PDA

View Full Version : Glass or acrylic?

joker121
04-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Which is the best for a bong, in terms of geting you the highest? In terms of cooling the smoke? Just in genreal?
What would you reccomend as a good height of the bong?
Should I buy one with hoses(also called a hookah)?

SPeaking of hookahs, is it possible to smoke alone using a hookah?
Do you have to plug up the other hoses?

GanjaSmugler
04-24-2004, 12:08 PM
i myself dont have to much money to spend on illegal products, so i usually would buy an acrylic bc of that and bc they are usually bigger and i dont have to many places to hide it in my room. but if you have the money and arent to clumbsy, i would deffinetly get a glass bong for sure.
-gs

OutdoorGURU
04-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Man if you got the money for a Hookah go for that! yes you can smoke alone on a hookah. I had a four hose hookah and smoked alone a few times...you can plug one hose in two holes, take one hose out and use the hole as a carb. Dont try to make it through a whole Liberty Bowl by yourself<---waste of herb. Stay High

NoSoupForYou
04-25-2004, 12:15 AM
glass, and when did bongs become illegal?? if you can get a hookah get one, theyre just awesome ...poo

ermitonto
04-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I've only smoked out of a glass bong once but it hit better than any acrylic bong I've ever used! If you really have a choice between the two, go for glass, although acrylic bongs are much less expensive and harder to break (although they can break, as I found out the hard way).

ermitonto
04-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Pluss glass bongs can't leak.

GanjaSmugler
04-25-2004, 08:35 PM
its illegal if your fucking 16 man. i was aying that i cant just go spend all my money on bongs and stuff because of parents
-gs

MVilleToker
04-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Defiantly go with the glass ..save up 4 awhile if u have 2

joker121
04-26-2004, 12:14 AM
What are hte prices on bongs generally?

joker121
04-26-2004, 12:16 AM
the glass ones especially
and how oftend othe acrylic ones leak??
I know my homemade one leaks, so you have to barely fill it past the tube.

DEEN
04-26-2004, 10:01 AM
wazup
heard that glass bongs r the shit- haven't tried it myself though. but i do own a hookah and i must say that personally smokin the hookah does get tiring and i don't really enjoy it. the buzz is good the first few times but after a while, i stopped smokin the hookah and rather just smoke a joint. more enjoyable - quicker to make( especially if u r trashed)

squirrel
04-26-2004, 05:09 PM
i make my own bongs and pipes i make them out of glass i buy glass pipes and bongs i think u get a better buzz from glass i have 4 pipes and 3 bongs

WeedLacer
04-26-2004, 05:37 PM
glass bongs cost like $40 if thats all your money...

smokey
04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
i think glass is way better than acrylic. Ive seen glass bongs startin at £35 up to £200
some good bongs at www.weedcity.com have a look yourself :D

420sampson
04-27-2004, 01:18 AM
It does not matter whthere the bong is glass or acrylic, in terms of its going to cool the smoke, Your best bet is to get an ice catcher in your bong. I personally love my ROOR, 18 in. tall, with a fat ice catcher, just load some ice, cold water, and you'll get the smoothest rips of your life, just be careful (literally) because you'll think that you didn't get that much smoke, because of how cool it is, until it expands in your lungs, and then watch out.

Peace,

david420
04-27-2004, 04:26 AM
bongs and pipes arent illegal.. not where i am anyway.. if the cops catch u with ur pipe and such on u and ur a kid theyre gonna take it away for sure and probably call ur parents and tell them, but they sure as hell wont arrest u for it

joker121
04-27-2004, 05:44 AM
Hye sampson, how much do ROORs cost? What makes them soo special? I keep hearing that name tossed around, but I've never really heard of a brand name bong before? Are they made of pyrex or something?

Does the taller the bong, equalt the better the high, or the larger the hit?

420sampson
04-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Joker,

A ROOR is a special type of bong that are hand blown from some of the finest crystal glass, They are super thick, but very plain looking, just clear glass, with ROOR written on the side. They don't have too many now in the U.S. because they have to import them from Germany, (All the shit with Jerome Baker and Tommy Chong really put a damper on good bongs nowadays). They are pretty pricey but are easy to clean, and you can get an ice catcher, where you can put a good amount of ice in the main tube and it kind of filters the smoke real good. If you find them buy it, I live in Phoenix and I only know of one place that sells them.

Abra Kadabra

smokey
04-27-2004, 08:50 PM
try www.weedcity.com they have a nice selection of RooR bongs, also u can customise your own bong have it how u like :D

Lit Up
04-27-2004, 11:38 PM
i cant afford a good bong, although i may come off as a rich asshole, as Sampson would think, i made one outta those long tall plastic glasses, i have no idea what they are called, but you can get them at Valley Fair and prob other amusement parks, she's airtight too, got to O-ring on it and made the hole just big enuff to start threading in the bowl. Plus its a pepsi one and says pepsi in big letters on the side, i thought it was pretty cool.

CjL

420sampson
04-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey Litup I don't like to get pissed at people on this message board, we're all stoners, we're chill, no bad vibes, I just thought that you did say that you were trippin at the beach and that you were rich, But anyways you don't have to buy a ROOR they're rediculously expensive, I bought at a head shop here in Phoenix, its called trails, a $50 glass bong with ice catcher on sale for $25 so just look around and you'll find some good deals, Sorry if I wrote some shit about you,

In the famous words of Bob Marley, "Lets get together and feel alright."

Peace
Abra Kadabra

Lit Up
04-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Its all good sampson, i posted u a response over on experience board.

CjL

311junkie
04-28-2004, 03:43 AM
[QUOTE=joker121]Which is the best for a bong, in terms of geting you the highest? In terms of cooling the smoke? Just in genreal?
What would you reccomend as a good height of the bong?
QUOTE]

a bong is a bong. but in my experience, glass bongs hit smoother than acrylic or plastic. it feels better going down. i dunno about getting higher, but a glass bong is definitely my fav. choice of weed utensil. that bubblin sound, watchin the chamber empty, seeing your boys fall on the ground coughing their faces off. good times. as for size it is a matter of personal preference. i have 4 bongs. i have made 3 of them. i bought a small glass one, made a large glass one, made one out of a large water bottle, and made a four chamber bong i like to call the weed matrix out of water bottles and an old pog container. if you are from the states and aren't too old you should remember pogs. the only difference in these bongs is the amount of lung power it takes to clear them and how smooth they hit. the small one is easy to clear but kicks you in the throat after you hit it. the large glass one hits smooth as silk but takes some big lungs to clear in one hit. the 4 chamber hits like a dream, but takes a while to clear. its all a matter of preference. if you dont have the money to buy one, i suggest you try to make one. i made one out of a sweet looking glass vase by drilling a hole in the glass with a dremel tool, if you know what that is, and bought a slider and stem from the local head shop. buy a little silicon sealant, fillin around the stem you just put in and presto, a homemade bong that will impress your freinds.

happy smoking and toking, sorry for the long ass post

joker121
04-28-2004, 08:11 AM
no shame in a long as post my friend. I enjoy geting good info from more experienced smokers man.
Ya, i never wanted to get a huge bong or anything too flashy, b/c if hte cops come over for some other reason ,and see it, then that is a whole lot more shit for me to dela with, and I don't want to try to explain to them, that I "only smoke tobacco out of it".

Would you gusy say that glass bongs tend to break easy?
How much would you spend max on a bong?

311junkie
04-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Would you gusy say that glass bongs tend to break easy?
How much would you spend max on a bong?

it depends. they break real easy if you drop them. but besides stating the obvious, there are different qualities and thicknesses of glass. some can take a little bumping, others will shatter easily. inspect the bong youre interested in and see for yourself. how much to spend? personal preference. i would spend up to 300 dollars for a nice one, but prices vary by quality and size.

gs8778
05-04-2004, 09:24 PM
I love my baby, it's even got my name in the marble

Natural Vibrations
05-02-2005, 06:02 AM
I love my baby, it's even got my name in the marble

Oh....My....God.... :eek:

slipknotpsycho
05-02-2005, 06:52 AM
i think they hit pretty much the same i've had plenty experience with both...although glass bongs tend to tip over alot easier and they can be even harder than acrlyic to clean....i still only have acrylic bongs....becasue they are very sturdy and don't break as easy....shyt it's damn near impossilble to under just normal circumstances....

TheLion
05-02-2005, 07:10 AM
If you can afford it, glass without question man.

mortalbic
05-02-2005, 08:06 PM
PHX. Look into it. It's made by a German company with a patent so they cost, but they're so worth it. It's made with 3 water chambers (plus 1 if you purchase the ash catcher). Since the smoke is filtered 3-4 times, you inhale very little tar and much more thc.

ShamanicHippy
05-05-2005, 02:23 AM
well if you got money to burn I would get a multichamber glass one with an ice catcher as for price I would pay 400 max for a bong

ShamanicHippy
05-05-2005, 02:43 AM
P.S. if you really want to get super ripped and just want smooth smoke get a one chamber, glass one because the more the smoke is bubbled it increases the tar/thc levels meaning you are actually getting more tar per unit of thc = worse for you. the reason bongs get you higher is because they are 1. easy 2 hit = bigger hits 2. less particals in smoke = less choke. but whatever you prefer

slipknotpsycho
05-05-2005, 04:07 AM
i have an acrylic single bubbler.....thas all i need and bought it for under 20 bucks.....can't clear the fuker once it's filled and doesn't eat weed as bad as some i've had....unless i stick the liberty bell bowl on....then it goes through it like crazy.....

llamaman666
05-05-2005, 04:13 AM
1. in terms of geting you the highest?
2. In terms of cooling the smoke?
3.Just in genreal?
4.What would you reccomend as a good height of the bong?
5. Should I buy one with hoses(also called a hookah)?

6. SPeaking of hookahs, is it possible to smoke alone using a hookah?
Do you have to plug up the other hoses?
1. I see no difference, weeds weed
2. Glass probably as it is retains coolness while acrylic will get hot, but not like metal.
3. I like glass, but it can break which is a major disadvantage
4. I like 18 inchers alot
5. not unless you'r indian or want to smoke crack
6. You can get single hosed hookahs, if you had multiple you'd have to plug the hoses.

slipknotpsycho
05-05-2005, 04:21 AM
don't some of the better hookas come with hose pluggers? i seem to recall a nice one at my head shop for like 300 bucks that had hose plugs......