PDA

View Full Version : Entrapment? Any Lawyers out there?

Read
05-09-2005, 05:18 AM
What is entrapment?

If person "X" places a want ad for cannabis on the web and person "Y" responds to the ad. But Person "X" is Leo. Can person "Y" be prosecuted for selling? Would that be called entrapment? Could person "Y" still go to jail?
I thought Leo couldn't be the one to initiate the transfer. But if you asked Leo for durgs then he could prosecute you.. is that right?

Kinda confused cuz I saw an episode of cops where they had this fine ass cop pretending to be a hooker waiving down johns in SF. Once the john's agreed they got arrested. I thought Leo couldn't do that??!!!

420ultimatesmokage
05-09-2005, 06:23 AM
if they convinced you to do it then it is entrapment but if went along willingly then you probably couldn't say it was entrapment. i just read stuff about entrapment on the web a while ago can't remember exactly what it said

mcozzy1
05-10-2005, 09:07 AM
yeah. I'm no lawyer either. I've seen similar episodes of "Cops". That's crazy stuff. It totally looks like entrapment.

With the web stuff. I think most of the people who sell do such a good job of disguising themselves that they can't be caught. You can't bust someone over the internet. I think sellers are near impossible to track down.

I would think it would be equally difficult to bust someone for buying online. If you use a public computer for all your correspondences, they would have no way to link you to the buyer.

bhallg2k
05-10-2005, 09:18 AM
That's absolutely not entrapment, my friend. The courts have traditionally defined entrapment as someone threatening you in order to make you do something illegal.

A cop soliciting a sale is not entrapment. A cop soliciting a sale and lying to you by saying he's not a cop is not entrapment. Even if he were to smoke weed with you while making or soliciting a sale, it's still not entrapment. The only way it's entrapment is if a police officer, or anyone, coerces you to do something illegal with the threat of harm to you or your family. Otherwise, it's all legal.

Be careful with whom you deal with.

Read
05-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the info bhallg2k

Ganjamon420
05-11-2005, 07:36 PM
yeah what bhallg2k said. thats why before i do any sales or buys i always ask every person there if they are affiliated with any government agency. If they all say no we get high as shit lol. You can NEVER be TOO careful. Well Peace.

bhallg2k
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
yeah what bhallg2k said. thats why before i do any sales or buys i always ask every person there if they are affiliated with any government agency. If they all say no we get high as shit lol. You can NEVER be TOO careful. Well Peace.

That isn't safe. In fact, it's very dangerous. You've just been lucky.

In between hits off the biggest joint you've ever seen, a police officer could tell you that he's not a cop. Then he could hand it to you and the moment you put it to your lips, he could arrest you. And the whole thing would stand up in court.

They are allowed to lie to you. They are allowed to do illegal things in hopes of setting you at ease.

Hypothetical example, just to be clear:

You, the buyer: "Are you a cop?"

Undercover cop: "Nope."

You: "Ok, well, how much?"

Cop: "$40 for an 1/8. Here, let's try it out."

Hands you a joint. The two of you smoke it. You like it and give him money.

Cop: "You are under arrest."

Later

Judge: "Having been found guilty, you are hereby sentenced to..."

Be very careful who you deal with.

Read
05-12-2005, 06:44 AM
mcozzy

how are sellers on the net impossible to track down? Even with E-gold to get your gold converted to cash you need a bank account or your name to write a check to. And guys selling on the net have to give out there info to get a webpage.

Ganjamon420
05-12-2005, 03:25 PM
no no cuz they can't lie to you even if it is between hits or right when you meet them. if they say no and arrest me i get off because i was entrapped and led to believe there wasn't a police officer in the room. Peace
P.S. Read, if you are talking about 420group.com they go through many different services to keep their identity hidden and i belive with an egold account you dont have to put your name in if you dont want to, only when you write checks and they use egold as a savings account not a checking account.

bhallg2k
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
no no cuz they can't lie to you even if it is between hits or right when you meet them. if they say no and arrest me i get off because i was entrapped and led to believe there wasn't a police officer in the room. Peace

I'll say this one more time because I don't want anyone to get arrested.

Cops are allowed to lie to you. That is NOT ENTRAPMENT.

Police officers can, and will, provide you with every opportunity to commit a crime, such as buy drugs, and then arrest you the moment after you commit the crime. The courts have defined entrapment by saying "government agents" are not allowed to "unduly persuade, threaten, coerce, or harass the person, such that a normally law-abiding citizen would participate in an unlawful action."

Examples: If you ask to buy drugs, you are not considered a "normally law-abiding citizen." If you accept an offer to buy drugs, your are not a "normally law-abiding citizen." Even if the police officer lies to you and says he is not a cop, you still get pinched because your intent to commit the crime is evidenced by your actions to accept or sell drugs.

Case law: Hampton v. U.S. 425 U.S. 484 (1976), Jacobson v. U.S. 503 U.S. 540 (1993), Sherman v. U.S. 356 U.S. 369 (1958)

Read
05-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Ganjamon......

If that's true.... How did Leo ever take down those big crime syndicates.. aka mafia?

Let me double check on the e-gold account. Without giving e-gold your name how are you suppose to withdraw cash?

Ganjamon420
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
i dont know how that happened i aint a cop. but i know 420group is a legit business and i have bought from them many times, the white widow was killer. and ok i may be wrong about the lieing to a citizen to intice him/her to commit crime being entrapment but i was pretty possitive that police officers could do anything to keep the case going except lie and mislead the suspects. Peace

annac
05-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Hi Ganjamon420
Please take heed to the the other members words of caution. In the USA a undercover officer can and will tell you he/she is not a police officer and it will hold up in any US Court. The whole idea is that they are "undercover" and can and will do anything in their powers to arrest you. I have no idea where or how this urban myth came about but it is a myth indeed. Please be very carefull and remember that in this business your best friend can also be your worst enemy.
sincerely
annaC

Read
05-13-2005, 08:30 AM
I think I finnally get how e-gold works.... not an expert but here's my take on it.

With e-gold your not using cash and your doing your transactions in amounts of gold. And since e-gold doesn't verify info you can send gold to anybody anonymously. If you want to send someone actual cash in any currency you use a market maker that converts the gold to your currency choice for a small fee. So you can register as a john doe with e-gold but get checks to your name through the market maker without actually any connection. Same is true to buy e-gold.

But it is going to be pretty obvious who the e-gold account belongs to when you repeatedley send cash (withdraw) to the same name (yours) again and again.
You could if you wanted to start your life savings in e-gold and cash out big in the end but even if you do this the government has the right sieze or freeze any account in the USA (actually they can sieze any account worldwide if they wanted to imo) and my understanding is e-gold is based in the USA. The other route might be to keep on switching market makers as their are a number of them out there.

This is also assuming you have taken steps to hide your IP addy and have an anonymous email account.

Bottom line, like bhallg2k said be careful with who you deal with.

A friend and I had an interesting discussion of why would Leo go to such lengths just to catch you? It's their job, like anyone out their they want to excel at their job. Leo ain't gonna move up the "corporate ladder" by letting people go. And if you had a choice of taking on drug lords with auto rifles or guys who grow/deal pot.... Seriously which one would you choose? When was the last time you heard of a shootout at a potdeal gone wrong? These guys have families to take care of....

Choice 1:
Womens cannabis club full of parapeligics and cancer patients?

Choice 2:
crack house full of guys strung out on who knows what with auto rifles?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

According to federal guidelines they're both equally detremental to society.

Read
05-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Another thing was that when I was growing up, undercover DEA use to be the unsung war heroes in the drug war. Use to be glad that they were out there taking down those cocaine cartels down south. They were the Rambos' taking out the bad guys...

That image has totally changed to just guys with too much power in their hands and not enough brains on how to use it.

darpin
05-13-2005, 08:45 AM
If you don't believe the entrapment deal, just watch Cops. You'll see the undercover guys lying their asses off. The dealers (or hookers) are always asking "you a cop?" and the guys always respond "nah man.. I ain't no cop."

Then the deal goes through, and the vans full of angry men with automatic weapons pulls up.

amsterdam
05-13-2005, 02:11 PM
reading this is like being in the county,EVERYONE thinks they are lawyers.

my advice,ask a real lawyer.

Read
05-15-2005, 05:19 AM
lol... true amsterdam but lawyers cost money.... this is free

yocass
05-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Entrapment would be for the cop to make you do something you would not have done if the guy wasnt a cop. Cop: want some weeeed man? You: sure! you a cop? Cop hell naw. that is perfectly legal. Cop: want some weeeed man? You: fuck that! Cop: If you do not smoke this we will have a problem! (lol) THAT would be entrapment.