unto you, people are responsible for their own opinions. Nobody made you the way you are. It is because of choices.

Amen Nowhereman :cool:

smokey
05-04-2004, 11:11 PM
i believe in wat i can see hear n touch i jus cant get my head round the fact there is sum superior being out there tht created everything it just dont sit right with me. the big bang theory seems much more reasonable to believe

weedfean
05-07-2004, 02:07 AM
there is no god or devil its all bull shit

Wheemer
05-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Do you think we came from chimps? How do you explain the force that holds together the world?

HvyFuel
05-08-2004, 02:41 PM
How do you explain the force that holds together the world?

Gravity.

wenchloveshemp
05-08-2004, 08:31 PM
"religion is the opiate of the masses" -Karl Marx

Razer
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Evolution is a wholly discredited Theory. Not even Darwin himself would subscribe to it if he were aware of todays technology in microbiology. He never had a clue of the processes that govern living organisms' vary construction let alone the immensely complex functions of our own body's organs. It is evident that most who support evolution have never even read Darwin's book 'The Origin of Species.' A much more cogent explanation for what modern sciences are uncovering is the argument for Intelligent Design. If any are interested, I would be glad to post links. Darwinistic Evolution is the clear fairy tale. If you can lower your guard long enough to consider both sides, you will see that your brain would be more comfortable with the evidence for a creator. Evolution is bankrupt. :cool:

PS any sound arguments in support of Darwin or can I expect the usual mindless lashing out?

weedfean
05-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Do you think we came from chimps? How do you explain the force that holds together the world?
i think we did come from chimps

Wheemer
05-10-2004, 04:55 AM
However, I like to think that we all have a supernatural connection with god at all times. And through the way we live our lives in accordance with the commandments, we will be rewarded with eternal life. What promises does evolution make for us? Maybe we may evolve into a planet that never accepts the promises god made us. And eventually consumes itself at some point it time?

If everyone were to read or research this a little more you would understand that if we would abide by the simple rules as a mass culture, you would start seeing god's rewards. However no one know if that will ever happen. So unfortunately we are victim to a future that is unknown, instead of living well and proper unto Jesus' name.

Just my opinion of course...

Razer
05-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Wheemer; you don't by chance smoke marijuana do you? I mean presumably so right? This is a pot site, right?

Either way, If you believe that salvation comes "by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone" then we are brothers in the service of the same Master.

Of course, if you don't share that perspective, or if any don't for that matter, then...

Good Luck with that! :cool:

Wheemer
05-10-2004, 08:58 AM
The one thing I have had a hard time doing is believe something without using more than one sense... So, for this fact what I do whole heartedly believe is that Jesus' way of teaching and conducting life is the ultimate role model for society.

I'm not one of those who can quote versus from the bible. I am one that strongly believes in mental peace... also referred to as your Christ consciousness, I believe. Once you obtain a handle on keeping your thoughts clear you can always see the right path for your life... It's always when people worry too much or have past mental anguish that interferes with your connection with god. Marijuana has helped me adapt my thinking to a point... I often meditate while smoking...

So I'm not sure if we are still on the same track or not...

HvyFuel
05-10-2004, 10:27 AM
I agree with every word Jesus is meant to have said, it boils down to 'treat others as you would have them treat you'. I don't need a god to do that.

NowhereMan
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
I agree with every word Jesus is meant to have said, it boils down to 'treat others as you would have them treat you'. I don't need a god to do that.

btw way
that was funny,,,,,,,,,gravity
peace

Wheemer
05-11-2004, 12:11 AM
It isn't acceptable to minimize his teachings in that way... If that is how you live your life, by those few words, then that's your prerogative. However the most important thing that you must do, if you say you are following Jesus, is to love him (god) with all your heart. When you develop this love relationship with god it becomes easier to follow his path. In every action and circumstance you can be assured that if you love god before anything, god's grace will follow you.

The duality of the human thought process is false. The ego, or the "I" that people refer to is a mental concept with no basis. The only way to follow Jesus is to suppress duality and the ego.

HvyFuel
05-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm not trying to offend anyone but if Jesus existed his words were written by others many years after his death. His exact words are lost forever so the intent behind the words are all that truly remains.
If your faith gives you strength and peace, more power to it. My only concern is that many religious people feel that those who do not share their beliefs are wrong rather than just different. I have the greatest respect for your gods but I don't want or need one thanks.

btw, thanks NowhereMan, I try ;)

Razer
05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Try to put all your biases aside for a moment and ponder this question seriously for a moment. "What if there really is a God?" One that not only can be known about, but that actually wants to have a relationship with you. The point for me isn't what you believe about Jesus or even what I believe about Him, but that if scripture can be relied upon then He is a reality. The Bible is a record on which we could accept or reject His testimony to us. If you reject it out of hand (for no good reason, including the quipy ones) then the barrier is manmade isn't it. I would conceed that no person or church has a completely accurate understanding. Nonetheless, the Bible gives a reliable an testable account about God (and He is the one making the claims, not me). It is a work that is demonstrably divine rather than human in origin. The mountains of evidences for the reliability of the Bible are often not even seriously inquired into before pronounced false, and that usually for dubious reasons at best. The problem with the human condition, as outlined in Scripture, is not that the only true God can't be found among the myriad of religions nor that He has been proved a myth, but that people's hearts are progressively hardened toward Him. There are sound answers of logic and reason to satisfy the most hardened critics' questions, but alas, it is to no avail if their heart won't receive it. Are you one who does not want to be confused by the facts? If so, good luck with that. If you are sincerely seeking, He will find you. And if you care what I believe, then I will be happy to share my faith with you and the reasons for it. :cool:

HvyFuel
05-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Biases and beliefs could be said to be the same things. I am a human adult therefore I have biases, we all do whether we choose to acknowledge them or not. How would you feel if someone produced a book now that they said had been written under dictation from God, all other books were wrong, and this new book was the only book you should believe in?
I may be wrong but I think the general reaction would be to think they were either blaspemous, lying to gain money or power, or just plain mad.
As I have said already, I have every respect for your faith but I feel you are "one who does not want to be confused by the facts".
When I was younger I actively sought god, now I actively seek scientific, provable fact. Although there are passages in the bible (and the koran, and the torah) that can be compared to physical events in the earth's history the reported words of gods and prophets will always be heresay evidence.
Mankind, in the most part, has always needed other worldly forces to lean on in times of struggle. (The crutch of the masses - Karl Marx) Unfortunately faith led to the crusades, the inquisition, innocent people being burned as witches, kamakazi pilots, suicide bombers, football stadiums being used for mass executions, 9.11, and today a western civilian being beheaded on video 'in the name of god'. If you could stop for one second and admit that your faith isn't the only one maybe we could learn to talk instead of trying to kill each other.
Did you know that the only difference between the DNA of a chimp and that of a human is the tiny part of the strand that allows speech. We are just a talking animal. In the time scale of the planet we aren't even a blink. So what makes humans believe if a god existed he, or she, would devote themselves to caring for such a selfish, murderous, destructive animal? If a loving, caring god created man why make it the only animal on earth that murders for fun?
I'm not expecting you to answer these questions I'm just showing you religion from my side.

Peace, and may your god be with you.

Razer
05-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Likewise HvyFuel, peace to you as well.

The deal though on the science vs religion is a false dichotomy. Why does all religion have to be false for science to be true? And what do you mean by science? If you are refering to 'empirical science' which is the form which is evidential, then of course you are restricted to that which you can observe or repeat without fail under identical conditions. Since you can neither observe nor reproduce this ancient so called history, it is not science but theory. An important distinction. Therefore your claim based on 'in the time scale of our planet' really is just a presumption not proved by evidence but is the theory itself. It is a form

"It looks old, therefore its obviously old" is hardly scientific reasoning. Carbon dating is hardly an exact science either. Conjecture at best. Even the so called scientific community does not hold hard and fast to these ideas as a whole. They are ever ready to jetison the old when it is discredited by new discoveries. The problem in the case of evolution though is that if you conceed that the evidence does not support random chance formation of life, then you must make way for a supernatural explanation like a creator. This would be the "cardinal sin" to 'psuedo-'science beleivers. But many are not even willing to consider this possibility due to the baggage they bring to the table, so they reject it under the guise of science. God is atleast one of the posibilities, but if you exlude one of the possibilities from your observations, then it can hardly be called science, now can it.

You may have studied when you were youger, but its never to late to consider new information that you haven't been privy to before now. Have you really studied so much that you can exlude creation or have you just not heard convincing arguments that set right with you intellectualy. I believe there are scientific explanations to your questions. Don't through the baby out with the bath water either. The tragic misdeeds done in the name of faiths is also no proof, but rather passionate emotions expressed about the misdeeds of humans. Their are just as many examples of barbarism by atheists, humanists, and the like. (Karl Marx' philosophies were embraced by a tyrant who murdered millions of his own countrymen.) There are endless stones that could be hurled at both sides, but the bottom line is that being human is the common demoninator in them all. It just goes to show the level of mankinds depravity in general.

I will conceed the fact that Christianity is exclusive. Jesus does claim to be the only way. But the fact that their are other mutually exclusive faiths does not mean that none can be true. All I have heard you say so far as evidence against the Bible, is that it can't be relied upon or must be believed with blind faith. Neither assertion is accurate. Evidence for the reliability of the Bible is ample and easily found and understood for those who don't just dismiss it out of hand. There are many Scientist who believe in Creation. Several are leaders in their fields and faculty of Some of the USA's most prestigious Universities.

So we could banter back and forth if you like, but I would prefer you offer your evidence or inquire about an area of faith that your are interested in having addressed. The answers are available for those who want to know. :cool:

HvyFuel
05-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Yes, my science is the type you don't like where things must be physically proven. Preferably by scientists who aren't employed by the church, or even the faculty of church funded universities.

I have never said I deny the possibility of god, you however can not argue from an open view point because you cannot admit the possibility of no god. Admitting that god may not exist would be a direct threat to your faith therefore Darwin must be wrong, carbon dating must not work, and the church must employ scientists. For every scientist you can name that believes in 'the creation' I'll name fifty that don't.

But, on to a slightly different point. As a christian, and I'm going to generalise wildly, Why do Christians quote the Old Testament? If you accept Jesus as the Christ aren't his teachings more important? 'An eye for an eye' and 'turn the other cheek' don't sit well together.

I ask this because as a man of science I can happily accept the teachings of Jesus and if christians weren't still half jewish I might even accept christianity.

NowhereMan
05-23-2004, 12:21 PM
i respect some aspects of sunday.
and i do not have rituarals 'like get up and be at a location' (church) at a given time to meet with other like minded people( christians,catholics ect.. ect..)unless you count get up and roll me one and sit here alone and think about the day ahead and the day behinds undone things,that my pray time.
i replect on things and make amends to what i percieve is right or wrong,
if ive done regretable things,then it dawns on me right away without much effort i need no group of singlers in robes to enlighted me i can crank out some tunes and do that fine here,
so my church is in my head for all practical purposes,(state of mind)

im not a quote 'educated man", (college) in any field have no degrees,
i have my almighty HIGH SCHOOL Diploma that made my Sunday School teacher mommy very proud to have her baby get and put in a drawer for 20+ years after.
It did get me into the US Army two months out of high school in 1983,(political footnote Reagan,,,,,,,unemployment was worst than 1933 depression) Beriut Bombings happening when im in Boot camp >>>I was hunting Kadafi's komenies and arrofats was the mind set they put out in training,my dog tags siad /say NO REL PREF (no religoius preference)

im glad that we can discuss this religion thing with out conflicting views making us all cry out obscene things to others to knee jerk words out i call it.

i really have a interest in other religious discussions,about rituals mainly but its such a touchy subject ya know
so i guess
we have sunday school here of a sorts,
would that be a religious event ,
we ponder the acts of man and Other world being(s),=religion
i would like to ask about what and why certian things are done but would seem I would be asking from a piont of view that could offend who i ask,
which i do not want to do
well i close my (preaching hhehehe)you could call it,and say

all views are welcome but lets all be civil about things and remember that we are brought up in our enviroments with influencing factors that change in every instant.
thanks and have a good sunday
peace

WeeeeeBong
06-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I gotta throw in my 2 grams here.I don't think anyone has any evidence of any religion being true or not.Likewise we have no evidence to disprove most religions truth or reality.I think that is why religion is based on faith.To believe in something greater than ones own self.I think a good litmus test of any religion is to see if it meets the criteria of the golden rule and if it does,for me, that is enough.
Religion was invented by man.I'm not sure but I think even the christ looked down upon organized religion.
I myself am a very spiritual person but hardly religious.I think 99.9 % of the worlds woes are caused by religion.Thats not un-natural if one believes that religion is a man made concept.
I'm with Gandhi when he says that taking of life in any way is simply wrong.
Yet many christians believe themselves to be devout in their worship and belief think the death penalty is ok and yet oppose abortion.
I think the 1st commandment is: Thou shalt not kill. I have not seen the articles or amendments to that commandment that says in effect....except when..
Most people on this planet could never turn the other cheek or give up their lives rather than to kill in self defense.And yet I believe it is better to die than to kill for any reason.Could I actually do it if that presented itself to me?
Probably not.Reason and thought would fly out the window in the face of animal survival but it does not change the idea of what is right and what is wrong.
Gandhi was once asked why he rejected the christ.He answered that it was not the christ that he rejected and that, in fact, he loved the christ.It was just that so many christians are so unlike their christ.
I believe that if everyone just lived by the golden rule we'd all have every good religion covered well.
So I don't live religiously but try my best to be a spiritual being in that I do believe there is an infinite wisom and intelligence far greater than myself.

HvyFuel
06-16-2004, 09:37 PM
NWM, I have no idea why I haven't seen your post until now, but I'd love a truly open religious discussion with anyone who wants to join in.

WBong - People of all religions and no religion kill. Ghandi's words, IMHO, are comparable to those of Jesus on all subjects I can bring to mind. If you wish to prove that religion should exist these men do it without the need for miracles. Humans need religion so they should have it. Unfortunately humans need more than one religion which causes disagreement. I have great faith, in humans. Either we'll learn to live together or we'll blow the world up. And I don't believe anyone willing to do that would ever be given the capability of doing it. (Bush, yes, I know, but he's on a lead)
Therefore, in our great, great, great, great, grandchildren's days, I pray to the great God Kaneh-Bosem, we might be a tiny step closer to not caring what religion people are.

peace :)

NowhereMan
06-17-2004, 04:30 PM
:eek:
man
did i do all that.
kidding
i do think think i know how i feel anyway,most people think they do too
are we right or wrong to believe or not .
tune in at the end and we all shall see
i reckon.

wait its thursday,,,, :rolleyes: lets smoke up and think more on it for a few days
peace

NWM, I have no idea why I haven't seen your post until now, but I'd love a truly open religious discussion with anyone who wants to join in.

WBong - People of all religions and no religion kill. Ghandi's words, IMHO, are comparable to those of Jesus on all subjects I can bring to mind. If you wish to prove that religion should exist these men do it without the need for miracles. Humans need religion so they should have it. Unfortunately humans need more than one religion which causes disagreement. I have great faith, in humans. Either we'll learn to live together or we'll blow the world up. And I don't believe anyone willing to do that would ever be given the capability of doing it. (Bush, yes, I know, but he's on a lead)
Therefore, in our great, great, great, great, grandchildren's days, I pray to the great God Kaneh-Bosem, we might be a tiny step closer to not caring what religion people are.

bonbonhia
06-27-2004, 01:06 AM
My view is billions of Chineese can't be wrong.

NowhereMan
07-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Astounding Benefit of Believing in Hell
Countries whose citizens believe in hell are not only less corrupt, but also more prosperous. That's the word from economists with the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, who were trying to figure out why some nations are so much richer than others. In addition to looking at productivity and investment factors, they examined some unconventional ideas to explain differences in national prosperity, reports Reuters. It turned out that belief in hell was very telling.

Guess who believes there is a hell?

Drawing on the research from several outside economists, the St. Louis Fed studied 35 countries, including the United States, European nations, Japan, India, and Turkey and realized that religion was a powerful economic force. "In countries where large percentages of the population believe in hell, there seems to be less corruption and a higher standard of living," the St. Louis Fed wrote in its July quarterly review. In the United States, 71 percent of the population believes in hell. Perhaps it's no coincidence that it also has the world's highest per capita income.

Is there a devil? Find out who says so!

Don't believe it? Look at Ireland. As Reuters says, the Irish have a healthy fear of a nether world with 53 percent of the population acknowledging hell's existence, and the country is not far behind the United States in terms of income.

now that was news to me,,,
peace

HvyFuel
07-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Now that was amusing conjecture to me z but quite possibly true. If you can convince people they'll suffer eternal damnation rather than a spell in prison they'll be less likely to offend. Organised religion has been using this method to control people for centuries.
"In the United States, 71 percent of the population believes in hell. Perhaps it's no coincidence that it also has the world's highest per capita income."
But then again perhaps it is.

HvyFuel
07-29-2004, 04:28 PM
And, I wish people would stop going on about the US having the highest percapita income, they haven't. The CIA information, a year out of date of course, puts the US in second place http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html and a more recently, and more independant, listing puts the US in fifth place http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_gro_nat_inc_cap

NowhereMan
07-29-2004, 05:16 PM
And, I wish people would stop going on about the US having the highest percapita income, they haven't. The CIA information, a year out of date of course, puts the US in second place http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html and a more recently, and more independant, listing puts the US in fifth place http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_gro_nat_inc_cap

can i rant some here,

wonders if i start praying really hard and loyal like will my per capita go up
i sure think i could use it and i know for a fact had i a few billion i could change some shit going on and never miss a dime of the billions i would spend
to make this world a little better for all.

elect my own lil goverment,..like they seem to do,money talks ya know
fuking exxon
5.7 billion profits,,,,,,
i cant afford to go anywhere,,,do anything hardly but exist.
now i know why
between the religious wars killing off folks and tearing up the world,
making things cost so much like gasoline
and companies sucking me dry for profit
i feel they taking advantage of us we have no chioce
pay,,,,or dont go anywhere,,
oh yea
we can pray,,of course
peace

HvyFuel
07-29-2004, 06:02 PM
wonders if i start praying really hard and loyal like will my per capita go up

I wish ;)

Yes, it's strange how often people telling you how rich the US is forget to mention that 10% of the population has 90% of the wealth. :rolleyes:

weirdo79
08-06-2004, 07:08 PM
"Evolution is a wholly discredited Theory" Actually its not its factual science accepted by the international college of scientific research (the governing body on all science). It's as "factual" as gravity, ionic bonding and other such testable methods actually. If your going to say its a discredited "theory", which by basis of terms is easily provable as all scientific "laws" are labelled as theories the only people who call them laws are the laymen. A theory isnt a hypothesis its a provable hypothesis supported by empirical evidence. If you reject certain science I urge you to reject all of it, science unlike religion is not something you should pick and choose from. And yes we did come from apes thats why we share 98.7 % of genes with them.(not counting chimps which are even higher). I urge you to go to university in biology before you discount evolution. You might want to talk to an evolutionary biologist as well. ps. Darwin's been disproven for years that doesnt discredit evolution as a whole, he was after all the first to even come up with "natural selection" which is actually a proven scientific theory by empirical evidence. So not even all of darwin's work is discredited nor did he have the resources or methods we have today being the pioneer of the entire science basically. Freud has been proven wrong on almost every degree yet he is still the "father" of modern psychiatry....

GHoSToKeR
09-01-2004, 01:18 AM
there may well be a god and devil fighting for my soul
but what i dont get is
if it is mine
why do they get it when i die,
why cant i keep it
why must i go to heaven or hell for acts ive done as a man
when im no longer a man but a ...spirit/energy?
givin' i dont think much of it these days but i have in the past.

to those that believe NOthing could be more Real
To those that dont Nothing can seem more False

to those in the middle.Nothing can make any sense

thats my state of mind on religion
they all the same.
it is just a state of mind
amen to that, z

Tetrahydra
09-02-2004, 06:20 PM
First of all weirdo, I've always wanted to know, why are'nt the apes making their own civilizations? Why have'nt I seen any of the ones that have evolved lately? I think the reason people don't believe in God is because they don't have a personal relationship with him. He is my best friend and I talk to him daily, but also in that, just like my earthly best friend I have to maintain RESPECT with him. Once this relationship is genuinely in place you will always feel his grace and know he is with you. I have actually tried to turn from him , but I cannot because at a certain point you realize you don't want to because it is the only thing left that is really real.

GHoSToKeR
09-02-2004, 06:22 PM
you talk to him, but does he answer?

if he does, then ur probably schizophrenic

Tetrahydra
09-02-2004, 06:34 PM
you know, i've never physically heard his voice, but every time i sincerely ask the holy spirt fill me with his love, all the hair on my arms stand up. you know it seems you might not have the experiences because you have'nt seeked them? any ways i am sure i am not schizophrenic. also i think the experiances would be different with each individual as all relationships are different.

GHoSToKeR
09-02-2004, 06:39 PM
lol i was jokin about the "schizophrenic" thing

but seriously, it doesnt matter why i dont believe in god or why i havent found god.. all that matters is i dont want to, i dont feel i need to, and i dont believe him.. all that matters is what i think, and all that matters to u is what u think.. its not important if we dont agree :)

Tetrahydra
09-02-2004, 06:50 PM
you are very correct
about agreeing
and I force nothing on no one
just wanted to share my way
I know it's all ok!

GHoSToKeR
09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
:):)

naturalmystic
09-05-2004, 02:12 AM
im not singling you out razer, but i'de like you to read this quote

I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.

-Charles Darwin

bruiser
12-02-2004, 11:55 PM
There is only one true source of faith" we must walk with Christ" Jesus(yeshua) is the way....any other way is the wrong way!

SPLIFF ENJOYER
12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
you shouldnt need to have things physically proven... thats the whole point in jesus and god, having faith.. its hard to picture if you werent brought up in a christian background, but just look at the wonderful things we have on earth... ( pot for example) lol someone had to put them here...

i dunno... i wish my faith was as strong as it used to be, i think pot messes with your faith

GHoSToKeR
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah ok so maybe someone or something had to put it there.. how can people of faith (you included) be so arrogant as to say you know the answer?

SmokeyPotter
12-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I don't affiliate myself with any religious groups. However, I was raised Catholic so I do have some preexisting knowledge on that subject.

I think where Christianity goes wrong is when people the bible literally. I think it should be read more subjectively and metaphorically. I don't call myself a Christian, but I do believe in the basic teachings of Jesus Christ. He was certainly a remarkable man with many important universal teachings. Love thy neighbor, be a good person, have respect for your fellow man.

It's when people make assumptions and read the Bible to closely when problems start. For example, I don't see how any person that calls him or herself a Christian(follower of Christ) can justify hate through their religion. Like these hardcore fundamentalist who say that "God hates Gays" and justifies their hatred with some obscure text in the Bible. If God truly hates gays, I would say look up into the heavens, raise my middle finger, and proclaim "Fuck you."

However the God that I've been taught exists is a God of love. The God that I know doesn't hate anyone, in fact he loves every single person. If I am somehow wrong about this, then I will renounce my faith on the spot.

About the evolution quip. It is called the Theory of Evolution because the only way to make it a Law would be to go back in time and observe the changes, since that is impossible, it "technically" remains a "theory". It is accepted as Fact in the Scientific and Christian communities. There is no argument that evolution took place, that is a fact, however the argument is about how the process of evolution occurred.

I've talked to my priest about this, so I'm not just pulling this out of my ass. The only Christian groups which don't accept evolution as fact are fundamental extremist groups. The Catholic church, on the other hand, has openly accepted evolution. There is really no way to deny it. The evidence is there. Cold, hard fossil facts.

However I don't limit myself to merely Christian thinking. I've done research on Buddhism and Hinduism. I agree with a lot of what these and other Eastern spiritual groups believe in.

I'll mold my own belief system based on my own personal spiritual experiences. I think more people ought to do that instead of blindly following one particular group.

tha_green_ghost
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Ultimately i think every religion shares the same moral teachings and whether or not you believe in God, we can all be benefit from following them. I do believe in creation for the fact that science can't explain what the "big-bang" came from and so on and so on . Although I don't see God as many Christians do, i still believe in a superior being or entity....good or bad. Evolution?....maybe, but i don"t think we came from apes. If we did, then why are apes still here?

JD1stTimer
08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
im not singling you out razer, but i'de like you to read this quote

I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.

-Charles Darwin

Hmm, how about because those caterpillars defoliate plants if they don't get eaten somehow, some way... a bunch of birds could die for some reason, it's a failsafe. I'm not saying it proves anything, just that it's not an illogic.