PDA

View Full Version : Too Potent Edables

mc1548
09-26-2012, 03:16 AM
I know the standard is 1 lb of Butter to 1 oz of Bud. My daughter used 1 lb of Butter & 4 ounces of Bud. I thought she was going to cut the Canabutter into 4 pieces & use each quarter with 1 oz of Bud in each one to make a pan of Brownies. Instead she made 1 pan of regular size Brownie mix with all 4 oz; needless to say they were ??very? Potent. My question is How much THC can 1 lb of Butter absorb, in other words is 4 oz of Bud too much for 1 lb of Butter to handle & maybe the Butter absorbed as much as it could & rejected the rest? There has to be a limit. If I were to cook 2 pounds (exaggerating but just an example), of Bud with 1 lb of Butter I??m sure that there would a lot of waste & a lot of the 2 lbs of Bud would be thrown out!

king of the world
12-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Damn 4oz of bud all in one batch??!! No wonder it came out too potent lol.

I don't know what the cut off number is for how much bud 1lb of butter can hold. I'm guessing that there really isn't any cut off number, just that the more bud you use, the more concentrated and potent the cannabutter will be.

But I think the standard 1lb of bud to 1lb of butter is a pretty good number to go with. because any less and it will not be that potent, and anymore is gonna make the butter too potent. And ironically there is nothing I hate more then an edible that is too potent, because if you are 'too high' or get a headache then you will still have to endure hours of that high.

qwisoking
01-30-2013, 03:06 PM
It does waste a little. If I need more potent butter, I actually normally do this anyway because imy stomach seems somewhat sensitive to chlorophyll I dissolve hash oil in the butter instead. But in my opinion 1 stick of butter easily holds 1oz. That's my usuall strength for others

mc1548
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
It does waste a little. If I need more potent butter, I actually normally do this anyway because imy stomach seems somewhat sensitive to chlorophyll I dissolve hash oil in the butter instead. But in my opinion 1 stick of butter easily holds 1oz. That's my usuall strength for others

1 stick of butter is 1/4 lb. I use 4 sticks 1 lb per 1 oz of Bud. I think 1/4 lb of butter to 1 oz that I would loose some per too little butter?

qwisoking
01-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Lol sorry I'm baked but I have no idea what you just said. Well I use good trimmings or even shwag and 1oz to 1 stick or 1/4lb and I'm quite happy with the results. Most of my friends think its a perfect amount so you don't have to eat more than 1 or 2 cookies. Wasn't trying to say yours wasn't quite potent. But as long as the weed is saturated you won't lose too much. But the higher weed to butter ratio the less efficient it is, at which point I switch to dissolving hash oil. I'm not sure if I've answerd your question but either way you lose some by eating vs smoking a bowl

Shovelhandle
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I've used 3-4 ozs per lb of butter with good results but I don't use it all in one batch/box of brownie mix. However, I did make qwiso hash from 4 ounces of weed adn put all that into one batch...it was too potent. a one inch square of brownie was plenty!

king of the world
02-04-2013, 09:06 PM
yeah it seems that 4oz to 1lb of butter is not that bad and it didnt lose too much bud in the process. but if you are going to put 1lb of butter in one batch of brownies(must have tasted real nasty?) that has 4oz's of weed in it then yeahhhhhhh it will come out very potent lol.

I think next time if your going to do it again, then just use that 1lb of butter for more then one batch of brownies, preferably 4 or more batches.