PDA

View Full Version : Great quote

naturalmystic
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Dr. Michio Kaku graduated from Harvard in 1968, summa cum laude (highest honors), and number one in his physics class. He went on to the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory at the University of California in 1972, and in 1973 Dr. Kaku held a lectureship at Princeton University.

"When I look at the night sky, and I see this enormous splendor of stars and galaxies, I sometimes ask the question, how many worlds are we talking about? Well do the math, there are about a 100 billion galaxies that are in the visible universe, and each galaxy in turn, contains about 100 billion stars, you multiply, and you get 10 billion, trillion stars...Well I think it is the height of arogance to believe that we are alone in the universe" - Michio Kaku

A VERY well educated man.

mellow mood
05-14-2005, 08:13 PM
of course were not alone. i still dont unserstand how can someone think we are alone in a universe so big to imagine his splendid immensity.

universe always have fascinated me. i loveee to look at the stars for hours during night really stone. if i could id like to be an astronaut, but thats just impossible i dont wanna waste 15 years in study etc...

naturalmystic
05-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I don't think I could be an astronaut. Being able to see how the big the Earth really is, would be to overwhelming for me. I am amazed at how big some trees are, much less a planet.

mellow mood
05-14-2005, 09:15 PM
oh me id just want to get the feeling of floating in the universe, watching all this immensity. and maybe smoke a joint while floating in my spaceship!! lolll!!

JSTA
05-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Sitting around toking and talking about how big the universe is and the thought of another group of people out there is fun as hell. It's pretty damn amazing to think about how it all got here ya know?