PDA

View Full Version : Need an EXPERT to answer a tricky question

buds4becca
04-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Whats up yall, I'm buds4becca and I'm new to this site. I have a question for all of you hydro enthusiasts out there.

<<HERES THE QUESTION>>

My best friend in Austin, Texas swears up and down that all hydroponically grown marijuana has hollow stems, and will not buy a sack of any bud called hydro that does not have hollow stems. I have asked countless people about this, and it seems that people from Austin generally think this way, while people from Houston, Texas call just about all good weed "dro". Most of the "hydro" that I purchase is from Houstonites, and the stems in the sack are seldom hollow inside. My friend holds that these people are lying about the quality of their bud.

So...

What determines the structure of the stem? Is it:
The growing method used
The quality and/or health of the plant
The part of the plant
The strain of bud
or something else?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Tech
04-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I,ve been growing close on eight years and never noticed the stems being hollow or not.
I have got a piece of bud infront of me and yes it is hollow ,hehe and i grew it hydoponicly.
But i haven,t got any soil grown bud so I can,t say , but i would bet that the stems have nothing to do with how it was grown.
Maybee it,s to d with breed of plant , I think that would be more phesable.
An ol wives tale that be i say.

Disco....

sensiskunk
04-20-2004, 01:25 AM
all marijuana stems are hollow m8. how else would water travel throughout the plant? Hydro is not weed, its simply a method of growing. Hydro is not a strain, so dont call it that!

dumass
06-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Please tell me that if I can find a stalk of the proper size that with a little effort I could use it to smoke!!!! :eek: F@#$ the apples.............

tumbleweed
07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Dumass i have long thought of the stalk pipe and i
have yet to see a dry stem that would suffice for smoking
the biggest ive seen could probably have only been a
one hitter and would have needed to be drilled out more
since the holes in the stem really arent that big just
big enought for the plant to drink water