PDA

View Full Version : Medtox 9 panel drug screen

Nawleans
05-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Yesterday I had a pre-employment drug screen which was a 9 panel from medtox labs. The last time I smoked was 3 weeks ago. However I am also on probation and had my drug test 1 week prior to the pre employment drug screen and passed that. My first void of the day tested clean 2 weeks ago on the 50 ng/ml immunoassay test. The reason I am worried is because the three days prior to my pre employment screening I stayed at my friends house, and they are heavy smokers. I was around some of the smoke while I was there. The day after the employment screening I tested my first void and I passed but the line wasn't as dark as a previous first void test I took a week ago. My pre employment screening was my second void of the day after I drank 3 16 oz water bottles (I did this because I couldn't pee). Am I just worried for nothing?

Eponine
05-30-2013, 05:27 PM
so only quitting for 3 weeks and passed? how heavy of a user?

Nawleans
05-30-2013, 06:06 PM
technically I was peeing clean after one week. I am on probation so I only smoke a couple times a month. But when I was smoking everyday I got myself clean in about 2 weeks. I am 6 foot weighing 160 so I do not have much fat cells for the the to metabolize in. I also took about 2000mg of niacin a day and drank a lot of water. I know there is no scientific proof to backup niacin but it helps ease my mind so I do it.

Burnt Toast
05-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I also took about 2000mg of niacin a day and drank a lot of water. I know there is no scientific proof to backup niacin but it helps ease my mind so I do it.
This makes no sense. How does it help to "ease your mind", if you know that theres no scientific proof to back up the alleged efficacy of niacin?

Niacin is nothing but an ancient myth. It does nothing to help pass a U/A. Besides, taking more than the 15mg RDA can have some serious health consequences.

Overdoing Niacin Can't Thwart Drug Abuse Tests and Is Risky (http://www.medpagetoday.com/EmergencyMedicine/EmergencyMedicine/5426)

Misusing Vitamin To Foil Drug Test May Be Toxic; Plus, It Doesn't Work (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/67525.php)

Nawleans
05-30-2013, 07:28 PM
many of my friends use niacin and swear by it. That is how it eases my mind.

Burnt Toast
05-30-2013, 07:35 PM
many of my friends use niacin and swear by it. That is how it eases my mind. If your "friends" have told you that they have painted their toenails purple before passing a drug test and "swear by it", would that "ease your mind" to where you should start painting your toenails purple before a U/A? :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that it would be a huge fallacy of causation to conclude that niacin was responsible for your friends passing their test. Just because "B" happened doesnt mean "A" had caused it.

Pure coincidence, nothing more.