PDA

View Full Version : Christians

sharpezor
05-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Are there any Christians here?

Well, I am Christian and there seems to be a lot of people on these boards who hardly know anything about Christianity. If you have any questions for me id be glad to give my best answer. Don't ask anything ignorant or stupid please.

Gumby
05-16-2005, 11:45 AM
to you have to belive in the bible to be a christian?? I hope you dont tak this as a stupid question. It's just I was raised christian, so I started reading the bible, and at 15 I knew that it was too much of myth rather than truth and can't believe in the bible, so is there anyway of being a christian without it? Like have you read the dead sea scrolls? or heard of the books of Mary? Shit the catholic church didn't put it's spin on when it wrote the bible?

Gumby
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh ya, I've always wondered this too... if there was an ark, with all the animals in the world? And the bible gives the dimensions of the ark, something like 100 yards x 70 yards x 50 yards? Where did noah keep the dinosaurs? And why didn't they write about that? Oh ya and there are almost a half a million types of beatles... did they all get there own cage? And since they were on that thing for a year, and some animals don't live longer than a year, does that mean they breed them? And isn't that insest? That's a sin right? I'd think if we had a God that was smart enough to create this world he'd think of a better way to 'start over' than that don't you?

mellow mood
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
i think there was a big bang before but long time ago humans didnt know that. so they invented a simple reason: god created earth. now we know the truth, but christians are like: no no, this was a "metaphore". but actually i guess when humans wrote bible they beleived in that to get an answer. if u read carefully bible your gonna see many stupid things that just dont work.

JSTA
05-16-2005, 04:47 PM
I never understood the devil. Why would someone be sent to hell and tortured for disobeying God. I mean, wouldn't the devil be like, "yea, thats cool, I don't like God either". That may sound dumb, but I never fully understood that.

U4EUH
05-17-2005, 01:01 AM
shit man read the fuckin bible and i mean the whole fuckin bible

then come back an tell me you still christian

mellow mood
05-17-2005, 02:05 AM
lol i can alrdy tell you im not and i didnt even read the 1/100!!!! lol

GHoSToKeR
05-17-2005, 02:24 AM
I never understood the devil. Why would someone be sent to hell and tortured for disobeying God. I mean, wouldn't the devil be like, "yea, thats cool, I don't like God either". That may sound dumb, but I never fully understood that.
wow! I've never even thought of that! Why WOULD the devil punish you for not believing in God? lol

(Ima ask my mum tomorrow, or another religious person.. I can pretty much tell you what theyre going to say already, though.. it'll be something like "Well, the Bible says that Satan enjoys torturing people.. thats why he makes people do bad things")

PS: Heres a fact for you: Satan doesnt make people do bad things, people do bad things out of their own free will.

sharpezor
05-17-2005, 02:56 AM
to you have to belive in the bible to be a christian?? I hope you dont tak this as a stupid question. It's just I was raised christian, so I started reading the bible, and at 15 I knew that it was too much of myth rather than truth and can't believe in the bible, so is there anyway of being a christian without it? Like have you read the dead sea scrolls? or heard of the books of Mary? Shit the catholic church didn't put it's spin on when it wrote the bible?

You have to accept Jesus into your heat to be Christian, and you have to accept that he is the lord god. If you ask for forgiveness, it will defiantly be given no matter what the sin.

and also, dinosaurs where already extinct they didnâ??t need to go on the ark.

Gumby
05-17-2005, 06:29 PM
so why not live your life as you wish and on your death bed ask for forgiveness?? Why must you repent and practice anything?? Your religion is too biased and unwilling to change to work. It was a good idea and started with great intentions, but when it became involved with power and money it went down the shitter... and now that science is proving and discovering a lot of things unknown in biblical times unconformity is hindering christianity. But I'd wish you'd just think about what you believed before you believe it... other than that think what your heart wishes...

stickygreenlightsabr
05-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Ok, so theres about 100,000,000,000 stars in the average galaxy and about 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the known universe. This is a total of about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe. Let's say that there's intelliegent life in one out of every hundred billion stars... shit, at those odds I'll probably get hit by lightning while recovering from my shark attack at the pool first!

With those odds, that means theres still another HUNDRED BILLION planets out there with intelligent life.

Do you seriously think humans 2,000 years ago had any idea what they were talking about? Haha...

mrdevious
05-18-2005, 02:20 AM
a few questions....

1. Did Adam and Eve's kids have sex with each other or their parents?

2. Same goes for the critters on noa's ark.

3. Why are we all so certain mary was a virgin just on her word? I mean if she was screwin around, it sounds like a good cover to me.

4. Why would god even punish or reward us based on our actions? I mean if he's supposed to be all knowing and omnipitant and in control of everything, creater of all that is, isn't it his failing if we fuck up? (note: that was taken from Einstein, not mine).

5. Should all those poor eastern folk, as well as anyone from 1 B.C. and down really be condemned to an eternity of agony because jesus never even TOLD them of the "true way"?

and if you ask me, god's a buddhist :D

GHoSToKeR
05-18-2005, 02:50 AM
god's a rasta.. he was high when he made giraffes

Gumby
05-18-2005, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=stickygreenlightsabr]Ok, so theres about 100,000,000,000 stars in the average galaxy and about 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the known universe. This is a total of about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe.

don't mean to be particular about it but most of those stars aren't like ours, and most of the galaxies aren't like ours. We are an exception to the rule. I agree that there is life out there and that we aren't alone... but I don't think the chances are as great as you're making them out to be. There is also a major difference between life and intelligent life, which will cut your odds down a little more...

Oh, and I'm not really sure how big that number is but I've heard that there are more stars in our galaxy than grains of sand on the earth, and that's a shit ton.

Kid Dynamite
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh ya, I've always wondered this too... if there was an ark, with all the animals in the world? And the bible gives the dimensions of the ark, something like 100 yards x 70 yards x 50 yards? Where did noah keep the dinosaurs? And why didn't they write about that? Oh ya and there are almost a half a million types of beatles... did they all get there own cage? And since they were on that thing for a year, and some animals don't live longer than a year, does that mean they breed them? And isn't that insest? That's a sin right? I'd think if we had a God that was smart enough to create this world he'd think of a better way to 'start over' than that don't you?

*cough*metaphor*cough*

although i think itd be interesting to put your questions to some of those fundamentalists who take the bible as law.

maybe the ark was like the tardis (sorry yanks)

stickygreenlightsabr
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
don't mean to be particular about it but most of those stars aren't like ours, and most of the galaxies aren't like ours. We are an exception to the rule. I agree that there is life out there and that we aren't alone... but I don't think the chances are as great as you're making them out to be. There is also a major difference between life and intelligent life, which will cut your odds down a little more...

Oh, and I'm not really sure how big that number is but I've heard that there are more stars in our galaxy than grains of sand on the earth, and that's a shit ton.
You're right and wrong, the average star out there is smaller, redder, and cooler than our Sun but the average galaxy is a spiral galaxy, proportional to our own Milky Way. We are not an exception to the rule, we're a product of probability over the course of 14 billion years.

We can make the odds of intelligent life to be on 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars and my point is still made.

stickygreenlightsabr
05-18-2005, 03:18 PM
That's true and there's also about the same number of galaxies as there are stars. So imagine that every grain of sand on Earth is a galaxy and every one of those grains then has as many stars as the grains of sand again... if that made sense. >_<

Gumby
05-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh i know i totally agree with you... the thing with the galaxies is that most don't have a set of rock planets and a set of gaseos planet... they are mainly, or all that we can see right now, are surrounded by larger planets made of gas, much like if Jupiter were to be were venus would be... the Keiper (sp) Belt is what makes our home a little different and gives us the protection we need for the more rockier planets.

The new trend is to try and find moons that are more like the earth because they may last less time than a planet... if these planets are big enough, and far enough from the sun the moons should be habitibal, atleast for other forms of life.

My professor at UF just found the largest sun in the galaxy to date, or is still in the process of mapping/writing about it. That to me is amazing...

Gumby
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
sticky I didn't mean to nullify your argument... i agree... i just think that life is a little more precious than numbers... we're a real big mistake if you think about the world in astronomy.

amsterdam
05-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh i know i totally agree with you... the thing with the galaxies is that most don't have a set of rock planets and a set of gaseos planet... they are mainly, or all that we can see right now, are surrounded by larger planets made of gas, much like if Jupiter were to be were venus would be... the Keiper (sp) Belt is what makes our home a little different and gives us the protection we need for the more rockier planets.

The new trend is to try and find moons that are more like the earth because they may last less time than a planet... if these planets are big enough, and far enough from the sun the moons should be habitibal, atleast for other forms of life.

My professor at UF just found the largest sun in the galaxy to date, or is still in the process of mapping/writing about it. That to me is amazing...

your professor is going to be an extremely rich man.the world will be waiting for his book.

Stedric
05-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm an agnostic, and I think quibbling over religion is a really stupid thing to do.

Gumby
05-18-2005, 04:23 PM
this was the coolest teacher i've had... he use to tell us about his telescope in chile and different part of the world and he'd talk about smoking alot... so I knew he just got really baked and look at the sky all night long. A dream job of mine. I don't think it'll be a book writing find, but it's a big one... he kinda let it slip one day and told us jokingly not to tell anyone. But I'm thinking it's been a year or so.

and stedric, the only thing worse about quibbling about religion is quibbling about quibbling over religion, so go post on a different thread if you don't want to talk about it ok :)

amsterdam
05-18-2005, 04:27 PM
that wii be a book deal for sure.

Gumby
05-18-2005, 04:44 PM
from what i can remember him saying... and i went high to that class all the time, was that it wasn't anything special in the sky but it was that way because it was so far away. It looked like an average star but when they tried to look at it specifically they realized that it was much further away but still as bright and big. But imagine if you were the guy who found the biggest thing ever, that's gotta just be cool in itself. I hope that he does get a book though, great guy

amsterdam
05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
very cool!i

sawleaf
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
I am a Christian, but to me religion is a very personal thing. You are wasting your time if you think you can preach to others and they will understand your views automatically. This site is full of thousands of different people with many different view points, and you can't expect everyone to agree with your views. Just live your life for the Lord and don't push your views on anyone else. Everyone has different views and I respect and accept others for who they are. I personally don't take the Bible literally. To me, it is not so much a history book, as it is a guide book. Yes you are right, there are a lot of people who stereotype Christians and really know nothing about Christianity, but can you blame them for their ignorance? There so many different types of Christians out there and most people form stereotypes based on bad experiences. People get the wrong idea about Christianity, because it is warped now. Organized religion is what causes people to stray from the true meaning of it. Wheather it be Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc. No religion starts out bad. It is man who corrupts it, yet we always like to blame the religion.

Gumby
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM
sawleaf you're the first and best christian i've met who has faith.... I admire you. I was a christian, but then stopped believing when i started questioning, but the fact that you believe that and are a christian is a great thing. I wish christianity was what you think it is... this world would be a better place.

would i be a hyprocryte if I said that you should go around and preach what you believe and orginize a church around it... j/j

sawleaf
05-18-2005, 05:09 PM
sawleaf you're the first and best christian i've met who has faith.... I admire you. I was a christian, but then stopped believing when i started questioning, but the fact that you believe that and are a christian is a great thing. I wish christianity was what you think it is... this world would be a better place.

would i be a hyprocryte if I said that you should go around and preach what you believe and orginize a church around it... j/j

Wow thanks! I'm not the preaching type, so I'll pass on that. It's good to question things though. That's how you learn and form your own personal opinion on things. It's the acceptance without questioning that has caused organized religion to become corrupted. :)

mrdevious
05-18-2005, 06:47 PM
. I wish christianity was what you think it is... this world would be a better place.
j/j

Well, christianity, islam, buddhism, Taoism, judaiism (sp?) and many others are wonderfull things, but so long as the world is full of people who are ignorant, judgmental, and closed-minded, these faiths will never reach their full potential. This is why buddha was so adament about freeing yourself of ignorance and greed, they're two of the main causes of religions being bastardized.

EDIT: ah, and thankyou sawleaf, that's what I was trying to get with buddha's view on ignorance, is that he discouraged blind faith in place of logical thinking. :)

sharpezor
05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
well put sawleaf!

mellow mood
05-18-2005, 10:46 PM
even if humans corrupts religion, its always ending with violence. the WORST AND WORST wars are bout religions. thats stupid. i think nobody can understand god. humans wrote a book abo ut god as if it was sooo simple. i dont wanna waste my time being in a religion created by humans. i guess there may be a superior force, but even there, im not sure. anyway i still fully respect any others opinions. but thats just mine :)

Stedric
05-19-2005, 06:38 AM
and stedric, the only thing worse about quibbling about religion is quibbling about quibbling over religion, so go post on a different thread if you don't want to talk about it ok :)
Sorry, I wasn't trying to start anything. I was trying to say that just because I'm non-christian doesn't mean I have any spite for the religion (just those who do awful things in its name). Could have phrased it better, my bad.

stickygreenlightsabr
05-19-2005, 10:14 AM
the thing with the galaxies is that most don't have a set of rock planets and a set of gaseos planet... they are mainly, or all that we can see right now, are surrounded by larger planets made of gas, much like if Jupiter were to be were venus would be...
That's because we can't detect small rocky planets with even the best resolution. We can barely see small pertubations on different stars due to massive Jupiter like planets.

the Keiper (sp) Belt is what makes our home a little different and gives us the protection we need for the more rockier planets.
Where are you getting this information?

I'm not trying to debate, just curiosity. I happen to be a semester away from getting my B.S. in Astronomy.

I don't agree that we are a mistake. Were just the result of an infinite amount of subatomic particles dancing around in space. 8)

stickygreenlightsabr
05-19-2005, 10:18 AM
It looked like an average star but when they tried to look at it specifically they realized that it was much further away but still as bright and big.
Got anymore info? Location? Telescope and technique used? There have been NUMEROUS times where massive stars with over 100 solar masses have been discovered... later to be resolved as a binary system or simply bad data.

I hate to hijack a Christina thread with science... but, oh well...

Gumby
05-21-2005, 05:59 AM
Where are you getting this information?

I'm not trying to debate, just curiosity. I happen to be a semester away from getting my B.S. in Astronomy.

I don't agree that we are a mistake. Were just the result of an infinite amount of subatomic particles dancing around in space. 8)

I get most of my info from things I have read or watched... ever since i've been young I've had a weird thing for space. It's a subject I enjoy learning about and seem to understand and can think about in a different manner.

See, I think we are a mistake... because if you think about it we have evolved intelligently as humans for at most a few million years, and within the past 200 years have only discovered part of our own planet. If this universe is as old as I think it is there are billions and billions of years inwhich no evolution of intelligence occured, otherwise they would have millions of years to figure out how to travel through space. A challange humans figures out in a second compared to the life of the universe.

I just think that if there was even another planet with life in our solar system the chances that they took the same evolutionary path as us and became intelligent is too unlikely. So one planet out of a solar system isn't that great. Yes I think there is life out there and it's probably on a large amount of planets and moons... but if it was as even as close to being as smart as we are I don't see how we could not have known of thier existance, or why they would not make sure we knew they existed.

Gumby
05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Got anymore info? Location? Telescope and technique used? There have been NUMEROUS times where massive stars with over 100 solar masses have been discovered... later to be resolved as a binary system or simply bad data.

I hate to hijack a Christina thread with science... but, oh well...

no data he wouldn't let that slip... like i said it was just one day during class when it slipped what he had been working on... i guess it was on his mind. But it wasn't a binary star, and am sure it wasn't bad data. He sounded as if he had been watching and mapping it's movement and had it pretty well documented at the time.

Don Dimitri
06-05-2005, 01:34 PM
I am a Christian, but to me religion is a very personal thing. You are wasting your time if you think you can preach to others and they will understand your views automatically. This site is full of thousands of different people with many different view points, and you can't expect everyone to agree with your views. Just live your life for the Lord and don't push your views on anyone else. Everyone has different views and I respect and accept others for who they are. I personally don't take the Bible literally. To me, it is not so much a history book, as it is a guide book. Yes you are right, there are a lot of people who stereotype Christians and really know nothing about Christianity, but can you blame them for their ignorance? There so many different types of Christians out there and most people form stereotypes based on bad experiences. People get the wrong idea about Christianity, because it is warped now. Organized religion is what causes people to stray from the true meaning of it. Wheather it be Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc. No religion starts out bad. It is man who corrupts it, yet we always like to blame the religion.
... Well put bro.. i am a Christian, but wasnt always...
i struggled for years to give up cigaretts and booze and other harmfull substances, but it wasnt untill i repented of my sins and accepted Christ that i found a new strength to overcome my lower nature.. i can honestly say i have never been happier..
i know where i am going when i die..
i still gro and smoke my own, God created the herb so what man is to deny it - only the man against God and nature..
I do not go in for all this American bullshit capitalist evangelism..Benny HIN and the like.. man they are evil.. Billy graham and Hin are both rumered to be hi up in the MASONS..and have strong connections with the whore of babylon -the Catholic church.. :(

smokin poet
07-29-2005, 09:11 PM
HOW COME WHITE CHRISTIANS USED TO HANG BLACK CHRISTIANS FROM TREES??????

F L E S H
07-30-2005, 03:25 AM
That doesn't mean anything. Ever heard of the Thirty Years' War? Int he 17th century in Europe, there was widespread war and civil war because of mass conversions to protestantism. That's white Europeans killing white europeans, in the name of one brand of christianity against another... Shit happens in the name of religion all the time, but it doesn't mean the religion actually condones it.

mrdevious
07-30-2005, 04:47 AM

Was your intention to link these actions with the philosophy of christianity?

MrsDarkIdol
08-04-2005, 06:23 AM
The timeline that the bible allows for the human species is not scientifically possible. You cannot deny our evolution. Or deny any evolution at all, which is exactly what the bible does.

I was raised a JW and I have read the whole bible, and it's a story.

I think some people need religion but that for the most part it has done more harm then good.

MrsDarkIdol
08-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Just wanted to say as well though that just because I do not believe in "God" in the sense christianity does, does not mean I am not a spiritual person.
I believe God is energy. Everything is god.

F L E S H
08-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Just wanted to say as well though that just because I do not believe in "God" in the sense christianity does, does not mean I am not a spiritual person.
I believe God is energy. Everything is god.
I agree. God is in all of us, he's our conscience, our ability to reason, our ability to surpass ourselves, our potential. That's god.

SpiritualExcess
08-13-2005, 09:46 PM
:O I'm Christian!
and high.

WalkaWalka
08-20-2005, 06:56 AM
lol Dont stereotype the Christians Stereotype the Baptists there the ones into details

ermitonto
08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
You have to accept Jesus into your heat to be Christian, and you have to accept that he is the lord god. If you ask for forgiveness, it will defiantly be given no matter what the sin.

and also, dinosaurs where already extinct they didnâ??t need to go on the ark.

Wrong. If you actually read the Bible, you would find out that in Matthew 12:31 (http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/mt/12.html#31) it says "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." I have committed this blasphemy (by stating that the Holy Ghost does not exist), so if the Bible is true I am going to Hell no matter if I accept Jesus or what.

And if you still believe in that Noah's Ark myth, please consider the following:
http://question-everything.mahost.org/Philosophy/eden.html

Creationists claim that there was a great flood that covered all the Earth in water and that a man named Noah built a giant ark and saved all animal species by carrying them on it. However, there are many problems associated with such an idea. These range from problems with constructing the Ark itself, gathering the animals and problems in the geological record.

Building an ark of this size would have been extremely hard, if not impossible. The ark was supposed to be made out of wood, yet wood is not a very good ship building material. Today, the longest wooden ships are approximately 300 feet long while the Ark is supposed to be 450 feet long. Todayâ??s ships have iron reinforcing and have such horrendous leaks that they have to constantly pump water out of the ship to keep it afloat. If today, with our all our modern technological gadgets, we can barely keep a 300 foot ark afloat, then there is no way that a man living several thousands of years ago working with inferior technology could make a 450 foot ark (Dorman, et al.)

It would also be extremely hard to gather the animals. There are many different types of animals from all over the world. Noah could not gather all of them together into his Ark. Some species, like penguins, canâ??t even travel on land very fast. Many species lived in different climates and could not have survived the climate change. Other species, like Koalas, require a special diet to survive. All the animals could not have possibly lived near Noah. Even if the environment had been suitable to all animals (which, to date, no such an environment has ever been found) the increased competition from all the different species would have driven some extinct (Dorman, et al.).

A global flood would also have certain implications that differ from collected evidence. Ice cores from Greenland have been recovered and examined and show no evidence of a world wide flood. A world wide flood would leave air bubbles, changes in salinity and a layer of sediments. This flood should also have broken up the polar ice caps, yet they still exist. It would have taken a very long time for them to grow back, much longer than the time between now and when the flood supposedly occurred. The Greenland ice cap couldnâ??t even grow back under modern conditions (Dorman, et al.).

Many creationists claim that a large portion of species died off during the flood and that this accounts for the large number of fossils found. Once again, there are problems with this assertion. First, animals would probably die off in more or less random orders. The probability of them dying in a manner so that their fossils would be found to be consistent with evolution is extremely low. One would think that at least one dinosaur would have made it to the high grounds with other animals. There shouldnâ??t be any orderly pattern to it, yet there is (Godfrey, et al. 289). Coral reefs hundreds of feet thick and miles wide would not have had enough time to grow over fossils found beneath them. If humans with ship building existed at this time then some of their artifacts or fossils should have been found at much more varied depths, rather then the upper most part of the strata where they are found.

All these animals could not have possibly lived at the same time. Look at the Karoo formation in Africa, which contains the remnants of approximately 800 billion vertebrate animals. Robert E. Sloan, a paleontologist at the University of Minnesota has studied this formation and says that it contains creatures from the size of a small lizard to a cow. If we took each of these animals and evenly spread them throughout the Earth then there would be approximately seven for every Acre on Earth (Godfrey, et al. 289). If we assume, rather conservatively, that the Karoo formation contains 1% of the land fossils on Earth then there must have been 2100 creatures per acre at the time of the flood! Most creatures, let alone a human culture, cannot survive under the circumstances (Dorman, et al.).

If there was a world wide flood then many types of fish should have gone extinct. Rainwater has a different composition then other types of water and would have caused the composition of fishâ??s water to change. Many fish would die off if placed in water with different types of water (Dorman, et al.).

For several reasons it would have been hard for the people and animals in the Ark to survive (Godfrey, et al. 184). Sickness, short lifetimes and predators would have driven several species extinct.

The people in the Ark would have had to be extremely sick. Otherwise all the diseases would have died off. Measles, smallpox and typhus are among the diseases that would have had to be carried by humans. Otherwise these diseases would have become extinct. Other animals must have suffered from specific diseases as there are other diseases that attack specific animals only (Dorman, et al.).

Some short lived species should have become extinct. For example, adult mayflies live only a few days. Their larvae require shallow fresh running water to survive. If the story of Noahâ??s flood is true they should be extinct (Dorman, et al.).

Predators would also have gone extinct. Animals at the top of the food chain must eat animals lower then them to survive. If they had eaten the lower level species then they would be extinct (Dorman, et al.).

There would also be problems with putting the animals back into their respective habitats (Godfrey, et al. 184). Koalas would have had a hard time crossing the necessary oceans to get into Australia. Not to mention the number of species that live on islands. The necessary environments for these species did not exist between the point in which they left the ark and their eventual destination (Dorman, et al.).

F L E S H
08-20-2005, 02:32 PM
don't waste time posting scientific proof, ermitonto. It Science and Reason that creationists are trying to abolish anyway, so you're just wasting your time

jacquelyne
08-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Religion is fine but does not need to be preached to try and convince others.Theres a weird religious nut thats my partners boss believe me he is a fucking nutcase.Some of the rubbish that he comes home and tells me what this weirdo says is unbelievable.Oh yeah he gives the church 1/4 of his pay weekly or has to buy a big gift for jesus (like a new car) how ridiculous because we all know jesus aint getting in that car no matter how much they think its true.Some people are very sadly brainwashed by these stupid religions that started only about 100 yrs ago.This man hates i mean hates black people ??????????????????????? Dosent the lord love everyone regardless ? His kids arent allowed in school activities like sport or anything and if a woman wears makeup she is a heathen.Its just pathetic

iLOVElamp
09-01-2005, 05:32 PM
yo dude i dont think noahs ark was on the grand scale you think. The bible acuatlly says that the known world was flooded and at that time the known world was very small. Today it would consist of the mediterianan countries and maybe some middle east countries. So there for the number of species acutally on noahs ark would be much smaller and dinosours would have been extinct by that time. You have to remeber when the bible was written it was written by men not by god. Its mans interpretation of the religon to teach other men about it. So maybe the bible is a story maybe its not its up to you to decide.

weirdo79
09-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Why does everyone keep insisting dinosaurs are extinct.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsids/avians.html

The only dino's that died out where the big monsters ;).

The rest we call birds now......and lizards.

I personally think that over 90% of the bible is quite literally made up just like the "legends of heracles" they've both got about 10% factual historical information and 90% imagination. I would say I know but then the fundies would come down and spaz, so instead I'll just think that the 99.999999% of evidence that states the bible is historically inaccurate is better than thinking the 0.000001% is immutable fact....

But meh how can you argue with people who call theories unproven .....(an unproven "theory" is a hypothesis, remember everyone h y p o t h e s i s). If its a theory it stands up. Deal with it. If you think because gravity doesnt work 0.00001% the way we thought it would go ahead jump off something and believe your hardest in that 0.000001%. You'll find it surprising no matter how many times you do it.

OzzyOz
09-03-2005, 01:35 AM
i just had to do this

Euphoric
09-03-2005, 02:10 AM
silly christians

OzzyOz
09-03-2005, 02:43 AM
lol
hahaa

Melton420
09-23-2005, 07:36 AM
with all my heart and soul i beleive in god and jesus

meloncoly
09-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Melton420 has the lowest IQ

mrdevious
09-25-2005, 07:04 AM
with all my heart and soul i beleive in god and jesus

not for any particular reason. you know, just because...

beachguy in thongs
09-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Why does everyone keep insisting dinosaurs are extinct.

You know, everyday, there are these duck-like (I can't remember there technical name, my girlfriend calls them geese, but they're not, my father said they were something like, emus, or something) things that swim in and will eat fish (or whatever) as the tides goes in/out, as I'm sitting here at Cannibus.com, looking out my window. I feed them extra food and one time I gave them BBQ Potato Chips.

excuse me

anyway, they look exactly like a tiny dinosaur. Dinosaurs didn't go extinct, they got smaller. I'll take a picture, sometime.

mikeandjenherbals
09-25-2005, 07:53 AM
so many christians

too few lions

BlazinHaze
09-25-2005, 07:57 AM
I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I went to Catholic school for 9 years and by year 8 I considered myself agnostic. I eventually only believed in karma.
Recently, I have begun to believe again. There have been a few events in the last 2 weeks that make me want to believe. I can't call myself Christian again yet, but I might be on my way back.

beachguy in thongs
09-25-2005, 08:03 AM
I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I went to Catholic school for 9 years and by year 8 I considered myself agnostic. I eventually only believed in karma.
Recently, I have begun to believe again. There have been a few events in the last 2 weeks that make me want to believe. I can't call myself Christian again yet, but I might be on my way back.

I went to public school and, once a week, after school, the parishoners of St. Mary's Church would get bussed to their Catholic School for confirmation classes.

All I can say is, you lucky duck.

All those skirts.

BlazinHaze
09-25-2005, 08:04 AM
I went to public school and, once a week, after school, the parishoners of St. Mary's Church would get bussed to their Catholic School for confirmation classes.

All I can say is, you lucky duck.

All those skirts.

I definitely wore the plaid skirt too.

beachguy in thongs
09-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I definitely wore the plaid skirt too.

Oh, that was you!!!

BlazinHaze
09-25-2005, 04:46 PM
haha, look what you've done to a Christian thread...

beachguy in thongs
09-25-2005, 05:55 PM
What did I do? Did I bring dirty thoughts into a Christian thread?

A Catholic thread doesn't give a shit about a Christian thread.

That will make sense, sooner or later.

CloudyDay
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Are there any Christians here?

Well, I am Christian and there seems to be a lot of people on these boards who hardly know anything about Christianity. If you have any questions for me id be glad to give my best answer. Don't ask anything ignorant or stupid please.
Do you think christians should pay taxes to operate
churches inside canada? Do you think the christian
prisoners deserve thier sentence for betrail of the
canadian athorities?

mrdevious
10-10-2005, 06:35 PM
seems that regardless of the claim in the original post, he hasn't answered most (if not all) questions about christianity. perhapse everything that disproves a christian theory is "ignorant".