PDA

View Full Version : IT'S A GIRL!

jadeius
05-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Big Angie turned out to be a girl! She's been in 12/12 for about 2 weeks now, and she just suddenly has a bunch of little pistils everywhere on her tops, beautiful...i know you folks probably can't see the flowers, my digicam sucks a cunt, but at least for now you can see the tops...

My polyploid (Polly Pocket) isn't quite showing signs of sex yet...i've been leaving it out instead of putting it up in the closet for dark like big angie, just to see if the little bit of light from the tv and the moon will affect the flowering...it's finally growing pretty good again though (no pics of it yet)

oh, i did buy another light...i've got one 42w flourescent that i've been using, it's more of a warm white spectrum...and i just bought a new one that's like 30w or something, but it's got the natural sun's spectrum, it really looks like sunlight, very bluish compared to the other, though neither of them are actually called warm or cool white...i have soft white and natural white flourescents...

i'm so excited my first grow is turning out good! :D

does anyone know exactly how much miracle gro i should be using per plant right now? they're responding well to the food, i use like maybe a 4th or 8th a teaspoon for a 16 oz cup of water, that's all the water they need, every 3 or 4 days, it even drains off...i just don't want to overwhelm them with the ferts, they haven't needed them so far (8 weeks) because of the stuff that was already in the soil (delayed release)...but they do like that miracle gro, the N-P-K ratio is 15-30-15, so i would guess it wouldn't need as much as some other ferts out there...i even use a capful of h2o2 (hydrogen peroxide) on the roots sometimes, for oxygen...no bad results from that, maybe a little yellowing, but temporary...anyways enough babbling i'll try my best to get better pics!!! :p

any suggestions welcome, peace & lurve