PDA

View Full Version : A specific Da Buddha / Silver Surfer comparison question

newagelightbulb
08-02-2011, 07:04 AM
I finally got my WA State MM card (yay!) and I am looking for a vape. My last vape was a $30 eBay toy, basically a soldering iron in a ceramic box. It actually worked pretty well and lasted a while but I'm looking to get a good one this time.

I've narrowed it down to Da Buddha versus Silver Surfer, and I've looked at the difference between the two (basically what I see is Da Buddha is less stylistic, has foreign-made parts, and comes with ground glass, while the Surfer is more stylish, is made in AMERICA FUCK YEAH and comes with smooth glass). Style is nice, and I love my country, but the only real sticking point for me (besides price) is the usefulness of ground glass.

My old vape wasn't ground, and I had a few bad experiences taking my hands off the whip and having it fall out. And in my experience, rotating the whip doesn't do much to distribute the roasting ... you kind of have to poke it with your pin and redistribute it to get best results. And I may want to try using a water pipe with it. It would be nice to have cooler vapor hit the lungs. So I'm kind of leaning to the Buddha. But of course the Surfer looks awesome, comes with a bag, and seems to be more extendable.

Am I missing some other benefit to one or the other?