PDA

View Full Version : the smell of my crop.....and my parents.

pulpdog
04-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Alright people. how are we all doing? riteo.....ive decided to start and put my home grown gange plan into action.....in my room in a big cupboard i have.

im gonna put a lock on the cupboard and tell my parents its for valubles or something, i dont want them opening it and finding my plants. im gonna get a lock for my door also, extra security.

how noticable is the smell of 4 plants? im hopefully grow 4 at full size eventually. start with 10 seeds and pick the 4 best after vegetive stage. im gona install a fan but will that clear the smell or just extract it from the cupboard and send it round the room? wot about those ionising things that neutralise the odor......i think i mite have to use incense or something, the smell is the biggest risk. wot do the rest of you do? any young ppl here grow with parents living in the house?

PuLp dOG

420travis
04-17-2004, 11:24 PM
hey im 15 and i been growing for 2 years and i grow 6 plants at a time in my closet
n e way i aways used a *ozone Generator* it will keep the smell down

Razer
04-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I wish I was that ballsy when I was at home. I snuck out regularly and took a vehicle unbeknownst to my folks. I even hitch hiked and jumped freight trains, but never grew in the house my parents lived in.

Good Luck.

Light leaks could be a problem, check it out before the plants are present. Also, heat is going to be an issue, a fan won't cool by itself, especially in a small enclosed area.
**** This is the important part ****
If you do not introduce fresh air regularly and circulate it, you will end up with sickly whispy buds at best.

Think it through. You need good light, Air flow, water (with good drainage), and fertilizer. Maybe there is a way, but it won't be simple in a cupboard. I hope you will get enough from your efforts to make it worth the risk. :cool:

JohnWetwire
04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Dont think I would use a cupboard, but this is my first grow. (Wish i had a digital cam!) I live with parents, too..and im trying two very large cardboard boxes stuck together in a cabinet fashion, only the top open. fan in the back

pulpdog
04-19-2004, 03:41 PM
a locked cupboard in my bedroom seemed to be easier than setting large cardboard boxes somewhere....bit more suspicious. lighting is ok. i bought 2 fluorescent tubes at 30W each. im installing a 4 inch fan at the back of the cupboard. i got some tin foil im sticking to some plywood to angle in slightly, so that the tinfoil is closer to the plant, kinda like this below.

|\ lights /<~~~plyboard with tinfoil
| \ ******** / |
| \ / |
| \ |----| / |
| \ | pot | / |
| \ | |/ |<~~wall

the cupboard is 42" x 22" x 34"

im planning on 4 plants of about 1-2 foot before i start force flowering.

pulpdog
04-19-2004, 03:41 PM
ignore that bit with the crappy picture, it turned out wrong coz the html fucked up

Tech
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Do you think you could put a lock on your cupboard door and your parents belive there is just valubles in there?????
What about the hum of the fan?
The smell will be very hard to eliminate even with charcoal filters.
And keeping the best four after veging ? If your lucky you will only have 4 female plants to flower out of ten seeds anyway.

Parents arn,t stupid , they know the score.
And six coppers banging on your door to come and take you and your parents away isn,t much fun either.

I would go for an outdoor crop at this time of year untill you got your own place , if you can find a place to plant.

Good luck and be carefull.
Disco....

david420
04-20-2004, 04:06 AM
yeah parents r smarter than they look

david420
04-20-2004, 04:06 AM
unfortunately

Omerta
05-04-2004, 10:11 PM
do you have a attic?
if you do,put your plant's up there it will be alot safer
im gonna do that the attic

az666
05-05-2004, 11:34 AM
how do you force flower??? i've got 6 plants and live with my parents my dads a cop and he must know cause i don't have a lock on the door of my room so all they have to do is walk in! can any one help cause i think my plants are growing too tall too fast

Lit Up
05-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Jesus Christ people get some brains!! Peace

CjL

Jointeffort
05-08-2004, 07:31 PM
your dad is a cop he'll cover for ya, hahaha, put them in a pot and get them out side. you can make them flower at anytime, just decrease the amount of light they receive.