PDA

View Full Version : Organic growers in the house?

cortezbuddha
04-08-2004, 03:17 AM
I am wondering, do any of you know of any books or sources on the net that is relevant to organic growing? I am interested in only using sunlight (I live in Arizona, we have plenty of that) and using organic ferts like worm castings or compost, or some sort of manure I can get my hands on. Any tips, facts, anything would help! I just dont want to use chems for ferts because it is so bad for you. The chems are in the bud you smoke whether you taste it or not. So I am going to grow organic with natural sunlight. Also, how long do you guys think it will take for them to mature (I am assuming it will happen when fall hits and the day length decreases a lot. The plants are also indoors in a south facing apartment (I live in North America) and in some organic soils). Thanks for any replies y'all!

SandgyCal
04-08-2004, 09:06 PM
DONT USE MANURE! Horrible idea... you can simply purchase organic fertilizers at some healthfood stores, and many garden shops. Buy the variety that is specially for vegetables or herbs. Also, use about two tablespoons of organic (grain or corn derived) white vinegar mixed with a gallon of water to water your plants the first 3 or 4 days. That will give your buds a good start. If your'e planting outdoors, (which is always better), then plant them near non acetic trees like oaks, or sunflowers to give them a touch of shade to prevent scorching. Organic plants should be given a good amount of water, but don't over do it. Always trust your intuition! For more info, amazon.com has plenty of books on organic gardening.

Adlan
04-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I have no Idea about the nitrogen levals of the soil in Arizona but if you need to increse nitrogen levals orgaincly the plant clover seeds in the plot, clover has micro nodules containing bacteria in the root system, these bacteris create nitrates in the soil more than enough for the clover leaving the soil around it rich in nirates. This has increased the lushness of all the hay fields on the surrounding farms.

sivaram
05-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Get organic growing meidums like Neem coir, coco peat and Organic fertilizers like Neem seed meal, and vermi compost, Bio enriched composts from http://www.greeneem.com

nubie420
05-21-2004, 11:46 PM
get some black gold mix it with peat moss about 4parts black gold and 1part peat moss, put the mix in a container with good drainage (try putting gravel at the bottom of big containers) only one plant per container, plant em outside in a sunny place if you can, outdoor is as simple as that if you donâ??t count fertilizing (which you have to do any-way). If you have to grow indoors youâ??ll need a good light id advice investing in a HPS or MH lamp at least 250watt. After sprouting em put the plants far enough away so they donâ??t get burned (actually burned from the heat)and turn on a fan or two to get some air moving, fertilize with some fish emulsion(itâ??s cheap) and leave the light on 24-7 until their about 1 and a half feet tall then feed them bat guano(go to you local nursery)and give em 12 hours with the light on and 12 hours with it off until you have buds w/ hair that start to get curl ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BUDS any earlier and you buds will taste premature and be harsh, the buds on the tops will have that curl before the ones on the bottom so be patient, the plant life should be between three and five months and then youâ??ll need to cure it for about a months if you want anything decent, check out www.cannabisculture.com for all kinds of info on indoor growingâ?¦..good luck man :rolleyes: