PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Seeds Alpujarrena - Check Out This Monster!

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Pyramid Seeds released Alpujarrena (http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/pyramidseeds/alpujarrena.html) recently.

Like Jack's mythical beanstalk, this amazing feminized seed can exceed 1,000 meters in her natural environment of Southern Spain during an extended season - they don't say, but I'm assuming they have good weather year-round.

Alpujarrena is a 90% Indica-dominant hybrid with a fast 49 to 56 day finish inside. Yields are 600 gr/m2 & THC is 17.5%. She's 100% feminized & extremely hardy - recommended for challenging conditions.

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/pyramidseeds/alpujarrena.jpg

Mal420xl
04-12-2013, 12:35 AM
1000 meters that would be awesome!gonna need a lil more than year of weather tho maybe

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 01:01 AM
i can't wrap my head around it at all to be honest - that's taller than most trees or buildings.

they don't say how long it takes to get that big

Mal420xl
04-12-2013, 01:44 AM
come on now think about it. they arent serious. thats a kilometer. that would be nobel peace prize stuff because of the applications in food crops. it would be cool though.
mmm 49 day flower? itd take more than one growing season. they must have made a typo and meant 10 meters and even thats pretty big.

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 01:52 AM
i guess it depends on how they measure it. disney has a tomato plant (or did, saw it on tv a few years back) that's in a hydro set up.
they have it going up a trellis system and extending out like grape vines for a really long way in all directions - i'd have to guess the thing was equal to at least 100 tomato plants.

and they don't say 1000 meters long or tall - just 1000 meters - so, if they trained it and measured each branch, who knows?

i do think they're being creative with their numbers - and i'm very curious about how they came up with that number.

or who knows? they're Spanish & those breeders don't always translate their material into English very well. could be an interesting typo & they really mean 100 meters - although that's still impressive.

i'm American by the way, so meters, kilometers, anything metric just doesn't compute for me.

Mal420xl
04-12-2013, 02:14 AM
ok well a 1000 meters would be like 4 football fields. tall like world trade center tall. 10 meters is around 30 feet. 100 meters is beyond unlikely

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 12:05 PM
it still caught your attention though which is a great marketing ploy by pyramid seeds.

you know what? i'm curious enough i'm going to ask them for more details

it'll be a toss up - some breeders are extremely responsive, others won't say a word

i'll post an update here if i find anything out

Mal420xl
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
it still caught your attention though which is a great marketing ploy by pyramid seeds.

you know what? i'm curious enough i'm going to ask them for more details

it'll be a toss up - some breeders are extremely responsive, others won't say a word

i'll post an update here if i find anything out

agreed, it is clever marketing. frankly from a consumers standpoint i hope its more a typo or perhaps they meant it could grow at or above a 1000 meters above sea level.
if its marketing.....i hope its done as tongue in cheek. id hate to think that they believe their customers are on the dumb side.
unless i see it for myself no one will convince me that cannabis can grow to 3 fifths of a mile length wise or height, a 1000 meter plant would be visible from space and hundred times taller than a sequoia.
not trying to be a hard ass but that claim is just silly.

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Someone on another site had a good theory - and made me feel like a dumba**.

They probably meant to 1,000 meters altitude - like in the mountains.

I live in a flat area, so it never dawned on me - he lives in Denver.

Still going to confirm.

Mal420xl
04-12-2013, 12:21 PM
now that makes sense, especially where they talk about it being a hardy strong grower.

cannabis-seeds
04-12-2013, 12:56 PM
So glad I posted this - still asking Pyramid to confirm, but I've changed our product description so that it's not misleading.

Although, most people prefer short & chunky over super tall anyway.

Originally, I was thinking it was one of those freak of nature kind of things - like those monster 1,000 pound pumpkins.