PDA

View Full Version : FLURO LIGHT FOR FLOWERING

professer evil
05-13-2005, 08:23 PM
IS THERE ANY KIND OF FLURO LIGHT THAT I CAN USE FOR THE WHOLE GROWTH OF THE PLANT?AND WHAT SIZE DOES THE LIGHT TAKE UP IN THE GROWBOX?? AND WHEN U SWITCH TO 12/12 AND THEN HARVEST THE CROP WHAT TIME DO U PUT YOUR LIGHTS AT TO ALLOW THEM TO GROW MORE BUD AGAIN?DO THEY GO BACK TO 24hr FOR VEG

bruiser
05-29-2005, 06:41 AM
dude this is the truth I flowerd and grew in veg completely under flourecents many times pick up the aquirim 4 foot long tubes,I bought 6 shop lights throwing out 44oo lumens per shop light over all,put about 30 clones under them and vegged for a month or so,then went 12/12 believe it or not I only harvested the tops,never scrogged or anything let them grow straight up,the under growth always did poorly but,the top did ok'....got under a pound with 30 plants .......i was surprised,of course i had alot of baby treatment with them,but I did o'k ....since then moved up and got a nice hps but with flourencents it can be done...I done it!!! many times.

GraveReaper0
06-08-2005, 03:16 AM
Flouros are ok. I use both HPS and flouro, The HPS bulbs are in a colltube hanging from the top while the fouro shoplights for $7 are hanging horizontally.

mosaka
08-14-2005, 03:16 PM
USe cool white and warm white flourescents, put them together as close as possible! and you can sue tht over the hole growth. also the flowering stage will slow down so you can get better yields, about 1 ounze a week if you are good.

DPoisen
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
use floro for seedlings,
mh for veg
hps for flowering

YELRAM
09-13-2005, 09:08 PM
why cant u just use hps for the hole thing Dpoison??

Zandor
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
why cant u just use hps for the hole thing Dpoison??
You can if you have an enhanced bulb like the Hortilux bulbs

Nochowderforyou
09-14-2005, 07:45 PM
You can if you have an enhanced bulb like the Hortilux bulbs

That's right. If you get one of those bulbs, you can use it throughout its whole life.

If you just use a standard Hps bulb for vegging, it doesn't produce enough UV rays that the plant needs during that time. The result will be stretched out budsites, that in the end will be light and wispy.

I find all these different bulbs confusing as well. So I use CFL's for vegging, and a standard Hps I bought from the Co-op Garden Center for flowering. I'm happy so far with this setup, as I am still learning the ropes and I don't want to spend a wad of cash till I'm ready

Zandor
09-15-2005, 02:47 PM
That's right. If you get one of those bulbs, you can use it throughout its whole life.

If you just use a standard Hps bulb for vegging, it doesn't produce enough UV rays that the plant needs during that time. The result will be stretched out budsites, that in the end will be light and wispy.

I find all these different bulbs confusing as well. So I use CFL's for vegging, and a standard Hps I bought from the Co-op Garden Center for flowering. I'm happy so far with this setup, as I am still learning the ropes and I don't want to spend a wad of cash till I'm ready
Very true with out the color shift the plant will suffer.

Joel
09-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Ah, I used to grow using fluoro's only. I would use the normal white cool 4ft tubes, for flowering I changed ALL of my tubes to Cool-white warm 4ft tubes, it gives the color, heat, and quality you need. So to answer your question it's yes.

Ps , I had 8 ballasts with 2 4ft tubes in each for 4 plants.

Hey zandor or anyone else know the route strain of Skunk?
My buddy said that he has some Ruderallis seeds wich is the route of skunk, my dear brain has come to a conclusion, just want to make sure lol.

Tranoble
09-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I Veg my plants and Bud my plants with 1000w Hps.

chisme
10-04-2005, 12:46 PM
i only use flous 2 24w compacts and 1 4ft tube

chisme
10-04-2005, 12:47 PM
i also have 3 flou inspection lamps but there weak so i only use in emergency

PotheadInMass
10-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I just harvested my first grow which i did completly with flouros, i had a fixture with 2 20w bulbs about 2' long and a fixture about 4-5 feet tall with 2 40w grow bulbs didnt have a lot of room but it worked for me. If you have some spare fixtures and bulbs i wouldnt suggest saving them, use them all, get as much light as you can if using flouros.

stickygreenlightsabr
10-05-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm growing with only fluoros.

Check out my thread, I'm about to flower with 300W of CFL.

HARDDON
10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Sticky....better throw a couple of 100W reg incandescent bulbs in there.

The red waves are needed to produce good dense and THICK buds :)

BobBong
10-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Sticky....better throw a couple of 100W reg incandescent bulbs in there.

The red waves are needed to produce good dense and THICK buds :)

Yar.. what he said.

Basically yes, it can be done. what you need to understand though, is what the different temperatures in light are for the different stages. There's a big difference between cool white and warm white...and if you don't know the difference then it wouldn't matter if you had all the light in the world.

kelvin temperatures are an important aspect when it comes to lighting.

I am using CFL's from seedling to harvest. So far, i've completed 2 grows with a total of 4 plants.

It can..and has been done.

Garden Knowm
10-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Bob, you think that those regular house bulbs added to your yield?
How many watts are those regular house bulbs?

thanks
smb