PDA

View Full Version : Life after a MJ misdemeanor...

QueenB
05-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I got caught with weed in October (less than a gram) and got a misdemeanor for possession. The fine ended up being $659. Since I had been laid off, I could not afford it. And I had cancer at the time (thankfully in remission now...whew!), but hadn't gotten my med card yet, though it was in the works at the time. The sherriff didn't believe me. But, I have papers to prove it...whatever.

He searched my car and even went on my laptop. I was a high level consultant at the time.

Anyway, legal aid (the ones for the poor folks like I am now that I've been laid off) advised me that this is a low priority offense and to plead nolo contendere (no contest) and just pay the fine, which shouldn't be more than $250. Yeah right...$659 after all the "court costs"...so the total probation was way higher than they thought.

My point is, now that I am finally paying it off (hard to do when your'e broke and unemployed), I have had to deal with the misdemeanor on my record. I haven't been able to gain employment ever since. After the 4th turndown in two weeks due to it being on my background check, I did some research regarding how to get it removed. I can get it expunged. But that will take 10-16 weeks in most cases. And legal aid considers this low priority, so they won't rush it for little ol' me.

So, basically, I can't get a job now that I'm a lowly pothead drug addict. I mean, less than one bowl's worth has now dropped me into hell. I know I should have hidden it better. But, what's the point? I mean, the laws are one thing...but the stigma is the bigger thing. I mean, half the people I've worked with go out at lunch time and on breaks to toke up and party their asses off on weekends. Many of them have oz with them to sell to eachother. Yet, I have only one bowl with me on some random day, get caught sleeping and now I'm a loser? I'm still just as intelligent as BEFORE I got the ticket.

So now, I'm broke, have an ailing mother to feed and take care of, no job, just had my car repossessed last night and I can't even get a job to take care of things. I can't be a productive member of society, even if I tried. And, ironically, I havent' had weed in a month and a half!

So, when I was partying as a consultant, I wasn't seen as a pothead, because I still had a nice car and money and a job. But, now that I've got no money, I'm seen as a loser pothead.

All this over a nug of weed in my purse, at the wrong time, and my being too sleepy to think to put it in another place instead. Boy...life sux right now. Just thought I'd share.

And ask a question....who will hire you with this on your record? Am I supposed to starve for 10-16 weeks and let my Mom die because of this?

I know it's a dire situation. But, of all the folks I've helped out in the past, none of them are here for me now. I have no support system. But I'm keeping my head up as best I can. I guess I just needed to vent and let you know that good people sometimes get caught up...even if they ask for help. This isn't fair at all. It really isn't.

I don't like being unemployed...or a pothead stereotype. This isn't me. I wish I had help...anyone?

spankegti
05-23-2005, 05:40 AM
That sucks man.... got some bad luck on your shoulders

I got caught with a gram in a bus station in boston mass. They called the head security guy over and he told me not to bring it on the bus again..put the baggy back in my cig pack and off to new york I went with my gram

I got lucky could have been different though

nicholasstanko
05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
i think you're story is full of shit, queenb. it sounds like some kind of poorly written english first-person narrative. just because we smoke pot doesn't mean we're idiots.

Halcy0n
05-25-2005, 03:12 AM
i think you're story is full of shit, queenb. it sounds like some kind of poorly written english first-person narrative. just because we smoke pot doesn't mean we're idiots.

rofl why do you think everybody is making things up

bhallg2k
05-25-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't know.

That story sounds like a bad after-school special.

nicholasstanko
05-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't think anyone is making anything up i KNOW this person is making it up. He/she posted another message using the name 3ofclubs or whatever. It seemed suspicious and the person confessed in another thread. Pot makes you a genius. I can deduce better than batman on the haze

QueenB
05-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I most certainly did NOT post anything under any other name...especially not something as cheesy as 3ofClubs or whatever.

Look, I'm sitting here today, with no groceries, no food, no help...all I wanted was to know how to get past the background checks when looking for work. I'm
not a friggin deadbeat or loser trying to get money from you. I'm not trying to sell shit...I'm really down and out and REALLY need some help. But it's nice to know that stoners are really NOT your friends. They are only interested in smoking up your shit and leaving you when you have nothing. I cant' even leave the house and go anywhere because I don't even have bus fare anymore.

I'm not a liar as some of you are...trying to hook up bud online without the cops trying to find you. Hell...all I did was take a nap and my DAMN LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!

If you think my story is full of shit, then it's because YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!

I thought this was a place for people to come and share their stories. You have no actual advice for me and you then call me a liar!!!! I'm looking in my cupboards right now...NOTHING!!! I'm looking in my stash jar....NOTHING!!!! I'm looking at my bank account....NOTHING! I'm looking at my voicemail message light...NOTHING!!! I'm looking at my resume which is impressive....but NOTHING!!!! I can't get a job because I had a damn bowl of weed on me and took a damn nap and I'm unemployed with NO MONEY TO PAY IT OFF!!!

AND YOU FAGGOTS SAY I'M FULL OF SHIT!!!! I WISH I COULD KILL YOU NOW!!!!

I REALLY WANT TO KILL SOMEONE!!!! I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME I'M FULL OF SHIT!!! THIS IS THE SAME TYPE OF BULLSHIT I HAD TO DEAL WITH WHEN I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU SORRY BASTARDS AND FIGHT FOR THE LAWS TO BE CHANGED!!! NOW, I DON'T REALLY GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF YOU ALL GET INCARCERATED NOW!!! GO AHEAD, BLAZE UP YOU SORRY FAGGOTS!!!

WEED IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE FOLKS COMPASSIONATE!!! YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF LIARS AND DRUGGIES WHO MAKE IT LOOK BAD FOR THOSE OF US WHO ONLY DO IT BECAUSE WE HAD CANCER!!! FAGGOTS!!! I'M NOT A TEENAGER...I'M FUCKIN' 30 YEARS OLD. I HAVE PAID MY DUES...WORKED MY ASS OFF IN JOBS MOST OF YOU COULDN'T FATHOM DOING!!! BUT NOW...I CAN'T EVEN BE SEEN AND FEED MY DAMN SELF NOW BECAUSE I'M OVERQUALIFIED FOR THE STANDARD SHIT JOB IN A COFFEE SHOP OR CRAPPY OFFICE...BUT NOW I'M A GODDAMN CRIMINAL FOR A MISDEMEANOR FOR HAVING A DAMN BOWL OF WEED!!!!

I SHOULD JUST RAPE SOME MEN WITH A BROOM HANDLE....AT LEAST I'LL GET SOME SEX AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!! BUT NO...BEING POOR AND UNEMPLOYED AND SICK IS GROUNDS FOR YOU ASSHOLES NOT OFFERING ANY REAL HELP OR ADVICE AND BLAMING PEOPLE FOR SHIT THAT DOES NOT EVEN APPLY!!! WHO THE FUCK IS THIS 3OFCLUBS PERSON? I HAVENT' BEEN ON THIS BOARD SINCE I POSTED MY ORIGINAL MESSAGE!!!!

YOU'RE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND LOSERS. I'M SORRY I EVEN ASKED...GO FUCK YOURSELVES. I DONT' NEED YOUR STINKIN HELP. I'LL GO STARVE ON MY OWN NOW...GOD BLESS YOUR FUCKED UP SOULS...YOU NEED WEED JUST TO KEEP YOUR DAMN SMALL SHRIVELED COCKS UP...SUCKS FOR YOU...FAGGOTS!!!!

GO DIE....I WISH I COULD KILL YOU!!!!!

EverydayJunglist
05-28-2005, 12:18 AM
wowww

KronicKing
05-29-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm sorry i cannot help :( as for your record i don't know any other way to get it off.You people are such assholes!!!!! she wasnt asking for money or any form of help from you other than some leagal advice and you call it bullshit? wtf is wrong with you people.if i were the type of person who wished bad things on others i would most certainly hope you go straight to fucking hell in a hand basket.nicholasstanko all you cause is fucking problems you are a horrible person who has no compassion or morals you need to take a long hard look at your life and realize what a fucking asshole you are or go jump off a bridge and do the whole world a favor.

fucking ass.....

Delta9
05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
It is just so hard to believe how misdemeanor can greatly affect your ability to get a job. I have B.S. in science and cannot get a job because I was charged with a misdemeanor. That means that someone with less education and experience than me can get a job over me because they have a clean record even though I am more qualified. Or like people who major in shit like poetry. What kind of problem solving skills to learn by studying poety? Just keep your head up and keep trying to find work, You'll probably get rejected from lots of jobs before you find one, I know how hard it is.

Delta9
05-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Thats okay, what would life be without a challenge.
Just take another drink or two things will look better when your through.

nicholasstanko
05-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Are you guys serious?!? i mean seriously! This person is taking you for a ride and you guys are falling for it! Did anybody notice how many times the person mentioned weed? any person who tries to convionce anyone of anything never repeats themselves over and over as if subliminally trying to drive a point home. secondly, i never said you were trying to hit up anyone for money. thirdly, i came to my conclusion based on the fact that there was a post right before yours that used the same "associated with narcotics" quote. only the fact that the posts were six minutes between each other suggested that a name change occurred under a different alias. so yes, queenb i DO think your full of shit. anyone that falls for your "fact-based story" is obviously too compassionate to notice they're being made fun of. so fuck off bitch and go suck a blunt instead of cock all the time.

Delta9
05-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Broom handles?
If you have no money you might wan't to cancel you internet access until you get a job, that way mabey you'll have more money for groceries. And you might want to quit the dope, at least for sometime to save money.

Sinsemilla Jones
05-30-2005, 09:24 AM
....FAGGOTS......... FAGGOTS!!! ...... FAGGOTS!!!

I'M NOT A TEENAGER.........

I SHOULD JUST RAPE SOME MEN WITH A BROOM HANDLE....AT LEAST I'LL GET SOME SEX AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!............

YOU NEED WEED JUST TO KEEP YOUR DAMN SMALL SHRIVELED COCKS UP.........

FAGGOTS!!!!........

Bait and expose!:p

Good work, Nic!:cool:

nicholasstanko
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks Sinsemilla! I'm glad i finally got at least you and Delta9 on my side. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything I just dont think it's right that someone just pops in and tries to take advantage of persons on this message board. I automatically knew something was wrong when "she" made the mistake of mentioning that she formerly was a high level consultant but mysteriously the instant she needs some money shes broke beyond words? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Keep toking guys.

mcozzy1
06-01-2005, 07:21 AM
If you're serious, go to your local DES office and they'll help.

If you're not serious, you should have been more careful with your "gay" references. On one hand, you're calling people "faggots" which is something that homosexual people do not do anger. On the other hand, you're saying you take sexual pleasure from putting a broomstick in a man's butt. Hmmmm....you should have decided whether or not your "character" was gay or not before writing.

Delta9
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1019.htm

RidingHigh
06-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Everyone just needs to smoke a blunt and Stop with all the caps. Nic y so much anger? if you kno this is fake y make ur self look like a ass? just dont read thepost. No offence to anyone just how i feel.

nicholasstanko
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Well "no offense" RH BUT that way of thinking is pretty dangerous. I take these posts very seriously. I dont know about you but i tend to expect people to hold some integrity on these posts. When I first started reading these posts I saw a bunch of people complaining about why weed should be legalised and why people dont like smokers. HOW can we be expected to be taken seriously if we ourselves dont? I don't know but if I feel someone is making something up then im going to call them out on it and stop them as best i can. Sure i may look like an insensitive ass but i dont care because im not going to let anyone take advantage of any person on these boards.

haha
06-28-2005, 01:54 AM
To all of you with misdemeanors on your records, check your state laws to see if employers can even LEGALLY find out of you have a misdemeanor. From what I've been told by people that are involved in the judicial system, LEGALLY, an employer can not find out if you have a misdemeanor on your record, but they can find out if you have a felony.

WalkaWalka
08-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Wow thats fucked up but hey i think ima go smoke some kind bud lol

Fattie
08-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Any legal record is public knowledge to people over 17 in some states and 18 in others.