PDA

View Full Version : Med User Pot Law Q

Thepurplem0nkey
04-16-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey,
Two weeks ago I recieved an official doctors recomendation for legal pot use (I live in CA and took advantage of Prop 215 : D ) for relief of pain associated with my eye disease, Keratoconus. I am now able to smoke marijuanna for medicinal purposes, and am becoming more confident with smoking in public, as is my right, every day. However, I want to remain within the law, and was curious as to wether anyone knows if its legal to smoke on a college campus? I go to a state university, where smoking is allowed. Yet in SB420, it states marijuana may not be smoked in certain areas, such as:

(b) In or within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school, recreation
center, or youth center, unless the medical use occurs within a
residence.

Im not sure if this refers to colleges? Anyone know the letter of the law on this one?
-PM

Niftyfifty
04-16-2004, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't do it at a university... even if they're okay with it. That's just me an the paranoia setting in... if it were legal, I don't think I'd be paranoid.

Thepurplem0nkey
04-17-2004, 06:59 AM
NIfty,
I wish to smoke everywhere and anywhere I can. Since I a, able to LEGALY do so, I should NOT be hastled since I am acting within my rights. Thats just the activist in me though ;-P I want to smoke on my way to class, but want to have calrification of the law beforehand. If anyone knows, lemme know.
-PM

david420
04-17-2004, 06:13 PM
i smoke at the local univercity campus all the time cuz its a nice place to hang out. im only 14 and dont go to univercity but i hang out there with my friends sometimes. just light up a bowl sitting on the bench. the students dont care, but campus security [rent-a-cops] if they see us tell is to move to a different place! lol, but they dont confiscate it or call the cops on us.. im not sure

Thepurplem0nkey
04-17-2004, 09:15 PM
David, LOL. WHile I personaly dont see anything wrong with what you are doing, I'm trying to remain in the LAW, thtas why I want to know the answer to this q. I've smoked before on campus as well, but now that I have a special paper giving me legal rights to smoke weed, I dont want to lose it and therefore want to do the lawful thing rather than the fun thing :-P
-PM

david420
04-19-2004, 01:48 AM
lol ahh ic icicicicic.. maybe your doctor would know? ahaha but dont go blowing smoke on ppl if he says u can smoke there rofl

Smokin Trees
04-20-2004, 12:21 AM
how would i go about getting one of those special papers. i'm in medical need! i live in calif. too . and they just open another club in roseville, next to me.

Thepurplem0nkey
04-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Smokin Trees,
It is YOUR RIGHT, as a citizen of California, to investigate or seek marijuana treatment for whatever your ailment is. That doesnt nessicarily mean you are eligable for the doctors recomendation, but you have the right to seek one : ). Before making any plans, I suggest you read up on the LAW first.
CHeck out the actual proposition, Prop 215 right here:

www.marijuana.org/Ballot%20arg2Text.htm

Also check out the addition to that law, SB420 here:

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0401-0450/sb_420_bill_20031012_chaptered.html

Where do you live at? I know of a doctor in San Francisco, and a doctor down in Lake Forest who advertise as "Pot Doctors". Id be glad to hep you find a doctor in your area.
Keep in mind that the law is pretty borad. If you are suffering from something and marijuanna helps, you might be eligible for a recomendation. My friends got forms and they suffer from ADD and depression. I actualy have an eye disease called Keratoconus. Hope this helped.
-PM