PDA

View Full Version : the smell of my crop.....and my parents.

pulpdog
04-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Alright people. how are we all doing? riteo.....ive decided to start and put my home grown gange plan into action.....in my room in a big cupboard i have.

im gonna put a lock on the cupboard and tell my parents its for valubles or something, i dont want them opening it and finding my plants. im gonna get a lock for my door also, extra security.

how noticable is the smell of 4 plants? im hopefully grow 4 at full size eventually. start with 10 seeds and pick the 4 best after vegetive stage. im gona install a fan but will that clear the smell or just extract it from the cupboard and send it round the room? wot about those ionising things that neutralise the odor......i think i mite have to use incense or something, the smell is the biggest risk. wot do the rest of you do? any young ppl here grow with parents living in the house?

PuLp dOG

friendwithweed
04-18-2004, 03:14 AM
lol 4 full out plants?!?!?! no your rtoom with RANK you will need some hectic charcoal filters to filter the smell ......if u wanna grow full out plants start your plants inside and then once u find out the sex and u kno its female then put it outside in a field the results will be MUCH better because then the plant can grow to its FULL exctent(sp) sorry if my spellings shit i'm pretty drunk/stoned+

pulpdog
04-18-2004, 11:41 AM
ok well i have the space for 4 full sized but maybe i wont.....should i force flower them when they are smaller then?will there be less smell? i just want the "best bud to time" ratio here. Ill probly start flowering them at 1- 2 foot. what u think?

friendwithweed
04-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Size has nothing to do with smell your plants....it will still rank up the whole area of ur house like i said before you best bet is to put them outside and they will flower on there own and grow to there full extent.

king cola
04-18-2004, 09:08 PM
i wudnt try and bother growing if ur parents dont know, i tried it and i soon got busted by my mum,(but she dont care no more so i grow lots of weed.) grow outdoors man, easier, safer, bigger buds(i think?), cheaper, less risky, takes care of its self with lighting and water, you can leave them alone on their own for ages and they're still alive when u return a month later.

happy growing.

markomon
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
check out cannabisculture.com this will give you access to self contained grow room/cabinents for sale better if you click on pot-tv.net any one of the videos will have sun cell products for sale.-by the way free marc emery!!

ZeldaG.
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
lol i am in the same situation as you but i havnt thout of hte smell yet, i plan to only have 2 plants in a pretty small cabinet, lol I am hoping that they dont recognise it ill put up a room odorizer and say its that lol.
I done the same, i got a lock on my door (not the cabinet yet) and there is light cracks in the door of the cabinet lol so i lean a folded up chair with a jumper on it against the door lol and when parents do come in its like a big MIssion impossible where i sit, adrenaline pumping through me, and they like talk or get somethoing and leave, and i sigh with relief lol...

good luck! hope you dont get caught!

SmokeyDope
06-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I grew a plant a few summers back, and man does it smell! Even 1 plant will make your room smell of the funky shit (unless your room has an odor already). SERIOUSLY, do it outside!

Zandor
06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Alright people. how are we all doing? riteo.....ive decided to start and put my home grown gange plan into action.....in my room in a big cupboard i have.

im gonna put a lock on the cupboard and tell my parents its for valubles or something, i dont want them opening it and finding my plants. im gonna get a lock for my door also, extra security.

how noticable is the smell of 4 plants? im hopefully grow 4 at full size eventually. start with 10 seeds and pick the 4 best after vegetive stage. im gona install a fan but will that clear the smell or just extract it from the cupboard and send it round the room? wot about those ionising things that neutralise the odor......i think i mite have to use incense or something, the smell is the biggest risk. wot do the rest of you do? any young ppl here grow with parents living in the house?

PuLp dOG

It's not cool to grow in your parents home dude with out their permission.....they have a lot to loose. You should wait until you are out on your own and away from their home. They deserve more respect then that imo.

jamstigator
06-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Going solely by the title of the post, I have to ask: your parents smell? ;)

krustythfreakinclown
06-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Do a guerilla grow outdoors instead.

I guarantee you will get busted, even if you try to grow ONE plant, due to the smell.

aboutnothing
06-27-2006, 02:05 AM
They will know for sure. Good luck.

MrGreenFingaz
06-27-2006, 03:15 PM
i grew 2 plants in my closet with flouros a while back, Northern lightsXBig Bud from nirvana (id recommend getting this for your 1st grow) its good yeilds, dank shit, and low odour. My room smelt a lil skunky but i was fine with a room freshener. You cant just say any plant is gonna stink up the house because some strains wont.

justaseed
06-27-2006, 07:30 PM
DO NOT GROW IN A HOUSE WITHOUT THE OWNERS KNOWLEDGE/PERMISSION!
you will be risking your parents reputation, careers, home and FREEDOM just to smoke a little bud. i will assume you haven't givin much thought to what could happen if leo found out or else you wouldn't be attempting to grow in your parents house without them knowing. it is a much safer, more responsible and mature choice to grow outdoors. imo, there is not much chance of successfully hiding a grow from someone living in the same house with it unless they are extremely unobservent and don't have a sense of smell. what ever you decide to do good luck. oh yeah, don't forgot about the karma you could incurr by doing what you are proposing, is it worth it?

notorious P.O.T
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
i agree with justaseed here thats a lot of risk for ur parents.. and its pretty shitty to do it behind their back... i grow in my parents house but their totally cool with it...one day half joking around i said to my dad that i wanted to grow and hes like thats cool id rather you have stuff that you know is 100% pure rather then shit that dum ass dealers around here fuck with.... and he helped me trick out the grow room and everything.. so just ask man there are sum cool parents out there ... like mine:dance:

chef423
07-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Dont mean to be the dick here, but why are al of you 16 yr olds trying to always grow weed???? Wait until you are an ADULT, have your own place, AND A JOB, yes, A JOB. No need to be a worthless hippie...we have to many of those in this country.

Hazzy View
07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
for my grow in the beggining my mom didn't kno bout it but then i told her and she was chill with it and now i grow with a proper setup. you'd be suprised how cool your parents can be but under no cirucumstances should you grow with out your parents permission. i was really sweattin the smell too when my mom didn't kno bout it but now its chill. you really are putting a shit load of risk on your parents if you grow without them knowing. not such a hot idea... my :twocents:

Kaparski
07-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Ya seriously, Dont do it.

Im living with my girlfriend and its a bitch to even get the thing started and working without her worries or complaining...it only leads to trouble if you dont tell them. Just grow outside. And dont tell ANYONE your growing dope (this will be your savor for the rest of your life)

stifnek
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Hello you lot. Great posts by the way. I hear you man.
With regards to the outside growing, I'm in the UK. I have recently germinated a few Grapefruit seeds from Femaleseeds.nl. I'll set up one, once started in the hydro, and I'm planning on whacking the other in some dirt in the garden. Is it too late in the year for anything to happen from it growing outside?
Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

lowryderulez
09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm kinda in the same situation only, i told my parents i'm growing hemp, and i showed my mum on the internet that hemp is legal coz she thinks their both the same. So now everythings cool, i said i'll still smoke it and she didnt mind. My dads always in a different world so he don't care.
I'm growing in my bros room who is helpin me out. To stop the odour i use a timed air freshener. I'm also growing chillis, herbs and tomatoes as they'll give off different odours, plus its making my parents appreciate it as i'm giving them the plants. I bought a low smelling strain and also open a window so the problem of smell is GONE!

stinkyattic
09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
why not help him he is going to do it anyway so why not help him do it right?

For my conscience.

I believe that young aspiring pot growers should spend their summer vacation helping out their parents in the garden, learning, instead of sneaking around.
Then when they start growing, it will just come naturally.

And your parents will be proud of you for having a green thumb, istead of ashamed that they raised a dishonest little shit who cares more about getting high than he does about his family.

So for all you young'uns, go hang out in the veggie society forum and OPEN your minds!

BobBong
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
For my conscience.

I believe that young aspiring pot growers should spend their summer vacation helping out their parents in the garden, learning, instead of sneaking around.
Then when they start growing, it will just come naturally.

And your parents will be proud of you for having a green thumb, istead of ashamed that they raised a dishonest little shit who cares more about getting high than he does about his family.

So for all you young'uns, go hang out in the veggie society forum and OPEN your minds!

Best Advice. Ever.

orangeman
09-12-2006, 08:37 PM
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=82239

Dazed4now
09-12-2006, 08:40 PM
you could prolly get away....with a clone...1 clone....maybe

budzy malone
09-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Smells like teen spirit in here. Here is some deoderant. If that don't work I'll have to ground you and then we'll spend some quality time together getting rid of the evidence. Shit dude, get some incense, fans, do what ever, man you don't want to get kicked out of the house, damn.

Bodom Children Of
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Make your own carbon scrubber, make your grow box air tight and push all the 'bad' air through your scrubber.

ZeldaG.
09-19-2006, 03:49 PM
lol guess what you people are right i got caught, not because of the smell but they sorta found my babies... :/ lol anyway they told me to get rid of them so i took them to s a stream behind my house and gaden than kept going there to look after them and my parents said the neighbours wilkl get suspicious so my dad helped me set up a space in my gareden and hide it form neighbours and all that :D :D :D :D and the outside grow went quite good here pics for anyone who cares, now i cant wait till next year when i can do a proper outside grow :D :D :D :D

MastaChronic
10-01-2006, 11:48 PM
yo man, tell your parents. simple as that