PDA

View Full Version : Closing in the nodes

TopEkoms420
05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Is there a way that i can close in the nodes while its in flowering? This was my first grow, so i didnt realize that it would cause a problem when flowering, now it seems like the nodes are too far apart for the buds to grow right. Also whats the cheapest way to get the stems to grow alot bigger. We started a premature growing setup before we really had the money to do the growing. Stupid i know, but some free bud is better then no free bud. Anyway i attached some pics to show. If anyone has any ideas just by looking at them, this is my first grow, so any help is appreciated. They are in about a month and a half of flowering already, FYI

TopEkoms420
05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
oops forgot the pics

del...
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
closer nodes happen because of more intense light...stretching occurs when the light is lacking and can not be 'filled in' by adding more after the growth but ya can decrease the distance on new nodes after adding more lumens. i can't see it adding branches in your case this far into flowering but wouldn't worry about it either. the buds will grow out from the buttons you have now and may fill in the entire branch. some strains, like kush, grow shorter flowers tho...more like a pair of thumbs coming off of each node and others grow long, thin, "donkey dicks" and other strains put out "beer can buds". hard to say now what yours are but they're looking good...

if you want to increase bud density and size add a 250w minimum hps...1kw hps if ya have the space. it'll make a big diff at the end...

jadeius
05-12-2005, 07:22 PM
yeah i wouldn't do much about it, you'll have pretty dense buds...it looks awesome