PDA

View Full Version : Why do seed descriptions say this?

biggz1115
09-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Why do seed descriptions say "heavy yielder" or 450 to 600 grams but when I watch grow vids, the guys are only yielding 2,3, maybe 4 oz.'s? Is that a sales pitch? ANd what does m2 mean? Square Meter?

HipsterDoofus
09-28-2012, 01:11 PM
yeah man m2 is square meter of canopy.

of course it's a sales pitch.

drew225
09-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I think almost all the seed banks say 400 grams + if you look at the yields. Its probably correct if you do everything perfect

cannabis-seeds
09-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Those numbers are generally recorded during the testing phase when expert growers run the seeds through their paces under the absolute best conditions.
They have everything they need at their disposal unlike most everyone else.

I would read those numbers as "this is what you'll get if you really know what you're doing, you have the best equipment money can buy & luck is on your side".

Some breeders are honest enough to say that it's under those conditions and give two numbers - one for the typical customer & one for experts.

However, if this is your first few times out and you're still figuring out what to do, no one can guess at what will happen.

cannabis-seeds
09-29-2012, 04:23 PM
I should add that the biggest numbers are SOG or SCROG rather than that kind of yield on a single plant.

I think you guys touched on that with the per square meter thing.

If you're going for fast, you plant a sh*tload of seeds tightly together and force them to bloom early - then start over.
It's quite expensive to do it that way if you're buying seeds - best to have a mum & do clones if you want to go that way unless you're loaded.

I'm sure there are people on here that know much more about both techniques that I do so I won't pretend to be an expert.