PDA

View Full Version : DIY CO2 generation

Leonardo de Garden
08-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Get an amiable friend, and do some heavy breathing in the garden. Good for the plants, good for you, and if you do it right, good for your friend.

Seriously though, humans are fairly large animals, and a pair of humans does vent off a fair amount of CO2 during coitus.

Resisting Nut
09-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Def a lot cheaper than buying a CO2 tank or one of those CO2 buckets. Have you had any experience with the CO2 bucket? I was thinking of buying one and using it on my Rubbermaid grow box. I just haven't found anything on the internet where people used CO2 enrichment with a Rubbermaid grow box.

Leonardo de Garden
09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't know enough about them to comment. Ambient CO2 levels run in the high 300s to start with, so at most you want to push that up another 1,000ppm or so, and mammal life is really good at pumping that up cheaply and safely under normal conditions. Grow rooms aren't usually the best enviroment for them, but fungal life also tends to generate CO2, so yeast is an option, start a culture and it will go until it either runs out of food (like sugar) or the concentration of alchohol kills it off (beer takes advantage of both properties). Or go to a Startbucks and ask for spent coffee grounds and start mushrooms in it.

There are chemicals that produce it as part of a reaction, a lot of things give it off when burnt, and then there is also bottled CO2 gas available.

painretreat
09-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Get an amiable friend, and do some heavy breathing in the garden. Good for the plants, good for you, and if you do it right, good for your friend.

Seriously though, humans are fairly large animals, and a pair of humans does vent off a fair amount of CO2 during coitus.

:thumbsup:All about making babies..and the CO 2 would be cheaper! LOL :hippy: pr

Leonardo de Garden
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
:thumbsup:All about making babies..and the CO 2 would be cheaper! LOL :hippy: pr

Breath is in the ballpark of 5% CO2. It isn't that being in an airtight room will kill you by running out of oxygen, it is that you will give yourself CO2 poisoning. Humans, esp under exercise, generate a lot of CO2.

drew225
09-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys very useful info. Will be making my own CO2 tonight! (unfortunately not with a partner)

Leonardo de Garden
10-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks guys very useful info. Will be making my own CO2 tonight! (unfortunately not with a partner)

Yeah, not as much fun that way. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do though, partner or not.