PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with my plant

severed cephalic666
05-29-2005, 04:27 PM
i need serious help with my month and a half old. it has started these brown spots on third node leaves. i need to know if it something serious i need to worry about. i havent added any ferts. i tested my soil last night with some aquarium test strips . it said that my soil has hard water and that it has a very high nitrate level. if you need more info please ask . help me if you can

Da1KrayzieThug
05-29-2005, 05:15 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.

severed cephalic666
05-29-2005, 06:53 PM
i don't know how to post my pics of my plant. could you help me in any way

Da1KrayzieThug
05-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Yea click "Post Reply" right underneath my post and below where u put the words it says "manage attachments" just upload ur pics.

taderick
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
hay ive got some miracle grow fertilizer but i dont know how to use as my friends gave it in a jar? its a thick brown liquid and it really smells trouble is i dont whats in it or how much to add to water?

can anyone help me

severed cephalic666
05-31-2005, 03:01 AM
i have another question to. the set of leaves right above the newly spoted are three leave paterns and one of the newer ones has 4 leaves. is this normal . i hope it is not a sign of a male

Da1KrayzieThug
05-31-2005, 03:41 AM
Taderick make your own post next time. Otherwise don't use it cuz you NEED to know the proper measurements.

Severed, from my assumptions when the outside of a leaf goes bad it means it's dying off, but when it's in the center it means its getting something bad into its system. Not sure what that color is. Looks like its happening more than just on that set of leaves. It also looks like its outside. If I'm right try to check the acidity of the rain that comes in. If it's inside try to make sure nothing else touches it. Also check for bugs on the bottoms of the leaves where it's hurting. Any help from someone more experience would be appreciated. I'm just putting together the knowledge of plants in general here. Zandor, you wanna have a go at it?

EDIT: http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1111

Looks like Ozone Damage.

severed cephalic666
05-31-2005, 04:58 PM
thanks a lot , i will definately chech all of that. you are a big help

gronnh20
06-02-2005, 12:24 AM
It looks like a deficiency of some nutrient. Try some fertilizer that is a complete fertilizer not just an N-P-K fertilizer. Only use the fertilizer at half strength of what is shown on the fertilizer chart.

Zandor
06-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Only one pic is hard but I would guess toxic salt build up not a deficiency. Gronnh20 N-P-K is complete fertilizer for short cycle resin producing plants.

The trick is to give the plant the correct amount of nutrients at the proper stage in the cycle. His plant is to old for 1/2 strength nutrients, he is in the veg cycle not seedling. If you are only using 1/2 strength then you are shorting your plants a lot.

Zandor
06-02-2005, 07:30 PM
You correct toxic salt build up by using a commercial flusher and using 3 times the volume to remove the nutrients. You are growing in dirt so now you will have problems with gnats too and over watering. Be careful how you move forward and let it dry out before start back up with new nutrients.

Use only RO water it saves you stress and your plants stress.

severed cephalic666
06-03-2005, 03:30 AM
what is toxic salts? i thought that salt build up is from ferts? i havent given any fertilizers yet. i have still kept an eye out for the spots getting any worse.

severed cephalic666
06-03-2005, 03:31 AM
oh yea, what is RO water

HARDDON
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
RO water is reverse osmosis.

Most store bought bottled water is either RO or distilled...

Are you using dechlorinated water on this plant or regular tap?

Seems to me it might be something in the water you are using....

Advise.

Zandor
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
if you are not giving any nutrients yet then you have something else wrong like in your water like HARRDON said. What Ph are you running?

OR Freebird
06-05-2005, 12:07 AM
http://greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html

Try this iste for common plant disorders with pics ...

severed cephalic666
06-05-2005, 12:25 AM
i still havent got a good tester. but when i test the soil with the strips it says the ph is around 5.8 to 6.0. these strips measures 5 different things, nitrate, nitrite, total hardness, total alkalinity,and ph. i am using well water out of tap. i tested my water and it says the nitrate level is about 20ppm,my nitrite level is at 0, total hardness is around 75 which is soft,alkalinity is low and around 40, the ph is is between 6.2 and 6. 8. i went and looked at it today and theres something fishy i think. i will get some pics later. if you need any more info please ask. i realy appreciate all of your help.

severed cephalic666
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
here are some updated pics. i don't know what is going on with it. it is only yellowing in half of the plant. it is weird. please give me in-put.

Zandor
06-07-2005, 12:49 AM
When in doubt flush it out.

Flush with a commercial flushing product for the quickest results. Straight water will take 3 times the volume minimum for a proper flush.

severed cephalic666
06-07-2005, 01:48 AM
where would i get this flusher at and about how much would it cost?

Zandor
06-07-2005, 07:22 PM
http://www.discount-hydro.com/supplements.asp

General Hydroponics makes Flora Kleen, Advanced nutrients makes Final Phase and the last one is called Clearex. Most hydro shops will carry at least one if not all of them.