PDA

View Full Version : First time growing Marijuana Plant!!!

IsaiahJayy420
12-14-2012, 03:02 AM
My plants been growing for about 2-3 weeks nows it's still maturing, and the stems purple with white also with hairs should i be worried?? and also the outter leafs of it is round and it has a little bit of yellow spots on the tip of them?? any tips somebody i need help!! i'm also growing it outside it gets plenty of sun, i water it bout one time a day in the morning, and at night it could get cold about 45 to 35 degrees i live in arizona any tips????

painretreat
12-14-2012, 05:58 AM
TEMPERATURE- Marijuana Cannabis Growing Guide

Proper temperature is one highly variable factor. Most books state optimum grow temperature to be 70-80 degrees, but many list extenuating circumstances that allow temperatures to go higher. Assuming genetics is not a factor, plants seem to be able to absorb more light at higher temps, perhaps up to 90 degrees. High light and CO2 levels could make this go as high as 95 degrees for increased growth speed.* An optimum of 95 degrees is new data that assumes very-high light, CO2 enrichment of 1500 ppm and good regular venting to keep humidity down. It is not clear if these temperature will reduce potency in flowers. It may be a good idea to reduce temperatures once flowering has started, to preserve potency, even if it does reduce growth speed. But higher temperatures will make plants grow vegetatively much faster, by exciting the plants metabolism, assuming the required levels of CO2 and light are available, and humidity is not allowed to get too high.
With normal levels of CO2, in a well vented space, 90 degrees would seem to be the absolute max, while 85 may be closer to optimum, even with a great deal of light available. Do not let the room temperature get over 35 C (95 F) as this hurts growth. Optimal temperature is 27-30 C (80-86 F) if you have strong light with no CO2 enrichment. Less than 21 C (70 F) is too cold for good growth.
Low temperatures at night are OK down to about 60 degrees outdoors, then start to effect the growth in a big way. Mid 50s will cause mild shock and 40s will kill your plants with repeated exposure. Keep your plants warm, especially the roots. Elevate pots if you think the ground is sucking the heat out of the roots. This is an issue if you have a slab or other type of cold floor.
As temperature goes up, so does the ability of the air to hold water, thus reducing humidity, so a higher average temperature should reduce risk of fungus.
Contrary to many reports, high humidity is not good for plants except during germination and rooting. Lower humidity levels help the plant transpire CO2 and reduce risk of molds during flowering.
Studies indicate the potency of buds goes down as the temperature goes up, so it is important to see that the plants do not get too hot during flowering cycles.
* D. Gold: CO2, Temperature and Humidity, 1991 Edited by E. Rosenthal.UK Cannabis, Marijuana Growing Guide, grow your Cannabis seeds (http://www.uk-cannabis.com/guide/temperature.php)

bitemybud
12-14-2012, 08:19 AM
well the 1st issue is that you are growing outside and night temps are too cold. I think you said, you are watering in evening,a nd you should not. The last watering of the day should be 2 hours before sindown. Now in your case; We don;t know how much you are watering. Or what environment you have set up for your outside grow.

Waht did you do to prep your grow bed?

higher_than_you
12-14-2012, 01:35 PM
just to add- when u water u wanna do it pretty much the same time your lights come or in ur case when the sun comes up, as it uses the light energy to soak it up, also if your growing outside this time of year i wouldnt water at all during the night, cold roots do not give u favours. peace

IsaiahJayy420
12-14-2012, 05:38 PM
But it seems to be growing find every other day i notice it's been growing!

higher_than_you
12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
it will, but not as rapid as it should do, keep exposing to cold temps and she will eventually give up. with regards to your rounded leaf you probably have an indica strain, there characteristics are wide large roundish leaves where as the sativa strain are more like thin sharp finger width. u say you 3 weeks into maturing is that ur term for flowering? which means u have a minimal of 5 weeks left.. its gonna get colder mate. i personally would bring her in and finish her off with an indoor set up, theres loads of threads on how too, and the cannabis faq on the home screen, i would have a read of that it will help you out with your yellow spots too, but thats usually a sign of nute deficiency of sorts. if u cant go indoor, then try ur best with the ones you have.. but dont hold out for massive plants, your fighting mother nature, only way u can win is with deception of your own indoor environment, if your only option is out doors then wait till the 1st of may 2013 and then start again that should give you maximum 'growing time' ha provided we make it past the 22nd :)

hope this helps