PDA

View Full Version : Treetop grafting

harmonicminor
05-31-2005, 08:55 PM
has anyone ever heard of grafting on to treetops bieng succesfully done? that would eliminate many problems including watering and deer,rabbits, people ect...

Zandor
06-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Grafting? You mean taking a cutting from a pot plant and make it grow on a different plant, like a tree in the forest? No it does not work that way.

harmonicminor
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
well ive heard of the hops, cannabis graft being done before so I dont see why it wouldnt be possible especially if the two stems are similar in structure. perhaps it just needs to be done right. why not use mimosa hostilis for thc above and dmt below kinda like tomatoes above and potatoes underground.

Zandor
06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Pot is a resin producing plant. It has different nutrient requirements and cell structure then most any tree I can think of. You don't even graft pot plants to make crosses you cross pollen.

harmonicminor
06-02-2005, 12:07 AM
well yes I know how to cross pollinate and make new strains. but dont forget pot has a very woody stem with fibers that are very very strong. Henry Ford used to make hemp fiber car bodies that he could bash a hammer off and the thing would be unscathed. try that with fiberglass. hemp fiber paper has waaay more longevity than our modern paper. I see what you are saying about the nutes though.

harmonicminor
06-02-2005, 12:14 AM
maybe I will try test grafting to different kinds of small trees for tests. im not trying to say it can be done or anything but if it worked somehow it would be pretty different than most methods. by the way Zandor those are some damn huge monsters that you grow there. could a waterfarm bucket be big enough to grow monsters like that?

Zandor
06-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I use 5 gallon buckets with lava rock......grow rocks are not strong enough and the plants top over.

I am all for anybody trying something different. Good luck and keep me informed will ya.

dialtone420
06-02-2005, 08:42 PM
lets go further, a tree is chillin and you want to cut a branch high up, then splice a marijauna plant with the cut. two cuts at 120 degrees and place the cuts flush together. taping together with that green plant tape. What plant is the most similar to marijauna. Also Can you splice like a rose onto a hydro plant in veg. Using the same method described above. Why you ask? Because im weird. That simple.

Zandor
06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't forget pictures, I can't wait to see them either.

Peace dude

harmonicminor
06-03-2005, 03:11 AM
ok I will line up a couple guinea pigs and give it a shot. they will be dedicated to the name of science hehe. if anyone else can spare a cutting or two and give it a try that would be cool.

dialtone420
06-03-2005, 07:24 AM
This could be a life long project for science and the bud smokers of the future. I feel like a scientest sometimes. But both methods im going to try. My uncle splice grapefruit and lemons this way.(by graphting) There's alwayse problems though. Special care i.e. Feeding the main plant different nutes, maybe using a clonex solution for better fusion of the stems. Only vigorous strains should be used. And Probably need fat ass stems on the bud, like 1/2 inch maybe

SyKo
06-11-2005, 06:10 AM
lol wierd i had your same idea the other day ,what plant is closest to mj anyway?

hippieshaven
06-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I have no clue as to grafting, but I can tell you that we have a tomatoe plant in the same res as our girl and the tomatoe plant has tripled in size within 7 days and thriving beautifully. We've been discussing moving her because she is absolutely taking over. My point, our tomatoe has thrived with a ph of 5.2-6.2 and ppm of 1330-1350. It seems to tollerate and agree with both the nut requirments and the ph. I can post a pic, if you would like.

Grasshopper playing in the weeds is me!

dialtone420
06-13-2005, 05:45 AM
I heard that the closest plant to mj is the hops plant. You know the one they make beer with. Unfortunatley thats not a tree. so that sux.

snow owl
06-21-2005, 03:02 PM
used soybeans to make that dent proof car body your refering to

harmonicminor
06-22-2005, 03:58 AM
actually it was a hemp fiber body and it was 10 times as strong as steel

HARDDON
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey whilst you are busy trying to graft a rose plant that gets you stoned it might help if you placed a mirror right on the graft spot to insure the proper light.

Dont fail this endeavor simply cuz you didnt have enuff mirrors :)

Oh keep one thing in mind...

the HOST plant will pass any genome changes to the parasite...so if youre chopping a MJ stem and binding it to another tree, it will become like the tree.

Try a pine tree....they produce sap and resin and hold mirrors really well.

good luck!

harmonicminor
06-22-2005, 02:38 PM
or maybe if you bend the thing like you are squashing it into the ground that will help.
"the HOST plant will pass any genome changes to the parasite...so if youre chopping a MJ stem and binding it to another tree, it will become like the tree."
sorry but plants dont pass traits only water and nutes if that were the case the hops thing would be done more often
the idea of treetop grafting is to keep plants away from animals and humans and let the tree itself do the watering naturally

hubblebubble
08-04-2005, 02:29 PM
i want to see some photos

fhydro
08-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Grafting hops and cannabis is possible, so why trying other mixes it won't work. In the dicotyledon's family, there is only cannabis and hops. So you've got to graft hops onto a cannabis stem. It will produce hops fruits with THC. There are other methods also that i don't know, but this one works, if the 2 plants are old the same.
Fhydro

del...
08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
it's been tried years ago, according to mel & ed's book and it doesn't work. if it did don't ya think we'd all be growing thc-infused hops?

fhydro
08-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Only to speak about what we know, i'm going to realise it. I've got the canna seeds, i know where to purchase hops seeds, they grow the same, and i keep informed, with pics. All in hydro...
Fhydro

notanovice
08-05-2005, 09:40 PM
del is right, it`s been done, just think about it, graft a lemon branch onto an orange tree, both citrus family, and that branch will grow lemons only, not orange flavoured lemons. the same holds to hops and cannabis, the hop will be a hop with no thc

yeskaa
08-06-2005, 03:41 AM
graftings for cactus

the happy chappie
08-06-2005, 02:06 PM
hello harmonicminor, , i have been watching this thread and have been fasinated by it, i done some experiments about 6 years ago, i tried to do just what you are disscussing, my atempt failed miserabley, however i wernt to be put off and tried the same on loads of different plants, i never tried it with a hop plant, but i did try it with various grapevine strains, i never managed to get the cannabis plant to flower or grow very much but i did keep it alive for the whole season. i might be a littel late as my grape vines are full of grape but i am gonna take some cuttings from my weed and graft them on a couple of my vines to show you how i did it,........ i hope you dont mind, hey i failed trying this, but i am so so convinced that it can be done with the correct plant i just thought you might like to see how far i get doing it, it might not work ,as like i say my grape vines are loaded...... just thought it worth a try again....

............. peace mate ......... happy ...................

the happy chappie
08-06-2005, 03:30 PM
hello again harmonicminor
i have just done it jus a few mins ago, here is how i did it, i dont know if it will work again as like i said it is late in the season and the vine is heaverly loaded with grape,

there are a lot of pics i hope you are happy to let me post them here, i just think it could be usefull.......

first pic shows , the tools of the trade, are a very sharp knife, a bowl of tepid water, a roll of waterproof insulation tape, and a bog roll.....
2nd shows the plant i want to take a clone from,
3rd shows the me taking the cutting
4th cuttings in the tepid water, its realy inportent to use tepid or at the most luke warm water. i will post some more pics straight after this..
.................. peace happy.................

the happy chappie
08-06-2005, 03:53 PM
hello again,

5th pic is the donor grape vine, i chose a fairly shady spot, so the midday sun wont cook it....
6th pic shows where i wanted to attempt this graft to take place, i chose here just as i chose where to take a clone on the weed plant. for best results you will need a supple shoot, there were not that many available on the vine, so i used this fresh sprout....
7th pic is the splice, i cocked up first time and cut the vine sprout off, so i done it again, realy the graft should be a little longer but i was worried about chopping this one off too. i kept it close to the node but far enough away to be able to tie it up, i just sliced the knife downward cutting into the vines stem not to deep just enough to create a flap of stem
8th, shows doing the same with the weed, only difference it was in the oposite direction, its inportent to not go to deep....
more pics to follow in a minuet peace happy ....................

the happy chappie
08-06-2005, 04:25 PM
hello yet again

the 9th pic shows the two coming together. i just sliped them together like you would do a jigsaw puzzle. the outer flap of the weed must be stuck against the inner stem section and visa-versa .....
10th pic shows a golf ball sized lump of soaking wet bog roll wrapped firmley around the joint, its importent that the contacting sufaces of both the weed and the vine are tightly together,
11th pic shows water proof insulation tape wraped fairly tightly around the bog roll ball, this is difficult as the water gets on the gluey side as well, but i just kept going and eventauly i got there.
12th pic show the final joint, tied off with plastic ties,

i know there are better stuff than bog roll but i did not have any spagnum moss handy, the bog roll i use is bleach free lol, if its good enough for my arse then its good enough to grow plants in lol hahaha,. i realy dont know whats going to happen this time, if i can keep it alive again long enough who knows, like i said before i have never managed to get the weed to flower, i have managed to keep the plant alive for a season, and managed to fuse the two plants together, it might be possible to get a vine growing indoors under lights and fuse the two together for longer, well i hope you are ok with me posting these pics, i just thought i would give it another go and show you all that sometimes you can do some realy strange things with weed,
peace to you all ...................... happy .........................

harmonicminor
08-06-2005, 10:50 PM
see now we are talking. yeah thats really cool of you to add some tips and pics. now that we know it can be done with grape vines I dont think other grafts will be out of reason. I think I will try a maple graft this week then. I will post pics too but im not going to do anything as high tech as yours but I will use proper cuts and wrap thread around the graft or something. maybe even plain old duct tape to hold in the moisture.

BILL THICK
08-07-2005, 06:58 PM
hey did you smoke the grapes maybe they were moby grapes

the happy chappie
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
hi , i never got further than keeping the graft alive for more than a season, if my climate was longer who knows, i dont expect anything to flower and give bud or anything like that, and i certainly aint albert einstien, i just wanted to explain that it can be poss to graft weed to a vine, it must be possible to graft the weed to some living plant other than weed and get it to respond and maybe flower.

humans have have pig livers, hearts, kidneys, and a host of other foriegn parts inplanted into them in aid to save, help or prolong there lifes, now if thats possible whos to say that its not poss to get weed to do something simular, i have successfully grafted multiple weed strains on a donor weed plant and had bud, this might look cranky but if we all sat around taking the piss out of different insperations and ideas then fuck all would get invented.... this thread that harmonicminor has started should not be knocked, it should be incouraged. just becourse a book says it cant be done it dont mean it cant, how long have humans been doing succsessfull heart transplants , its not that long, and they were saying only 30 years ago that it cant be done. and today its an everyday thing.
i truley 100% believe in my heart that it will become possable to graft weed on a living plant other than another weed plant, and other plants not just weed.....

this atempt may well fail, its not a prob i am only doing this to show that it can be done.
i do make my own wine, and i do infuse it with a heavy dose of my best buds whilst it forements, and i can say i have never had better wine, if it were poss at some time to create a vine that has some thc content then how cool would that be, mmmmm

can i have a glass of crystalized chardonay waiter please, hahaha , trust me the day will come, i can feel it it my bones lol ( well whats left of em lol )
........ peace .................. a stoned and drunk happy .............. hic hic !! burp

harmonicminor
08-08-2005, 01:00 AM
hehe I was going to ask if you made wine and infused it with some bud.
hey how about Redhaired redwood trees? hehe we can park our cars in the trunk of it and take an elevator to the top. ok maybe we should combine the dna of redwood with indica lol

the happy chappie
08-08-2005, 07:43 AM
hi, harmonicminor
wow that would be some tall weed plant, yeah go for it mate, its only gonna cost ya a few clones, i would like to think it could be possible on something like a rasberry bush, as these are very easy to take cuttings off, and they root easy, i think though if you wanted to attempt to put thc into a donor plant then the graft would have to be the other way round like you would need the weed to be a donor plant and the graft should be the subject you wanna change. i dont think its that impossible to graft the weed to another plant, the problems acure when you want it to flower and grow,

i checked the graft this morning day two and its still very much fresh with no signs of any wilting, this means that at the very least the weed graft is taking moisture from the tissue paper, that means its healthy, last time i acheived this it took about 8 weeks to fuse the two i dont think i will have much longer as it will be our harvest time, but i will try my best, if nothing else its fun trying again .............

................ peace .................... happy ......................

hubblebubble
08-08-2005, 05:57 PM
happy chappy could you update us in the plants current state of health

the happy chappie
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
yeah sure no probs, just took this pic about ten mins ago, the graft had wilted quite badly this morning, its been very hot here for the last couple of days and the tissue ball had dryed out, i have watered it twice since then and it seems to have picked up again, this little guy is even bending upward reaching for the sun, iwill give it another few days and i will begin feeding it with very week solution, just to give it a little tonic should it not be able to accept the vines juices yet,.... hey guys this brings back some cool memorys,

peace ................. happy ............

hubblebubble
08-13-2005, 03:17 PM
why dont you spray the leaves with water with a suitable amount of fertiliser as it will go directly to the plant

the happy chappie
08-15-2005, 04:28 AM
hi hubblebubble,
i do spray my cuttings with a mild feed, i wont spray this as its a little to close to my grapes, i can feed it via a hole i have left in the tape, i have checked it and it is still alive, i have not watered it at all for the last two days and its been quite hot here, so its gotta be getting moisture from the vine. there is still a very long way to go, but who knows it might work again, if by some chance that it does work again, i will take the stem that this clone is grafted to and attempt to clone that, so as i will have just a much smaller plant to work with and maybe i could bring it indoors and keep it going a little longer, i will keep ya posted on its progress,
....................peace to ya ................. happy ................

NowhereMan
08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Pot is a resin producing plant. It has different nutrient requirements and cell structure then most any tree I can think of. You don't even graft pot plants to make crosses you cross pollen.
ive often wondered about that grafting strains together idea,dont know where i first read of that but it is like something that ya wish ya could do.

we all want to play mad scientist i guess and create the best of the best.
peace

hubblebubble
08-16-2005, 01:10 PM
id be really happy if this works out then ill give it a go myself what what kind of climate are they in happy chappy

the happy chappie
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
hi
in answer to your question i am in the uk ......and the weather is hot at the moment, but could change quickly to heavy rain and cold nights its often cloudy or overcast at the least, but when the sun shines it gets hot.
ok the signs so far are pretty good, neither the weed graft or the vine graft are showing any signs of trauma, infact the weed is stretching upward for the sun, and the leaves at the end of the vine are sill very healthy and are not wilting attall, i was expecting the vines leaves to crinkle and dry up, that would be a sign that i went in to deep with the knife and have stoped its flow of nutriants getting to its extemities, the weather has been very warm here for the last few days and i have wet the tissue a little today just to be on the carefull side, there is still a very long way to go, things could still go wrong.

hi nowhereman,
its easy to graft weed to weed, i have done that many times, mainly for fun, its very easy to graft to a mother plant several strains of cannabis, i cant say that i achieved a new strain however i did get different bud from the same motherplant.
gardeners throughout the world have been grafting different plants for years, roses, fruit trees, various shrubs and plenty of regular household plants, to name but just a few, hey, take a trip to your local garden supplies and take a look at all those standard upright plants in expensive pots, look for a obvious swelling around the bottom or top of the stem, this would have been the graft, this is done becourse it turns an otherwise everyday plant into something that looks real nice, and puts its price up, plant grafting is everywhere its nothing new. it just needs a lot more experiments like this, i wish i had done this earlier in the year i would have a much better chance, but hey its worth another go.........
.............. peace happy ............................

hubblebubble
08-17-2005, 12:22 PM
im in the uk aswell what rooting hormone did you use clonex?

any chance of the latest pictures

the happy chappie
08-17-2005, 06:54 PM
hi hubble,
i did not use any rooting formular to do the graft mate, just skin to skin as they say, when i take cuttings i generally roll the wet ends in a little rooting powder made by miricle grow, i cant remember its proper name, but it works well with me, some like the jelly rooting formular, i aint realy tried that yet so i cant say what its like. i guess when i find something that works well for me then i kinda stick to it,
the graft has taken some real heat today its been boiling here and its still standing strong, i have gave it extra water today, not that it was wilting, i just want to keep this alive long enough for it to graft together, i aint bothered about it budding or anything like that, it would be cool to show ya that sometimes it can happen.....
.............. peace happy ......................

hubblebubble
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
when i tryed to clone using that hormone you mentioned all my clones died and whenever i use clonex i get a hundred percent success rate maybe using clonex would help?

RastaKaze
08-19-2005, 06:21 AM
if you actually succed in your doings... it will be the start of something new... something fucking great, man... pull this off for all the pot heads across the globe! :)

the happy chappie
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
hi harmonic, hi hubble, hi rastakaze
if your getting on with clonex i say stick with it mate, i also get around 95% of my clones root ok, sometimes it can be a struggle depends what strain realy, i am sure there are hundreds of rooting powders/gells out there some better than others, i just use this becourse it works for me,

thanks rastakaze, i will try and do my best, yes it would be great, anythings possible mate, just takes a lot of time a patience, and hundreds of attempts at things like this before it happens, i did once manage to graft just like this, i am simply repeating what i did before, the only difference this time is that i am much later in the year and last time the bonding agent was spagnum moss,
............... peace ................. happy ....................

the happy chappie
08-27-2005, 03:18 PM
hi mates
just a little update on the graft, so far so good, no wilting of either weed or vine tips so at least the the wound i created on both partys has not harmed either plant, also the weed graft shows no sign of rejecting the nutriants that the vine is feeding it with, the grapes are starting to ripen so is possible that there wont be a lot of nutes getting through. its now 21 days since it was done, if the graft does not take i would expect the weed to sprout roots, so if nothing else i should come out with a baby, i wont undo the graft wrapping untill at least the end of the season, i want to give it every chance ...................... peace happy ............................

Torog
08-27-2005, 03:49 PM
hi mates
just a little update on the graft, so far so good, no wilting of either weed or vine tips so at least the the wound i created on both partys has not harmed either plant, also the weed graft shows no sign of rejecting the nutriants that the vine is feeding it with, the grapes are starting to ripen so is possible that there wont be a lot of nutes getting through. its now 21 days since it was done, if the graft does not take i would expect the weed to sprout roots, so if nothing else i should come out with a baby, i wont undo the graft wrapping untill at least the end of the season, i want to give it every chance ...................... peace happy ............................
Howdy happy,

Dang...I hope it works ! It's really cool what yer doing !

Sent ya an email to yer new addy...

Have a good one !

duckofdeath
08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
i have heard that in the green state they tie the plant (still in the pot) to a trunk,or build a small wood tree fort like platform towards the tops of maple trees to place it on. I know this isn't grafting but it eliminates rabbits deer and hikers and camoflages it pretty well too. What sucks is you have to climb the damn tree! good luck!

the happy chappie
09-01-2005, 03:16 PM
hi , yeah i have also heard and read about tree top growing, too much like hard work if you ask me, but its ok i supose if you need the privacy away from priying eyes, i have seen pics of a huge bucket on a purpose built platform sitting high in a tree top, the bucket is sealed, apart fom a hole in the top big enough to allow full growth of the plant, the bucket is complete free of drainage, in the bottom of the bucket is about 4/5 inches of coarse gravel, this is the only drainage the plant gets, the bucket has a hose pipe conected to it at the bottom, inside the hose is a fat wick, the sort you might find in a oil lamp, the hose is tied to the tree and hidden behind creepers and ivy, at the bottom of the tree there is another bucket buried deep enough to hide it, there is a hand pump conected to it, i think the idea is that the bottom bucket is a resivoir, the hose and its wick are conected tightly, the pump will pump water and nutes up in a hurry, and when its not poss to water them freely, the wick sends water up in a cappilery action just like it would in a oil lamp, it looked crude but according to its owner it worked well, he grew this way becourse he had know light, and growing it at the top of the tree gave the plant all the light it needs.
............ peace ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, happy

latewood
09-01-2005, 06:09 PM
what about broccoli/cauliflower that weird veg. ...didn't that plant share traits and taste...hminor

the happy chappie
09-07-2005, 07:38 AM
hello h/m and all you guys
i took this pic yesterday of the little graft, it is still doing just fine, however it now shows just a little yellowing on the tips of its leaves this could be a sign that its regecting the nutes that the vine is supplying or its not getting enough, i hope not as this just might bump it off, it looks healthy though and is very strong other than that, the vine is almost ready for its first harvest its second harvest is normaly about three weeks after that, maybe it will send the graft some stronger nutes after i have harvested, ....... the second pic shows a apple tree graft, i dont realy know why i posted this, i think i remember talking about what grafts look like, and just how much there used in todays world of gardens and fruit farms, this has grow in my garden now for about 5/6 years its root stock ( lower section of tree) is a slow growing dwarf apple, and the top is a heavy cropping regular russette apple, the result is a great little tree that can be grown in a small inviroment and still yeild a heavy crop, the same thing can be done with most weed plants, if you have the time to mess around.
.................... peace ................happy ..................

harmonicminor
09-24-2005, 04:34 AM
hey i got an idea why dont we just graft leaves of other plants on to a cannabis plant and get rid of its fan leaves???????? then it would be disguised. salvia leaves???? hmmmm naturally fused salvinorin and thc
hey happy can you pull the banage from that graft yet? is it flowering?

the happy chappie
09-25-2005, 08:09 AM
hi harmonicminor
yeah mate this little graft is still going for it, i have not watered it for over a week, it does not get any rain water as it is shelterd from any rain, and its still looking strong, i did see a little browning at the tips of the leaves, and the last bit of the stalk of the weed graft has started to shrink back, but on the whole it looks cool, i cant really take the bandaged off yet as i want to be sure for sure that its bonded, something must have hapened by now thats deffinate, i cant see any roots trying to creap out of the bandaged so maybe it might be working again. i will take the bandaged off just when its the very last moment before our frosts will kill it, if its worked, i have an even more difficult task of trying to get a clone from the grape vine, if i can then bingo, i will have to do that indoors as the weather is now getting cold, i will keep ya posted as things happen, .......... peace .................happy ..............

hubblebubble
09-25-2005, 05:44 PM
maybe next year try it like in early june so it has plenty of time to grow and maybe even flower

the happy chappie
10-08-2005, 06:01 AM
hi h/m hi hubble
ok guys the time is coming soon, when i have to either leave the clone still atached to the vine and see how it copes, or i take a clone from the vine and hope i can root it with the graft still atached,........

either way its decision time. my gut instinct is telling me to try and keep it alive in a slightly warmer climate, if i were to bring it in underlights it would proberbly go into shock, so maybe in the green house and sheltered with bubble rap will keep it going for a few more weeks, if i dont do something soon for sure it will die.

i could leave it atached to the vine and some how rig up a bubble rap shelter for it. but then that might drag attension and not be as steathy, allthough thats not a major issue.

the little graft is still alive and has not drooped, it aint grown that much in size, and looks reasonably ok, however it has now started to develop signs that its not coping with the cold nights. its larger fan leaves are really burning with the cold, and its time to do something about it.

i have decided i will atempt a clone from the vine with the graft still atached, i will do this tommorow and photograph the events.

grape vines root better for me around this time of year, so now is proberbly the best chance for the vine to root. if the vine does not start to root i will know fairly quickly.

if it dont work, then i will perform an autopsy on it and see just how things went. that would make good pics also .......
................peace....... happy............

Neojedi
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey Guys,

Just stumbled on this thread.I've thought about this many times also. I've thought that pure landbased races would prolly be the best donors for this experiment. Just a thought.

stupids
10-11-2005, 01:25 AM
This sounds so cool...I wonder what the new leaves would look like?

Maybe if this works, you could create a new hybrid plant species. It wont be called marijuana anymore, so it will be legal for a short while, until the government cracks down.

Good luck, man

stickygreenlightsabr
10-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Very interesting thread. Makes me want to participate in some experiments too.

budman2000
10-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Maybe you guys are going about this all wrong....maybe, hear me out. You should try grafting something "TO" the mj plant instead of viceversa. Cause the parasite will become like the host. Therfore, if my theory is right you guys might have more sucees. Good luck and happy growing. :)

hubblebubble
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
what was the end result happy chappy

Chris Chronic
12-18-2005, 09:57 PM
it has been done

i know this as FACT

Johnny Hempseed
12-26-2005, 02:11 PM
It just won't work...
You could find a big tree..build a treehouse type platform..and grow up in the canopy...

Johnny Hempseed
12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
it has been done

i know this as FACT

You may know it as fact..but we don't...
Show us the evidence that convinced you...
Like this for instance---->
grafting explained (http://plantphys.info/plants_human/grafting.html)

majorbump
11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
damn, iv been talkin about trying this for weeks, any new news??

Rusty Trichome
11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Nope, no new news since Dec 2005. (this is a really old thread)
I bet it just didn't work.

stevesteve
06-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Celtis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtis)
would probally be the best choice.
It is from the family Cannabaceae.

ch33ch
07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
If you're still alive, I would try sweetgum. I'm not sure of its chromosome number, but if you did succeed, it would be a fragrant ornamental.
What i would reallly like to try is explained here: SpringerLink - Journal Article (http://www.springerlink.com/content/q4425521hn564g0l/)
a short summary as i understand it is perform open seed surgery, and swap out embryos, so that the transplanted embryo feeds on the other seeds food. I recall reading something about a russian experiment like this in 2005, with wheat and maize, and the outcome was something like three plants in one. there were maize(corn) parts and wheat parts, but also plant growth with a different chromosome count than either maize or wheat. If someone really wants to make some wacky new plant, i believe this is the way to go, especially if you're wanting to cross hops and the good herb with the similar seeds. also, check out humulus scandens, AKA humulus japonicus. that's japanese hops, great candidate for a seed embryo transplant, IMO:)