PDA

View Full Version : seeds seeds seeds seeds

thomas2681
06-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm new here an new to the whole growing thing. So I am in need of a new seed dealer that will ship to the US. I had a few seeds from some bags I once had an they was growing too slow due to stress from the heat in my attic an my cheap homemade light .with that being said my new grow tent is on its was to my house now thanks to UPS . An I just brought a 400 watt hps light an since I spent all that money I need top of the line seeds .I already trashed my old plants I had started cause they was like four weeks old an still working on there second set of leaves. So please help I need a seed dealer that is up to date an ships to US. I need a lil info on the seeds too . I want a kinda short to kinda tall plant with a large yields an high thx levels .

Thanks for reading please help

cannabis-seeds
06-08-2013, 09:20 PM
We're a forum sponsor & just started a new website that ships internationally - Gorilla Seeds.

Check us out using this link - Cannabis Seeds | World Wide Delivery | Free Seeds | 10% Cheaper (http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk).
You can also see our banners in the rotation at the top.

thomas2681
06-08-2013, 11:11 PM
We're a forum sponsor & just started a new website that ships internationally - Gorilla Seeds.

Check us out using this link - Cannabis Seeds | World Wide Delivery | Free Seeds | 10% Cheaper (http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk).

How sure are you that my seeds will make it to the US I'm in Virginia

Token LaRoche
06-08-2013, 11:55 PM
For my 2 centavos (and you may be due change).

Definitely might try Gorilla next round; gives me a warm fuzzy when reps hang out in forums.

Having never done this before, I ordered from Herbies (another forum sponsor) in January this year. It took 12 days for the order to arrive from the UK (I'm in one of the western states of the US where it's legal to grow). Zero problems, but it's not like ordering from Amazon Prime.

There's always a risk, but give 'em a shot, I think you'll be impressed.

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 12:15 AM
All shipments into the US go through US customs - so there's always a risk of confiscation although I've never heard of anyone actually getting in trouble.

I spend some of my time in the US - not too far from you - and I've never had one of my personal shipments go missing.

The fact that they pack some free items in every shipment so that it doesn't look like just seeds helps out a lot. I think right now they're putting in some pens, a lanyard, some tips & maybe some stickers or something.

The fastest I've had anything arrive is 6 days (total, not business) from the time it was shipped - I've also been able to ship into the UK with a 6-day timeframe.
I've had shipments come from Ireland recently that took 10 days, and last year I ordered something from France off eBay that took about the same amount of time.
I've also had shipments take much longer - most all seed banks say to allow 25 days.

Since we've started international shipping, I haven't heard of anything going into the US that didn't make it to its destination.

However, since you're a forum member, you get special treatment. If you don't get your seeds, let me know & once our shipping department verifies that they didn't arrive, I'll make sure they reship. They use Royal Airsure & that means they're trackable in both the UK & the US.

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 12:20 AM
For my 2 centavos (and you may be due change).

Definitely might try Gorilla next round; gives me a warm fuzzy when reps hang out in forums.

Having never done this before, I ordered from Herbies (another forum sponsor) in January this year. It took 12 days for the order to arrive from the UK (I'm in one of the western states of the US where it's legal to grow). Zero problems, but it's not like ordering from Amazon Prime.

There's always a risk, but give 'em a shot, I think you'll be impressed.

Thanks for keeping us in mind! Like any business, we're never going to make everyone happy, but we at least give it one hell of a try.

It's always nice to hear that a shipment made it through US customs even if it wasn't from us - hope they're working out well for you.

thomas2681
06-09-2013, 03:34 AM

Ok so I jus ordered from gorilla seed bank I got 3 big bud seeds an 3 ak-49. It said it was going to be sent royal mail .... But it never once said how long it will take to get here so what is royal mail an how long will it take to get to the US

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Royal Mail is the UK's equivalent of the US Post Office - Gorilla's shipping uses Royal Airsure which is trackable international mail.

Once shipped, it'll take about 1 day to pass from Royal Mail to US Customs - at that point, it's up to the federal government to release your package to the US Post Office.
No one can say how long that will take other than the US Customs department - it varies depending on what office it goes through, the volume of mail, whether there are any security alerts, etc.

After that, it's handed off to the US Post Office & I believe they treat Royal Airsure like priority mail so it should take from 1-3 additional days depending on how far it has to go.

On average, it should take between 10 & 25 days total - but as I mentioned, I recently received something in just 6 days from the time the package shipped which was incredibly fast. The shipments are trackable, but they don't require a signature at delivery.

I see your order & I've emailed the department that handles order fulfillment & shipping to see if they can give your order a little special attention until it gets out the door.

thomas2681
06-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Royal Mail is the UK's equivalent of the US Post Office - Gorilla's shipping uses Royal Airsure which is trackable international mail.

Once shipped, it'll take about 1 day to pass from Royal Mail to US Customs - at that point, it's up to the federal government to release your package to the US Post Office.
No one can say how long that will take other than the US Customs department - it varies depending on what office it goes through, the volume of mail, whether there are any security alerts, etc.

After that, it's handed off to the US Post Office & I believe they treat Royal Airsure like priority mail so it should take from 1-3 additional days depending on how far it has to go.

On average, it should take between 10 & 25 days total - but as I mentioned, I recently received something in just 6 days from the time the package shipped which was incredibly fast. The shipments are trackable, but they don't require a signature at delivery.

I see your order & I've emailed the department that handles order fulfillment & shipping to see if they can give your order a little special attention until it gets out the door.

Ok thanks I jus hope they make it here . Do the keep sending them if they don't make it to you or are you jus fuckd

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 02:32 PM
To be honest, Gorilla Seeds is our new site & we just started international shipping - I don't know what the official policy is (although I should find out).

However, since you're a forum member, I'm sure I can get you replacements if they don't show up.

I'm pretty sure they'll make it there without issue.

If they don't provide you with a tracking number on the email that tells you your order has been shipped, use the contact screen to ask for one - this is the link Contact Us (http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/contact). Note that our emails get trapped in spam folders a lot - so you might want to keep an eye out.

You can also ask questions through the Gorilla facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/#!/GorillaSeeds

I'd get the tracking number for you, but there's no pm feature here - I wouldn't want to post it here & compromise your location or your identity.
If you've joined multiple forums & see me on another site that we sponsor, feel free to contact me via pm there.

I don't manage the contact emails or the facebook page, so you'll be talking to someone else if you go that way. You can always mention you're a cannabis.com member & we've been talking.

Shovelhandle
06-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Don't sweat it. I just received an order of seed yesterday by registered mail. I signed for it. I was a bit surprised that my OL didn't raise an eyebrow. She's usually very paranoid about things like pot and the officals. Anyway, it took a week or so from Italy. I've had zero problems and have received at least a half dozen orders now. That said, don't make one large order, better to make number of smaller orders if you're looking to order hundreds of dollars of seed. It doesn't seem that you would, yet! good luck-ski

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Just curious - did they put anything else in the package with the seeds?

I've read on the oh-so-reliable net that having something else in the package makes the process smoother at US customs. Supposedly, almost everything makes it through but if anything is pulled, they drill a tiny hole in it & if nothing looks or smells suspicious, it goes right through. If it doesn't pass, they open it to check further. If contraband is found, it's seized & destroyed & the recipient gets a form letter stating what happened.

I imagine with the volume of international shipments, the vast majority of shipments pass through without any kind of close inspection. I'd also think they have bigger fish to fry than a few cannabis seeds - like maybe the human traffic that passes through the ports in shipping containers.

thomas2681
06-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Just curious - did they put anything else in the package with the seeds?

I've read on the oh-so-reliable net that having something else in the package makes the process smoother at US customs. Supposedly, almost everythinge makes it through but if anything is pulled, they drill a tiny hole in it & if nothing looks or smells suspicious, it goes right through. If it doesn't pass, they open it to check further. If contraband is found, it's seized & destroyed & the recipient gets a form letter stating what happen
I imagine with the volume of international shipments, the vast majority of shipments pass through without any kind of close inspection. I'd also think they have bigger fish to fry than a few cannabis seeds - like maybe the human traffic that passes through the ports in shipping containers.

It also said I got three free seeds an a grinder an some other small items . I haven't even got a email yet saying the seeds have or will be shipped yet . But I see they charger my account already hhhmmmm

cannabis-seeds
06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Every order on Gorilla Seeds comes with something free based on how much you spend.

You'll get another email when they actually ship - Today's Sunday & no one in the US or in the UK ships on Sunday even if they say they do.
The most they can do is pack up your stuff & have it ready for Monday's post.
There's a flood of orders over the weekend - I'd expect your order to ship out on Tuesday.

I don't process the orders although I can look at them - I don't know when they actually charge you. Everytime I order something, the order process automatically verifies that my card is valid, that I have the necessary funds & puts a hold on that amount. I'm pretty sure that's a normal business practice.

Relax - your seeds will get there. I know it's nervewracking to wait out your first online order, so I feel for you - I was the same way the first time I ordered seeds from a different country back in the day.

thomas2681
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Every order on Gorilla Seeds comes with something free based on how much you spend.

You'll get another email when they actually ship - Today's Sunday & no one in the US or in the UK ships on Sunday even if they say they do.
The most they can do is pack up your stuff & have it ready for Monday's post.
There's a flood of orders over the weekend - I'd expect your order to ship out on Tuesday.

I don't process the orders although I can look at them - I don't know when they actually charge you. Everytime I order something, the order process automatically verifies that my card is valid, that I have the necessary funds & puts a hold on that amount. I'm pretty sure that's a normal business practice.

Relax - your seeds will get there. I know it's nervewracking to wait out your first online order, so I feel for you - I was the same way the first time I ordered seeds from a different country back in the day.

I checked my order today an it said open an part paid but they charged my account the whole amount . An I know I got the money in there to cover it what do that mean .??????

Shovelhandle
06-10-2013, 10:39 PM
no other goods with the beans I order. not going to comment on the stealth but registered mail, you sign for it, is indiscreet, no?

cannabis-seeds
06-10-2013, 11:37 PM
no other goods with the beans I order. not going to comment on the stealth but registered mail, you sign for it, is indiscreet, no?

well, you sign for all kinds of things, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

personally, i like it when they just drop it in my mailbox

i do, however, love tracked mail - gives me a good feeling to know when it reaches every point along the way

your seed company is probably just trying to cover themselves. i imagine some people claim they never received the shipment even if it is tracked if they don't sign for it.
something along the lines of someone stole it out my mailbox.

it's a shame that a few people can ruin things for everyone. when i first started working with rhino, they had a no-questions-asked satisfaction guarantee.
we can't discuss growing, so it gave people an easy way to get replacements. suddenly, no one's seeds were satisfactory & everyone needed replacements on every single thing they ordered. we had to cancel the whole thing or go out of business.

by the way people - if you call in or email your seed bank to complain about your seeds - the word is "damaged" - don't use any growing terms

Token LaRoche
06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Didn't sign here and was impressed with the delivery. It was pretty well hidden. From Herbie's... Tracking indicated that it took just a day or two from the UK to Los Angeles where it spent about a week in Customs -- in my hands a couple days later. Only order of seeds so far, no problem.

Not sure how all this works, but I order "cheap shit" from China too, and I'm always amazed at how fast that stuff comes in.

cannabis-seeds
06-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah - seems the world is getting smaller every day - in good ways & bad.

Always glad to see when an order works out well no matter what seed bank is involved.

Good to know about the deliveries from China. I've been looking at a solar laptop charger with an adapter for a MacBook Pro - that's the only place I've been able to find one that has any kind of power to it, but I've been putting off ordering it.

kicked
06-11-2013, 05:58 AM

Hey I think that's great you are here repping for Gorilla Seeds. The web site has some issues that need to be addressed however. It is great the site has a secure payment method, but the entire site really should be running HTTPS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure) There really is no excuse for this. Also the whole thing could flow better, but that is just aesthetics. Read the HTTPS Wikipedia page as to why it is important. It is bad enough this board is only HTTP. Many people don't really get it that without encryption between you and the site all content really is wide open for sniffing by nefarious people and/or governments. I'm not even talking about using open wifi, that's also a no-no, obviously.

Notrealname
06-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm new here an new to the whole growing thing. So I am in need of a new seed dealer that will ship to the US...

Don't be rude...

You wouldn't go to plumber and ask them to recommend another plumber... would you?

cannabis-seeds
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
To OP, I see your order is being shipped today.

I can see a tracking number, but it hasn't hit the Royal Post system yet.

Just for grins, I tracked a few older orders & the Royal Mail will say when it's in customs & when it has been delivered to your location.
I couldn't find a way to see all the updates from start to finish like UPS, FedEx & sometimes USPS, but you can see the current status without any problems.

I'll keep an eye on it just for my own amusement - my bet is it reaches you without issue.

thomas2681
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
To OP, I see your order is being shipped today.

I can see a tracking number, but it hasn't hit the Royal Post system yet.

Just for grins, I tracked a few older orders & the Royal Mail will say when it's in customs & when it has been delivered to your location.
I couldn't find a way to see all the updates from start to finish like UPS, FedEx & sometimes USPS, but you can see the current status without any problems.

I'll keep an eye on it just for my own amusement - my bet is it reaches you without issue.

Welll good news it all came in the mail today just like they say it would it only took ten days from the day I ordered it to get here

cannabis-seeds
06-18-2013, 09:11 PM
glad they got there - hope you love 'em